A small update:
The pond is now full, it took only 3 months to get approximately 3.8 million gallons in there. Amazing that much water passes through there 3 out of 9 wet months! I never thought of our property being "wet" being on a hillside. I should have made the pond larger
. So it actually is about 0.6 acres overall, and the dam has settled about 1.5 feet after it was completed.
In all we are pretty happy with it, and I have started the process of creating structure and shelter for the fish I will be stocking. In the spring I will be putting in minnows, and then late summer and early fall I will be putting in perch and walleye. Next spring probably pumpkin-seed sunfish. So currently collecting some spent Christmas trees and making some plastic fake trees.
So you can kinda tell my priorities are shifting away from PC building and more into the outdoor stuff lately.
Anyhow on with the pics!
Not quite full yet...
Now full! (This evening)
It will look so nice once I have a chance to grass and wildflower it! Right now a (frozen) muddy mess that is in dire need of a York rake.
Feeling rather blessed.
Oh, dock project is a bust. Going to have to make a floater! Pilings are 15 feet under, the wood did not show up in time and conditions plain stunk for working on it. Not really wanting to drain the pond to put in the dock, I would rather suck up the effort I made and make a floating dock instead.