Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

What is the name of this Anime ?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:01 pm

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: What is the name of this Anime ?

Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Based on the Google results of the image name (this thread and one other forum), it's probably more Arabic cartoons. Come to think of it, why am I replying?
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:56 am

Hmm... Second post from a same person about some obscure cartoons with similar source for both of them... Makes you wonder about things... things like the recent thread by Damage about "stealth viral marketing" :wink:
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

opensemsem
Gerbil In Training
Topic Author

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:31 am

It is dubbed in Arabic but it's not produced by Arabs, maybe it's a Japanese anime. It's a vintage anime, and I want to know its English name. I don't want its name in Arabic.

just brew it!
Administrator

Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:23 am

Based on the fact that this Google image recognition search returns all Arabic results, it sure seems like it is of Arab origin. It also appears that the English name may be "Ben Ben".

JohnC wrote:
Hmm... Second post from a same person about some obscure cartoons with similar source for both of them... Makes you wonder about things... things like the recent thread by Damage about "stealth viral marketing" :wink:

It would be pretty silly to engage in stealth viral marketing of an Arabic cartoon on a US tech enthusiast site...

Edit: Even if it is indeed vintage Japanese anime, the only recent interest appears to have been from Arab-speaking countries...
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.