Personal computing discussed

Moderators: askfranklin, renee, emkubed, Captain Ned

anotherengineer
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Need Help with Toyota Online Parts Dealers

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:15 am

Good day,

I have found several 'online' 'genuine' toyota parts dealers, there is probably even more.

I'm just wondering if anyone here has used an online parts dealer - for genuine OEM Toyota parts? (which online stores are good and which to avoid?)

Thanks

Edit - not spam Morphine, it's legit.

Edit 2 - I'm in Canada and the dealer here wants 2 to 3 times the price that they are available for online from the States.

Edit 3 - Title
Last edited by anotherengineer on Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Life doesn't change after marriage, it changes after children!

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Re: Genuine Toyota Parts Online

Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:39 am

Your subject line looks very spammy.
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

morphine
TR Staff

Re: Need Help with Toyota Online Parts Dealers

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:00 am

Not spam, guys.

Sorry, anotherengineer... too many years' conditioning of nuking spam on sight. :lol:
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

Flying Fox
Gerbil God

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Beware that shipping across the border will mean possible duties (not sure NAFTA helps in this case) and the dreaded brokerage fees. Warranty on the parts may be another issue as well. It may not be as cheap as it looks. If the parts that you are talking about are large (like the entire exhaust system :o), then it will not be cheap.
The Model M is not for the faint of heart. You either like them or hate them.

Gerbils unite! Fold for UnitedGerbilNation, team 2630.

ludi
Lord High Gerbil

Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 pm

What parts are you actually trying to get? In some cases you may find that a "genuine" part has an equal third-party substitute, or in some cases, is actually supplied to Toyota by one of the major manufacturers which sells the same hardware as a third-party name.
Abacus Model 2.5 | Quad-Row FX with 256 Cherry Red Slider Beads | Applewood Frame | Water Cooling by Brita Filtration

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:49 am

Yeah there are actually only a few companies that whitebox parts for the auto manufacturers. Most of the time they just put their name on it and jack the price up. Most genuine parts are exactly the same as the store brand ones they sell, made in the same factory....just goes in a different box.

continuum
Gerbil Team Leader

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:41 am

Quite a few, I would hit some of the Toyota/Scion club forums and see who advertises there or who their members normally use. The group deal subforums may have quite a bit of useful info.

Sadly I haven't actually used any myself, now if it was Honda/Acura/Nissan/Infiniti I might be less useless... :-/ :-p