Any luck with Samsung's support website?

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Any luck with Samsung's support website?

Postposted on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:45 am

So I built my system using two Samsung 840 pros.... and one of them has decided to do the Tijuana two-step off this mortal coil.

Of ccourse I want to get it replaced under warranty, and I end up getting to this website: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request

Unfortunately, I have yet to make the !#%!#^% website actually accept my request. I can fill in the forms, but then I get this idiotic "troubleshooting guide" that has no useful information, followed by an order confirmation screen. At the end I "submit" my order and a blank page shows up with no information..... :evil:

So do any of the gerbils around here have experience with Samsung's support website and tips for how I might have some success? If they have a phone support number, I'll try that too. Anything to get the ball rolling.
4770K @ 4.7 GHz; 32GB DDR3-2133; GTX-770; 512GB 840 Pro (2x); Fractal Define XL-R2; NZXT Kraken-X60
--Many thanks to the TR Forum for advice in getting it built.
chuckula
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber

Re: Any luck with Samsung's support website?

Postposted on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:41 am

I've had good luck with Samsung support with various other products in the past (TV, Smartphone). Here is the number for general support I could easily find. I would suggest just calling them, and getting transferred around until you get to correct department.

Product Support:
800-726-7864
Main: ASRock P67 Extreme4 | i5 2500K @4.2 | 16GB DDR3 1600 (4x4GB) | GTX 660 FTW Sig2 3GB | 500GB EVO SSD | TX650W | Win 7 Pro
Server: Intel BOXDH67CLB3 | G620 @2.6 | 8GB DDR3 (2x4GB) | IGP | 33TB | WHS 2011
HorseIicious
Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:46 am

I'm in the same boat. The funny part is that we block most foreign IPs at my workplace so I can't get there to start an RMA process. What little I did get one time was useless. I'll try again but not in any hurry.
Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:14 am

chuckula wrote:Unfortunately, I have yet to make the !#%!#^% website actually accept my request. I can fill in the forms, but then I get this idiotic "troubleshooting guide" that has no useful information, followed by an order confirmation screen. At the end I "submit" my order and a blank page shows up with no information..... :evil:

So do any of the gerbils around here have experience with Samsung's support website and tips for how I might have some success? If they have a phone support number, I'll try that too. Anything to get the ball rolling.

I've usually had to disable any popup blocker in a browser to get Samsungs support site to work.
Deanjo
Gerbil Team Leader

Postposted on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:35 am

Quick update: I never was able to get the web support working, but I will give props to Samsung's phone support. I didn't have to wait on hold for forever and they were helpful in getting the RMA setup with minimal fuss.
4770K @ 4.7 GHz; 32GB DDR3-2133; GTX-770; 512GB 840 Pro (2x); Fractal Define XL-R2; NZXT Kraken-X60
--Many thanks to the TR Forum for advice in getting it built.
chuckula
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber

Return to The Back Porch