Reboot, reboot!

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Reboot, reboot!

Postposted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 am

OMG. Can it possibly be good after all this time? How will they adapt to the completely different world of computing we know today vs. when the show was new? Will they try to keep it old school or it be full of social media and mobile references? They will have to deal with all the time that has passed somehow if the want to use the same characters (awaked from a backup archive?)... Of course the show has never been shy about social commentary references and other nods to geek culture so it wil have to be modernized somehow... I hope they target a fairly broad audience. *fingers crossed*
I don't watch commercials.
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Re: Reboot, reboot!

Postposted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:19 am

Holy Crap!

It will be missing some of its touch without Tony Jay, however. :cry:
Desktop: FX-8350 | 32 GB | XFX Radeon 6950 | Windows 7 x64
Laptop: i7 740QM | 12 GB | Mobility Radeon 5850 | Windows 8.1 x64
SuperSpy
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:27 am

Awww... I didn't know. Yes, he was awesome.
I don't watch commercials.
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:42 am

Yo dawg, I hear you like Reboot, so we rebooted Reboot!

Seriously, though, this show was great. I wouldn't mind if they made completely new characters. I mainly just hope that they both make reference to older computing, to get some of the computing jokes from the original series, as well as newer jokes about the current state of games and social media.

And yes, very sad about Tony Jay. I've been growing my appreciation of voice actors lately, and that voice was legendary.
Save yourself the trouble and don't ask why the TV remote is in the refrigerator.
superjawes
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber

Return to The Back Porch