Online money making sites

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Online money making sites

Postposted on Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:42 am

I was wondering, do these online money making sites actually pay u any money? Examples include email reading, ad clicking, data entry from home etc. Does anyone know a particularly good site with a reputation to pay regularly and that also caters to international members? On average, how much money would I make? Right now, I would be happy to settle for $300 per month. Thanks.
Poor_Paki
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:11 pm

If you're thinking of doing ad-clicking/email zombie work for profit, you'd be one of them (spammers, scammers). I think no good could come of that.

How about something local, are you able to work in town at something tangable that could help otehrs (construction, computer repair, manufacturing, whatever)?
Semi-official TR gaming group at http://www.coldblackeyes.com/forums/
emkubed
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:28 pm

I'm sure you can find a job as a transcriber locally. They pay much better and are less shady than anything a spammer sends you in an email.
SpotTheCat
Gerbilus Supremus

Re: Online money making sites

Postposted on Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:21 pm

Poor_Paki wrote:I was wondering, do these online money making sites actually pay u any money? Examples include email reading, ad clicking, data entry from home etc. Does anyone know a particularly good site with a reputation to pay regularly and that also caters to international members? On average, how much money would I make? Right now, I would be happy to settle for $300 per month. Thanks.

Ack! Eeek!
RUN AWAY!

Any time you're promised easy money by just "Stuffing envelopes" or "scanning email" it's a HUGE SCAM! There's 1000 flavors, but a common one is for you to reply, and they'll get you excited, but be vague in exact details. But after you're ready to start, suddenly you'll be asked to pay a $199 application fee ("but don't worry, you'll make so much more than that!"). And then you'll need to pre-buy some supplies for the "new business".. and $500 more for your "training seminar".. and finally in the end your "job" will end up being posting advertisements and writing emails to people who are interested in getting a job doing data entry and writing emails.. with the promise of getting a cut of the "application fees" of new people you rope in.
The people doing this can be very polished, and very reasonable sounding. Even if you're smart, they can introduce it in just the right order and speed to make it all seem reasonable.

It's a CLASSIC scam. Herbalife and Amway are very similar, but in the real world, not online.
Here's actually a very interesting site. It's not exactly what you're talking about but it will likely be one of the many cloned flavors.

http://www.cockeyed.com/workfromhome/wo ... ome_s.html

Edit to add new link!
spworley
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:21 pm

OK, even more links..

Here's a good one telling how "data entry from home" scams work:
http://www.sohojobs.com/scam4.html

That site has quite a few other good articles on different scams (and also where and how to identify legitimate offers.)
spworley
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:25 am

spworley wrote:
Poor_Paki wrote:I was wondering, do these online money making sites actually pay u any money? Examples include email reading, ad clicking, data entry from home etc. Does anyone know a particularly good site with a reputation to pay regularly and that also caters to international members? On average, how much money would I make? Right now, I would be happy to settle for $300 per month. Thanks.

Ack! Eeek!
RUN AWAY!

Any time you're promised easy money by just "Stuffing envelopes" or "scanning email" it's a HUGE SCAM! There's 1000 flavors, but a common one is for you to reply, and they'll get you excited, but be vague in exact details. But after you're ready to start, suddenly you'll be asked to pay a $199 application fee ("but don't worry, you'll make so much more than that!"). And then you'll need to pre-buy some supplies for the "new business".. and $500 more for your "training seminar".. and finally in the end your "job" will end up being posting advertisements and writing emails to people who are interested in getting a job doing data entry and writing emails.. with the promise of getting a cut of the "application fees" of new people you rope in.
The people doing this can be very polished, and very reasonable sounding. Even if you're smart, they can introduce it in just the right order and speed to make it all seem reasonable.

It's a CLASSIC scam. Herbalife and Amway are very similar, but in the real world, not online.
Here's actually a very interesting site. It's not exactly what you're talking about but it will likely be one of the many cloned flavors.

http://www.cockeyed.com/workfromhome/wo ... ome_s.html

Edit to add new link!

What you described is a classic Ponzi scheme - revenue comes solely from 'signing up' new members rather than any actual product. Superficially it's easy to lump it in with MLMs, but it is different. (MLMs vary in their legitimacy - the details are important.)
MadManOriginal
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:40 am

You responded to a seven year old thread started by a banned poster? Why?
Molon labe.
Vrock
Gerbil God

Postposted on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:56 am

Whoops, didn't look at the dates. It must have been on the front page somehow, I certainly don't go digging through the forum for ancient threads.
MadManOriginal
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:04 am

...and all this chatter is just keeping it on the front page even longer.

The thread got resurrected by a spammer (whose post has since been deleted).

Locked.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Return to The Back Porch