TR BBQ ~XI~ Official Thread (7/19/14)

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Re: TR BBQ ~XI~ Official Thread (7/19/14)

Postposted on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:23 am

Well my favorite part was when lonewolf was thought to be me lol....damn nametags lol.
Abit BP6 2X 300A@450 mhz, 1.5 GB PC133 ECC, Renditon Verite V2200, SB AWE32, Adaptec 2940U2W, 4.3GB Quantum Atlas 10K, Plextor Ultraplex
Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Postposted on Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:40 am

Captain Ned wrote:FroBozz's rage quit just might have made it.

FroBozz rage quit? How the heck did I miss that? ;)

Oh wait...I did not since I was the one he rage quit on.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.
zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:06 am

Captain Ned wrote:
Flying Fox wrote:Anyone got videos? Especially of the tourney and fireworks?

No Dposcorp, no vids.

Sheldon got some vids on his phone, but he has a super crappy connection at home so probably won't upload them until he can get to my house next. I'll be sure to post them.
TR BBQ ~XI~ has come and gone but you can relive it by checking out this gallery!
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

Just wanted to say that this was my 1st TRBBQ experience. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to attend this year after a few years of sis_of_fish trying to get me to attend. It was something I hope to be able to make a yearly thing now. I'm also really glad Laura and I were able to give everyone the enjoyment of being able to remember the BBQ through the pictures we took. Next year I think I'll bring my good tripod for the group photos and maybe even have a remote for the shutter so we don't have to race a timer. I look forward to seeing everyone again next year and hopefully get to know some of you better than just a quick introduction. Thanks to everyone who made this great time a possibility, and see you all next year hopefully.
Biscuit_fish
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:12 am

Captain Ned wrote:
idchafee wrote:Where was jss21382 this year? He hardly every misses!

Last logon is 9 April 2014, so no real idea.

Yeah, Friday night Gleek proclaimed that I was the lamest of them all.

http://www.kissmeinannarbor.com/ committed to helping back in February, you guys couldn't have asked for a better weekend...On Sunday I grilled 144 burgers, 120 hot dogs, and 48 veggie burgers...so aside from being totally different it was exactly the same!
X2 3800+ @ 2.3, 2GB Mushkin pc3200, Lanparty Ultra-D, X850XT @ 560/585
jss21382
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:31 am

zgirl wrote:
Captain Ned wrote:FroBozz's rage quit just might have made it.

FroBozz rage quit? How the heck did I miss that? ;)

Oh wait...I did not since I was the one he rage quit on.

You had already won when I "rage quit" - let me just make sure that's understood. ("but if you got the next two in the hole!" - gimmie a break)
Playing you is the pinnacle of frustration for me, and I feel after all these years that I don't have to hide my dismay. If that comes off as "poor sport" I apologize.
That's not my intent. Maybe I'm wrong? You already *know* you will win every time you play. Having "hope" is a mistake to begin with when it comes time to play you. In my head in order to play a game, I have to know going in that I have a chance to win. To pretend to have a chance against you is a mental denial I have to engage in. I don't normally behave like that, ever. Just for you Kelli :)

Ned - sorry about that. (maglight)
FroBozz_Inc
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:Ned - sorry about that. (maglight)

No probs. You lot were still fast asleep when I came & left.
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:48 pm

See, playing someone like Kelli does the exact opposite for me. I know imma get blasted, so I just kick back and enjoy it.
YOU CAN RUPTURE SOMEONE'S SPLEEN WITH A WATER BALLOON!!!!
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:06 pm

FroBozz_Inc wrote:You had already won when I "rage quit" - let me just make sure that's understood. ("but if you got the next two in the hole!" - gimmie a break)
Playing you is the pinnacle of frustration for me, and I feel after all these years that I don't have to hide my dismay. If that comes off as "poor sport" I apologize.
That's not my intent. Maybe I'm wrong? You already *know* you will win every time you play. Having "hope" is a mistake to begin with when it comes time to play you. In my head in order to play a game, I have to know going in that I have a chance to win. To pretend to have a chance against you is a mental denial I have to engage in. I don't normally behave like that, ever. Just for you Kelli :)

Ned - sorry about that. (maglight)

Hide your dismay? Every year, I stand next to shoes while you play and we laugh at how pissed you get. LOL I missed it this year, but the "rage quit" story makes up for it.
Dposcorp
Minister of Gerbil Affairs
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:17 am

Oh, almost forgot to give a shout out to gleek treating me, JBI, and sheldomaus to a tasty mexican breakfast before we left. Oh and also sheldomaus almost rolling his blazer when taking a sharp turn without braking :o
Abit BP6 2X 300A@450 mhz, 1.5 GB PC133 ECC, Renditon Verite V2200, SB AWE32, Adaptec 2940U2W, 4.3GB Quantum Atlas 10K, Plextor Ultraplex
Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 am

idchafee wrote:Where was jss21382 this year? He hardly every misses!

