Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

BluePanda
Gerbil
Topic Author

BACK...again

Sun May 25, 2014 7:07 pm

Well HI TR. BP is back -- I think again. haha

I joined awhile back: THREAD but got distracted and forgot to come back to the forums. I tend to read the front page, read the news and get all excited and forget to talk to peoples here. :(

Things have changed a bit since my original post -- but since you don't really know me, not sure you care...haha

ANYWAYS -- Second Welcome round? :oops:

just brew it!
Administrator

Re: BACK...again

Mon May 26, 2014 11:19 am

Well welcome back then! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon May 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Welcome back!

I don't visit the forums much, but am more active on the front page comments. But even then, compared to some of the posters... :o
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

SomeOtherGeek
Gerbil First Class

Mon May 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Yes, welcome back. I'm not much of a forums person, but I like to personal ( I know TR has them).

So, question: Still at LANL? Has things been different than from last you posted? If you don't mind me asking.
A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective.
Edward Teller

BluePanda
Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon May 26, 2014 5:30 pm

SomeOtherGeek wrote:
So, question: Still at LANL? Has things been different than from last you posted? If you don't mind me asking.

Sanks!

I am still at LANL. I have moved with in the HPC division and am no longer with the facilities team but rather the HPC testing group. haha. I'm back in school getting my masters in Computer Engineering and working part time during class time (thank god it's summer) and becoming a strange mix -- BS in MechE with a MS in CompE. I'm a beast not to be reckoned with! lol

It's going well so far, but as you can imagine, a self taught coder isn't the best in the work place -- I'm learning, and they are quite patient.

I'm going to London Wednesday (as per a work related trip for Waco) and I dunno...life be good!

I've got a older Ford Focus I've been playing with (toying the idea of a turbo) and just helped Waco put the engine back in the miata this weekend (he did a full rebuild)...

So that's just a quick snapshot of things.

I just really like TR and I'm hoping to be more active here in the Forums...