dymt reloaded

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Re: dymt reloaded

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:49 am

I got tired of reporting the posts - I did send him a *really* friendly PM though. What a world-class jagoff.
Corsair 600T | ASUS P8P67 PRO | Intel 2500k @ 4.4Ghz | EVGA 560 TI | G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB | Corsair HX650 650W
steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:50 am

I only reported one. I had a feeling that was plenty.

Probably should have been something like 100 posts AND was a member as of a certain date prior to the giveaway being announced. This turd joined today so he wouldn't qualify.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:58 am

That would definitely help.

I do hope that this doesn't discourage future contests, though...
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

-Probably the best Damage quote ever.
superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 am

So much work, it's painful to watch, but he's more than doubled his count since I started watching this unfold.
TR BBQ ~XI~ has come and gone but you can relive it by checking out this gallery!
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:03 am

Jerk spammer? What jerk spammer?

Thank you, Morphine & Damage!
Last edited by JustAnEngineer on Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
i7-4770K, H70, Gryphon Z87, 16 GiB, R9-290, SSD, 2 HD, Blu-ray, SB ZX, TJ08-E, SS-660XP², 3007WFP+2001FP, RK-9000BR, MX518
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:04 am

viewtopic.php?p=1215199#p1215199

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

yes, I heard the *CLUNK* sound.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:06 am

Have I mentioned lately how much I love TR mods? :lol:
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:42 pm

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/08/16/ex ... o-be-rele/

Don't be dangling this in the face of kids who saw Star Wars in the original run at age 13 (in 1977 there were no episode numbers or titles, it was just bloody "Star Wars") and not follow through given what The Neckbeard has done to them since then. If anyone can get it done, it'll be The Mouse. If they do it, and do it well, I might have to take back some untoward statements.
Life is hard; but it's harder if you're stupid. Big Al.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:56 pm

Why do dill pickle flavored potato chips contain whey powder as an ingredient?
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Whey is also used in the production of regular dill pickles, and other vegetable fermentation. I couldn't tell you why though.
i5 2500k - P67 - GTX660 - 840 Pro 256GB - Xonar Essence STX - Senn HD595's
The Egg
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Probably to help the flavouring stick to the chip & so they can put a number in the protein section of the nutrition information.
For those that fought for it, freedom has a taste that the protected will never know.
-Unknown Veteran
Hoser
Lord High Gerbil

Postposted on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:57 am

http://www.businessinsider.com/bedrooms ... 014-8?op=1

Those "crew rest" bunks look pretty swanky, especially given the space they're squeezed into above the main cabin.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:44 pm

Captain Ned wrote:http://www.businessinsider.com/bedrooms-flight-attendants-use-on-long-haul-aircraft-2014-8?op=1

Those "crew rest" bunks look pretty swanky, especially given the space they're squeezed into above the main cabin.

Swanky, as long as you have no claustrophobia issues of course. Great privacy too.

Not quite an etihad residence though. I don't know how the flight crew manages without a butler.
mattsteg
Gerbil God

Postposted on Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 pm

I love the "One Per Bunk" admonishment on the signage.
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:27 am

mattsteg wrote:Not quite an etihad residence though. I don't know how the flight crew manages without a butler.

Only £12,813.76 / $21,274.04 for a 7 hour flight.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:49 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
mattsteg wrote:Not quite an etihad residence though. I don't know how the flight crew manages without a butler.

Only £12,813.76 / $21,274.04 for a 7 hour flight.
second passenger flies free (except taxes)! What a bargain! None of that one person per bunk shenanigans either - double beds all around.
mattsteg
Gerbil God

Postposted on Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:33 am

Another week out in the hotel in the far SE corner of VT. The only good point this week is that the NH liquor stores have a handle of Dewar's on sale for $29.99

Tomorrow's dinner will be a large pepperoni grinder (12" sub roll, sauce, about 1 lb of pizza pepperoni, a pile of mozz, and run it through the oven) from my favorite Greek-run pizza place in Brattleboro, VT.

Can anyone explain how the US pizza business, at least in the rural areas, became dominated by the Greeks instead of the Italians?
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:20 am

Captain Ned wrote:Can anyone explain how the US pizza business, at least in the rural areas, became dominated by the Greeks instead of the Italians?

In the Chicago area I'd say a pretty large percentage of restaurants in general (Asian food excluded) are Greek-owned.
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:08 pm

RIP Jaws.

Richard Kiel died today. Let's hope that he got it on with his nerdy blonde GF on Drax's space station while retrieving the Golden Jacket from Shooter McGavin. I'll forget that he brought along the cookbook "To Serve Man".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ed-74.html
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:12 am

Coworker has 3 young kids (under 10) and has chosen not to vaccinate any of them. Not lookin to debate, I'm just speechless.
i5 2500k - P67 - GTX660 - 840 Pro 256GB - Xonar Essence STX - Senn HD595's
The Egg
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 am

The Egg wrote:Coworker has 3 young kids (under 10) and has chosen not to vaccinate any of them. Not lookin to debate, I'm just speechless.

