Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I
Topic Author

What to make of HP

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:28 am

http://arstechnica.com/business/2012/10 ... few-years/

I'm curious. It seems like business tend to not air their dirty launder in public very often, and this looks like a real departure from that. I can't tell if she's trying to signal that yes, she does know what's wrong so A:she should keep her job for more than a few months and B: investors don't need to panic, or if she's committing a faux pas in business etiquette. I'm glad someone at the top basically confirms some of my biggest complaints about HP and I hope that she fixes them; they used to be a pretty good hardware company but for the last few years (maybe 5 or 6?) they've been kind of a mess. For those that know more about this type of thing than me, should we take this as a good sign or a bad one?
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: What to make of HP

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:23 pm

Looks like she decided it was best to be honest up front with HP's investors, to properly reset expectations going forward. Good for her. If she's allowed to stick around long enough and given enough power, maybe she'll be able to reorganize the company and return it to profitability.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Flatland_Spider
Graphmaster Gerbil

Re: What to make of HP

Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:25 pm

Meg is setting expectation for Wall Street, so they don't ding HP too hard when while they finish falling down the stairs.

Meg has been a refreshing change from other high profile CEOs. She seems to get that HP has problems, and she's dedicated to troubleshooting the problem rather than making an arbitrary decision about what will fix the company.