He was in ann arbor dancing with girls doing some kind of cha-cha swing dancing stuff.

i told him i was highly disappointed that he placed dancing with girls over the annual tr bbq.
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:44 am

idchafee wrote:See, playing someone like Kelli does the exact opposite for me. I know imma get blasted, so I just kick back and enjoy it.

same. i love playing against more skilled players then myself and kelli is at the top of that list. one day in the near future i have hopes of winning against her in a tournament. i scored at least 9 points which is an accomplishment in itself.

and np on the mexi-b'fast, it's become a tradition going years back with just myself and sheldon. so much fun. glad we could add +2 to the list!
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:45 am

FroBozz_Inc wrote:You had already won when I "rage quit" - let me just make sure that's understood. ("but if you got the next two in the hole!" - gimmie a break)

No I had not "won" scoring does not take place until after all the bags have been thrown. I have been ahead numerous times against people and ended up with no scoring taking place.

FroBozz_Inc wrote:Playing you is the pinnacle of frustration for me, and I feel after all these years that I don't have to hide my dismay.

I completely understand that and have absolutely no issue with you venting all you want. It is actually quite entertaining. :D

FroBozz_Inc wrote:If that comes off as "poor sport" I apologize.

You do whatever it is that you need to do. I completely understand how difficult it is to play against me. However the rage quit, while funny, might have been a bit much. ;) :D

Look I understand I am incredibly difficult to play against. I just love to play so I welcome the opportunity to do so and I have lost a couple of times at the BBQ.

It is possible I am not infallible. :D
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:20 am

Starfalcon wrote:Oh and also sheldomaus almost rolling his blazer when taking a sharp turn without braking :o

How very interesting... I'm telling his mom. :lol:
TR BBQ ~XI~ has come and gone but you can relive it by checking out this gallery!
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Also should I change my handle since everyone just uses my first name now? :wink: :D
zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:19 pm

zgirl wrote:Also should I change my handle since everyone just uses my first name now? :wink: :D

That's between you and JBI.
It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Captain Ned
Global Moderator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Captain Ned wrote:
zgirl wrote:Also should I change my handle since everyone just uses my first name now? :wink: :D

That's between you and JBI.

You make it sound ominous. :lol:

But yeah... provided the handle isn't already taken, changing it is just a PM away.
(this space intentionally left blank)
just brew it!
Administrator
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:04 am

OK so here's a question. I took the Wasson Cup on a 2000+ mile roadtrip that hit 6 US states and Ontario. Should I post the WC pics from the trip now, or put them on ClickClick's USB drive to save for BBQ2015?
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:11 am

idchafee wrote:OK so here's a question. I took the Wasson Cup on a 2000+ mile roadtrip that hit 6 US states and Ontario. Should I post the WC pics from the trip now, or put them on ClickClick's USB drive to save for BBQ2015?

Both, but I suggest keeping the best ones to the USB drive to entice people to come for the cup next year. ;)
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.
Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:38 am

I'm torn... I suppose I should post ClickClick5's pics though... Here they are. 8)
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:50 am

The Wasson Cup came to Denver and the locals weren't invited for a viewing?
He who laughs last, laughs first next time.
ludi
Gerbil Elder

Postposted on Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:19 pm

ludi wrote:The Wasson Cup came to Denver and the locals weren't invited for a viewing?

that cup is like TR's holy grail (literally too! lol), and everywhere it goes, the locals should be allowed for a viewing and photo op's! :P
thegleek
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:00 pm

I think what I'll do is sit on the pics and post them post TRBBQ2015. I got some good ones on this trip, but I forgot to get a few more that I had planned :cry:
idchafee
His Holy Gerbilness
Gold subscriber

Previous

Return to The Back Porch