Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:32 pm

StrangeDay wrote:
The two posts I made today are more than I've posted in months or years, but I sort of miss this place.

Welcome back, then! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

liquidsquid
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:14 am

Hmm, debated this as I would need to fill a book on my interests. I will keep it to the current ones.

43, Principal analog hardware engineer. However I also am involved in embedded engineering and high-speed digital. I think you can guess my gender and get it right.

Started with the Atari 2600, but didn't get a PC until my 2nd year of college, and it was all downhill from there. Several custom flaky builds since then.

I have taken a step back from building PCs as my interests have primarily become outdoors related and spending time with my family, church, and leading cub scouts. Life is good! Now my PC sits idle apart from weather data (see weather link in my sig) and processing pictures.

We had a large farm pond built two years ago, and it has become an obsession. The water is pool-clear and full of healthy game fish! We swim, fish, play, etc. in it. Eventually will be putting in a remote web cam down there and then feed a live webcam to the Weather Underground, but other priorities keep getting in the way. We have a decent chunk of land and feel blessed to be in a part of the country I can live in the sticks and still have a decent technical job without a silly commute.

annabel
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm Annabel and I lack originality with online names.

Half Persian, born and spent younger years in Berlin, lived most of my life in Edinburgh, currently living in Wellington, NZ. I'm 26, single and ready to mingle.

Like technology but suck at it, pretty much just buy apple products because I think they're pretty... Work in finance, boring but pays well, currently in a NZ government organisation.

I like running and walking, ran a few marathons now. I cook and bake a lot. I like gardening and I'm addicted to honey.

I've been friends with Gleek for far too long. Gleek got banned for TR. Gleek made ThinkGleek Forum. Loads of gerbils joined and I befriended them. I joined TR to see gerbils in their natural habitat (and because Gleek annoyed me). That was almost 7 years ago...which scares me slightly to work out. I dip in and out of TR to see how everyone is and ask a ridiculous tech question.

I'm INFJ.
Are you a talkative member of TR? Would you like to converse with fellow TR members? Then this is just the thing for you!
server: irc.freenode.org channel: #techreport