Guardians of the Galaxy!

Hang out, sip some ice tea, and shoot the breeze with TR regulars.

Moderators: emkubed, Captain Ned

Guardians of the Galaxy!

Postposted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:47 pm

Ok guys, we've finally got it.

http://www.traileraddict.com/guardians- ... xy/trailer

Who's PUMPED!

I could really go for an obscure fire fly, semi self aware action comedy drama!
kamikaziechameleon
Gerbil Elite

Re: Guardians of the Galaxy!

Postposted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm entirely unfamiliar with the comic on which this is based, but I have to say I find it hilarious that DC seems unwilling to test the commercial prospects of a Wonder Woman movie while Marvel is quite happy to go ahead with one co-starring a raccoon.
UberGerbil
Gerbil Khan

Postposted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Nova Corps as punch-clock beat cops?

Genius.

This could be the next Fifth Element. I'll be lining up on opening night for this.

EDIT: Also, Benicio del Toro as The Collector Space Mugatu? Make that two tickets!
Wind, Sand and Stars.
Voldenuit
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Obligatory Post:

Wind, Sand and Stars.
Voldenuit

Postposted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:35 pm

UberGerbil wrote:I'm entirely unfamiliar with the comic on which this is based, but I have to say I find it hilarious that DC seems unwilling to test the commercial prospects of a Wonder Woman movie while Marvel is quite happy to go ahead with one co-starring a raccoon.

Correction, a raccoon voiced by Bradley Cooper in addition to a tree-man voiced by Vin Diesel. :lol:

I've never read comic books, but the trailer pretty much sold me on seeing this in theaters.

As for DC, I would understand if they didn't want to do Wonder Woman because they were afraid that they would screw her up, but that's nonsense considering the success of the DC animated success with her, IMO. Then again, DC properties haven't gotten great treatment lately.
Save yourself the trouble and don't ask why the TV remote is in the refrigerator.
superjawes
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:43 pm

superjawes wrote:Correction, a raccoon voiced by Bradley Cooper in addition to a tree-man voiced by Vin Diesel. :lol:

I've never read comic books, but the trailer pretty much sold me on seeing this in theaters.

As for DC, I would understand if they didn't want to do Wonder Woman because they were afraid that they would screw her up, but that's nonsense considering the success of the DC animated success with her, IMO. Then again, DC properties haven't gotten great treatment lately.

Other than on TV (thank you the CW), because Arrow is fantastic.

Quietly hopeful for The Flash.
Wind, Sand and Stars.
Voldenuit

Postposted on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:36 am

Drax is a strange character. In the predominant version of his story, Thanos received a prophecy he would be killed by Arthur Douglas. He acts pre-emptively to kill douglas and his family. Kronos resurrects him as an avatar "Drax, The Destoryer" who's fate and sole purpose is to combat and eventually kill Thanos. Drax can't really die... He's hellboy/hulk/wolverine all in one, he doesn't have the power of flight or any mental powers(telepathy, etc.) so he slowly trods across the galaxy the old school way on his mission to fulfill his purpose and slay the Mad Titan.

The rest of the Guardians are pretty pedestrian compared to him, lol.
kamikaziechameleon
Gerbil Elite

Return to The Back Porch