Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Nostalgia Lane - Old Time TR Posters

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:54 pm

Came over here 13+ long years ago from Ars and lurked a bit before registering. Still read Ars as well. Have had some great talks and got music tips from Kevin back in the days when ICQ and the TR - IRC was all the rage.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:29 pm

kvndoom wrote:
10 years later, I'm STILL using this ThermalRock case:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26156

I might buy a new case for my Windows 10 build next year. Heh, probably not. :D It'll also be my first Intel system since the Pentium 3, so maybe a drastic change is in order.

Probably no need, provided you can get the correct power supply into the case you already have and like. My desktop PC still lives in an Antec Sonata that's going on something like eight years. Started life with an Athlon FX and currently has an i5-2500k running.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:21 am

I saw Hoser over the summer, when I came back from Frank Thomas baseball HoF induction via Canada. We met up for dinner and cigars in Niagara Falls. Good times.

PerfectCr is very active on Facebook. Also good times.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!

alloyD
Gerbil First Class

Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:24 am

Captain Ned wrote:
PerfectCR.

I remember when PerfectCR was featured on the podcast back when it was still relatively new. That was a fun one.
I actually have Thrashdog to thank for pointing me to TR. I followed the site for a while before I actually joined. Still the best.
"The danger lies not in the machine itself but in the user's failure to envision the full consequences of the instructions he gives to it." --Neil Stephenson