Home The TR Podcast 144: Flagship cards and broken backs
Reviews

The TR Podcast 144: Flagship cards and broken backs

Jordan Drake
Disclosure
Disclosure
In our content, we occasionally include affiliate links. Should you click on these links, we may earn a commission, though this incurs no additional cost to you. Your use of this website signifies your acceptance of our terms and conditions as well as our privacy policy.
The Tech Report Podcast

Date: October 28, 2013
Duration: 2:00:56

Hosted by: Jordan Drake

Co-Hosts: Scott Wasson, Geoff Gasior, and Cyril Kowaliski

Download:
MP3 (87.1MB)

Subscribe:
RSS (MP3) | RSS (M4A)
iTunes (MP3) | iTunes (M4A)

Show notes
Be warned. This episode is long. We cover, in depth, Apple’s latest and greatest tablets and notebooks. Scott expounds on his adventure with AMD’s impressive (if a bit noisy) Radeon R9 290X. Nvidia’s G-Sync is also of interest, as is Geoff’s review of the Asus Transformer Book T100. We wrap things up with Cyril’s discovery of the glorious Steelcase Leap chair.

Send in listener mail, and we’ll answer on the podcast. – [email protected]

Follow us on Twitter – ScottJordanGeoffCyrilThe Tech Report

Listener mail/tweets:

Is Scott a Dungeon Master? – from Phil:

“I have been listening to the “Nerd Poker” dungeons and dragons podcast recently. There was something strangely familiar about it that I couldn’t put my finger on until today. I can’t help but notice that the “Scott” dungeon master sounds identical to the “Scott” of your podcast. The last names are different, yet suspiciously similar (Wasson vs. Robison – perhaps one is a pseudonym?). Can you do some sleuthing and expose his double life in your next podcast?”

Folding@Home? – from Chris:

“Good day to you Mr. Wasson and Mr. Drake. I was wondering if it would be possible to get a mention during the next Podcast focusing on the TR Folding@Home team and our project for October? A lot of us are all folding under the TRFrankenbot name as a team effort for the Halloween Holiday. Frankie only gets used during October of each year then goes back to sleep at the end of October until its time next year. Our goal this year is to earn 20 million points. Last year Frankie earned 5 million points from the group effort. However, after doing some rough math, it looks like we are going to come up short on our goal unless we get some more help. I am hoping a little PR from the TR team will push us over the top.”

Tech discussion:

That’s all, folks! We’ll see you on the next episode.

Latest News

Apple Might Join Hands with Google or OpenAI for Their AI Tech
News

Apple Is Reportedly Planning to Join Hands with Google or OpenAI to License Their AI Tools

YouTube Launches New Tool To Help Label AI-generated Content
News

YouTube Launches a New Tool to Help Creators Label AI-Generated Content

YouTube released a tool that will make creators clearly label the parts of their content that are generated by AI. The initiative was first launched in November in an attempt...

Ripple Dumps 240 Million XRP Tokens Amid 17% Price Decline
Crypto News

Ripple Dumps 240 Million XRP Tokens Amid 17% Price Decline

Popular crypto payment platform Ripple has released 240 million XRP tokens in its latest escrow unlock for March. This comes at a time when XRP’s price has declined significantly. Data from...

Crypto Expert Draws A Links Between Shiba Inu And Ethereum
Crypto News

Crypto Expert Draws Link Between Shiba Inu And Ethereum

The Lucrative FTX Bankruptcy Trade and Ongoing Legal Battle
Crypto News

The Lucrative FTX Bankruptcy Trade and Ongoing Legal Battle

Bitcoin (BTC) Price Set to Enter “Danger Zone” – Time to Back-Off or Bag More Coins?
Crypto News

Bitcoin (BTC) Price Set to Enter “Danger Zone” – Time to Back-Off or Bag More Coins?

SNB to Kick Off Rate Cut Cycle Sooner Than Expected
News

SNB to Kick-Start Rate Cut Cycle Sooner Than Expected