Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

SHOES
Gerbil Team Leader
Topic Author

ARK Survival Evolved

Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:35 pm

By far one of the greatest games I have ever played the rate the dev team is releasing new content is alarming(They must never sleep!)... Think of it as a mash-up of Minecraft, Day-Z, and Jurassic Park!!! I have begun a small clan on the pvp server officialserver53. OfficialServer53 is a pretty good mix of some good clans as well. There are small raiding groups but for the most part everyone is just enjoying the game. There is much less grief and such in this game vs something like Day-Z. We are the Jarhead clan and have a dedicated Ventrilo server. Add me on Steam as SHOES if your looking for a tribe!

satsau
Gerbil In Training

Re: ARK Survival Evolved

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Debating whether to pick this up or not during Winter Sale. Heard it's not fun without a clan/tribe. I can only play occasionally, so do you think it's still worth a pickup?

It's either this or Squad.

liquid_mage
Gerbil Team Leader

Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:56 pm

I played it a lot a while back (~3 months ago). It's fun. It can be frustrating. My friend and I played on 2 servers, first pvp got raided and lost 2-3 weeks of progress. We then switched to a PVE server and we enjoyed exploring, taming the dinosaurs, and building a monster base. After 2ish months of playing I got a bit bored, but I put 40+ hours in over that 2 months so I got my ~$20 worth.

satsau
Gerbil In Training

Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:15 pm

liquid_mage wrote:
I played it a lot a while back (~3 months ago). It's fun. It can be frustrating. My friend and I played on 2 servers, first pvp got raided and lost 2-3 weeks of progress. We then switched to a PVE server and we enjoyed exploring, taming the dinosaurs, and building a monster base. After 2ish months of playing I got a bit bored, but I put 40+ hours in over that 2 months so I got my ~$20 worth.

Thanks for the feedback.

Watched some gameplay of Squad, that's what I'll probably pick up even though it's $40 for early access.
Just seems that it would suit me better as I can just jump in and play, no need to worry about persistent progress/clan/etc.

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:37 pm

If any of you guys are wanting to play, I've got a pretty decent base built up on a server, just PM me and I'll give you the info. I've got a few other friends playing and we would love to have a few more to help bolster the base down. Have 3 outer walls of stone, double 2 story (soon to be 3) with a flyer dino pen on top as well as a ground dino pen around the back. Let me know.

My brother picked up on it for $17.99 for a Steam code on one of the discount sites. Got it on a sale for the wife for the same price a few weeks back. Easily one of the best games I've bought in Early Access, bar none. The wife is extremely picky as is my brother, so to have both of them being hardcore into the game.... yeah it is good. It is all about the server you play on, who is on that server and who you play with. By all means you can play solo and it is fun to do so. I've almost single handedly built our entire large base mostly because other people have focused on taming and gathering other stuff. You will level up very fast from building/crafting which I love too. You are not forced into doing any one thing in order to level.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

BlackDove
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Lol im playing on an Australian server right now. I like the game but hate server wipes.

morrism
Gerbil In Training

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:22 pm

I am really addicted with online games, in fact I even bought games which I feel I am very much comfortable and satisfied with. So far it works great I really have fun.