Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

NeRve
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Topic Author

volume boost... if there is such a thing

Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:36 pm

hey guys... i currently have this computer with integrated audio (i know i should get an audigy) but the fact is im plain broke... and i have these self-powered hp polk-audio speakers (again i know it sux) but anyways... i cant get really high volume using this sound combo... i was wondering if there is a prorgam out there on the net that can boost my sound volume beyond the level that window's volume control allows me to. i dont know if there is such a thing... thanx for reading guys, and please respond.

JohnnyQ
Gerbil XP

Mon Mar 03, 2003 9:06 am

I can't think that there'd be software out there that could do that (a quick Google and Tucows search didn't turn anything up). I'm assuming that you've played around with the advanced volume controls in Windows? Might be something there that you overlooked... (wav volume etc up all the way?)

IME crappy self-powered speakers start to distort -badly- when all possible volume settings are turned up all the way, are you sure you wanna do this?

JQ
Slave to the Bar.

yarbo
Gerbil Elite

Mon Mar 03, 2003 1:04 pm

If you're using winamp, you can try using the equalizer to give everything a boost, if that's not enough, give it a boost with the preamp. I'm sure a lot of other software has similar options.
<a href=http://www.gentoo.org>Gentoo GNU/Linux</a>