And if anyone wants to debate this, please feel free to start it up in R&P, just not here.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:48 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... omers.html

I'm not seeing any future slowdown in his traffic.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:59 pm

I don't dispute that some people may be allergic to MSG; pick practically anything that people eat or drink, and someone somewhere will be allergic to it. But in the case of MSG, it is almost certainly a very small percentage. It isn't present in just Chinese/Asian food; a quite large percentage of processed food contains it too. And y'know what? It just makes food taste better. FWIW I don't go out of my way to avoid it, but we also do not keep a shaker of it next to the salt like we did at home when I was a kid!
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:35 pm

just brew it! wrote:I don't dispute that some people may be allergic to MSG; pick practically anything that people eat or drink, and someone somewhere will be allergic to it. But in the case of MSG, it is almost certainly a very small percentage. It isn't present in just Chinese/Asian food; a quite large percentage of processed food contains it too. And y'know what? It just makes food taste better. FWIW I don't go out of my way to avoid it, but we also do not keep a shaker of it next to the salt like we did at home when I was a kid!

One of my neighbors is allergic to It. I am talking in bed sick the next day if she eats it. It took her years to figure out what was causing it but once she cut out all MSG her problems vanished. A lot of bottled salad dressing flavors have it in them.
Hance
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:43 pm

Hance wrote:
just brew it! wrote:I don't dispute that some people may be allergic to MSG; pick practically anything that people eat or drink, and someone somewhere will be allergic to it. But in the case of MSG, it is almost certainly a very small percentage. It isn't present in just Chinese/Asian food; a quite large percentage of processed food contains it too. And y'know what? It just makes food taste better. FWIW I don't go out of my way to avoid it, but we also do not keep a shaker of it next to the salt like we did at home when I was a kid!

One of my neighbors is allergic to It. I am talking in bed sick the next day if she eats it. It took her years to figure out what was causing it but once she cut out all MSG her problems vanished. A lot of bottled salad dressing flavors have it in them.

That sucks, given its ubiquity. On a related note, I know someone who is allergic to corn (a pretty rare sensitivity, apparently). Given how commonly corn oil and corn syrup are used in the food and beverage industry, it is probably about as hard to avoid as MSG.
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:22 am

I am sick of origin stories. Tired of them. In fact I wish MEU and DC would stop with them. Yes there are a few cases where an Origin story needs to be told, e.g. Guardians of the Galaxy. But dang it to hell how many rehashes do we need on Batman?

We do not need Origin stories on : Batman, Superman, Spiderman, X-men, Wolverine, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Green lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Captain America, TMNT, Daredevil, G.I. Joe, etc, etc, etc. If you don't know the Origin of these then go look at wikipedia or any DC/Marvel online encyclopedia.

And while I am on my box.....Please STOP with the time travel. It does not make a story/move/tv show any more interesting.

(BTW blame Gotham for my rant 8) )
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:35 am

Quick question: is Gotham any good?

But I do agree that we don't need origins for some-several super heroes. Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man are 100% known...we don't ever need to see their origins in film ever again. Several super heroes could probably use an explanation for why they're here doing what they're doing (like Wonder Woman and Thor), but that isn't really an "origins" story. If you must show an origin, try something a little more clever. Tim Burton's Batman did this nicely. Batman had already been established in Gotham, and they only referenced his origins in flashbacks.

I think you could make a case for putting some origins on film, if general audiences aren't that familiar with them (or if there are multiple versions of the same character). I still want these origins to be done well, though (and we don't have to start at the very beginning).

superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:40 am

Is Gotham good. Well that's the million dollar question. It's Ok as in its not bad. In terms of Agents of Shield, Its not as hokey as AoS started off as. AoS got better as the season wore on.

But lets be truthful about Gotham. Its on Fox. It might last 1 season or 2-3. But will it last 7-10 seasons? Probably not. In fact my money is on that it lasts only one.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:41 am

superjawes wrote:Quick question: is Gotham any good?
For a pilot, it wasn't bad. It felt a little bit forced and disjointed from time-to-time, but other than that I enjoyed it and I'm definitely looking forward to more.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.
Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:09 am

tanker27 wrote:Is Gotham good. Well that's the million dollar question. It's Ok as in its not bad. In terms of Agents of Shield, Its not as hokey as AoS started off as. AoS got better as the season wore on.

But lets be truthful about Gotham. Its on Fox. It might last 1 season or 2-3. But will it last 7-10 seasons? Probably not. In fact my money is on that it lasts only one.

Fox wrote:What? This series didn't immediately make us a GAJILLION dollars?!? Cancel!

Sounds about right...I haven't had a chance to watch Agents of Shield either, but overall it sounds like it's worth watching.

EDIT: I normally don't watch TV, and the few shows I do watch (like Doctor Who) are always after the initial air date (usually when they show up on Amazon/Netflix). The same was true of The Blacklist, which I picked up a couple weeks ago...then I missed the first episode of Season 2 :lol:

Still, looking forward to catching up on that.

superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to The Back Porch