Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

makinbaconpancakes
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

humble bundle (monthly ed.)

Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:00 am

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/8 ... hipped-it/

thoughts? not for me i don't believe. although i must say, i was tempted w/Legend of Grimrock. but ultimately, i found the charity% structure to be a little odd, especially in contrast to that of the bundle we've grown accustomed to. i'm not feeling too bad now though anymore however, after having seen the release.
Wired network is strongly recommended

JackFunk
Gerbil

Re: humble bundle (monthly ed.)

Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:44 pm

I've done a lot of Humble Bundles in the past and had to pull up on the monthly. Looks like a good deal, but I still have a bunch that I haven't gotten to.

rahulahl
Gerbil Team Leader

Re: humble bundle (monthly ed.)

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:26 pm

I got the first one, and gotta say I was disappointed.
Firstly, only 5% to charity. The only reason I ever buy these bundles is because I know its going 100% to charity. Otherwise I wouldn't bother buying these bundles. I got enough games I want to play to keep me busy for years.

Second, of all the games I actually got, not even one of them was in a genre I like. The only thing I would even bother trying would be Legends of Grimrock and Valkyrie Chronicles. And I didn't like either of them. They even added Scantuary RPG Black Edition, which I think were given out for free a while ago.

On the whole, buying a random selection of games on subscription is silly. Its easier to simply buy one quality game you know for sure you would like than get 5-6 which you might or might not enjoy, or even if you like it, you might already own it.
Intel i7 4790K
MAXIMUS VII RANGER motherboard
EVGA GTX 1080
16GB Ram
550Watt Seasonic PSU
Asus Rog Swift PG278Q
Windows 10