Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

redmouse
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

LOTR or Matrix?

Mon May 19, 2003 9:27 am

I know LOTR and Matrix are very different but both are good movies. All I really wanted to know was what do all you guys think of these trilogies? Which do you look forward to more? And which do you think is better?

...I still haven't seen reloaded so don't include any spoilers please :lol:

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon May 19, 2003 9:43 am

I think LOTR kicks ass just so much, not so say matrix is bad, it just isnt in the same league, its an apple to oranges comparison if you ask me. Only likeness is really that they both are movies, and a triology.

But LOTR is what im waiting for. Its just an epic story. While matrix while good, still seems like hong kong action gone hollywood and put through a horseload of effect computers.

But as i said, both are damn good, although for entirely different reasons.
I mean, you really have no expectations at all when it comes to Keanu's acting, while you on the other hand, have expect something really good of Mckellen and the like.

just brew it!
Administrator

Mon May 19, 2003 9:48 am

I will say that I have enjoyed both quite a bit. But from a story/plot perspective, you really can't compare the two. As Aphasia says, it is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Enjoy them each for what they are.

IMO, LOTR Triligy will go down in cinema history as a classic. Matrix Trilogy will more likely be a "cult" classic, with a following of hard-core fans -- sort of like Blade Runner.
Last edited by just brew it! on Mon May 19, 2003 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

redmouse
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon May 19, 2003 9:50 am

Aphasia, I agree. I watch LOTR and the matrix for different reasons. I really like LOTR's story and that really captures me. But Matrix on the other hand is completly different. I mean the action is just amazing.

I'm looking forward to seeing the return of the king, but right now, i'm more interested in seeing Reloaded as soon as I can.

andurin
Gerbil Elite

Mon May 19, 2003 11:33 am

In the sense of which one I want to see more, The Return of the King or The Matrix: Revolutions, I would have to say Revolutions. I already know what happens in The Return of the King. Well, then again, I thought I knew what happened in The Two Towers, and that didn't exactly go over as planned.

Still, Revolutions is on the top of my list.
<font size=2>Hobbes: "Whatcha doin?"
Calvin: "I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness."
Hobbes: :roll: "I hope you're comfy."
Calvin: "You could get me something to eat."</font>

Buub
Maximum Gerbil

Mon May 19, 2003 12:29 pm

just brew it! wrote:
I will say that I have enjoyed both quite a bit. But from a story/plot perspective, you really can't compare the two. As Aphasia says, it is an apples-to-oranges comparison.

Enjoy them each for what they are.

Absolutely agree.

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Mon May 19, 2003 4:53 pm

I would have to say that I prefer the LOTR trilogy. It just never gets old. The Matrix is fun to watch, but the plot isn't nearly as deep or as epic.
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

Loops
Gerbil XP

Mon May 19, 2003 4:56 pm

Matrix is koo

but LOTR is just epic.

Tekman
Gerbil In Training

Both good LOTR better

Mon May 19, 2003 5:57 pm

Like most of the other posters, I don't think the two movies are even in the same league.

I went back to see FOTR seven times, TTT 3 times. I've read almost all of Tolkien's books and will own every version of them on film possible.

Once in the theatre is enough for Matrix:Reloaded. I don't think that I saw the original Matrix at the theatre at all. Didn't hear about until a friend told me and by then it was available to rent. I did watch it several times, enough to memorize every line, when it was on cable.
Pentium 4, 2.26Ghz, Antec-Case with 330 Watt PWR, 512 MB of 2700 DDR, Geforce3 Ti 200, 60 GB Seagate Barracuda as Primary drive and, 20 GB Western Digital for backups. Running Windows 2000 Pro and Win 98 on dual boot for running older games.