TR Xbox Live Gamertag Exchange! TR Gamers Unite!

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

Postposted on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:28 am

KiQuEBobix wrote:hello my gamertag is KiQuEBobix

i play GOW, and NFS Most Wanted and Carbon. Im getting battlefield 2 MC soon

i added most of you guys who are posted in here before my post. Please accept my friend request. I look forward playing with you. Oh and please mark me as a preferred player. Ill do the same for you. Thanks

Your friend request went away. Send me another one. Just didn't know you were on TR the first time so I waited!
Having twins has dramatically reduced the time I have to nerd out.
Corrado
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:06 am

My gamertag is under heruur, as soon as I get Cox to hook up my cable I'll be on.

I've got you guys all beat at Halo 2 8)
heruur
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:54 pm

Inkedsphynx wrote:Don't know if this is still being updated or not, or even read, but...

I just bought a 360 this weekend. Gamertag is (surprise surprise):

Inkedsphynx

Awesome man! What games are you playing? 100 gamerscore, woot! :)
Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Core i5-3550 | MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | Seasonic M12II 620W PSU | Fractal Define R4 | Dell U2712HM LCD | Win 8 64bit
Steam/Xbox LIVE/PSN: PerfectCr
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:01 am

PerfectCr wrote:
Inkedsphynx wrote:Don't know if this is still being updated or not, or even read, but...

I just bought a 360 this weekend. Gamertag is (surprise surprise):

Inkedsphynx

Awesome man! What games are you playing? 100 gamerscore, woot! :)

Right now I have GOW, Harry Potter (for the girlfriend), and WSOP 2007. I also have the full versions of Uno and Worms (I love worms, always have). I have some other games on the list of things to buy as well.

I might pick up a few more of the full XBLA games after I try some more out. We shall see :)
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:05 am

Inkedsphynx wrote:I might pick up a few more of the full XBLA games after I try some more out. We shall see :)

Be careful, it gets addicting (buying XBLA arcade games!). I own 33 games! :o
Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Core i5-3550 | MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | Seasonic M12II 620W PSU | Fractal Define R4 | Dell U2712HM LCD | Win 8 64bit
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:27 am

Sorry guys I took the red eye back from CA Thurs --> Fri morning and I had to go to sleep early last night. I'll be on tonight, will you guys?
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:42 am

Orginal XBox tag-ProjectPat0

XBox 360 tag-Meat Wad 0

I like zeros.
Yes sir
Nastradamus
Gerbil In Training

Postposted on Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:32 am

Xbox Live Gamertag: Music Junky
TR nickname: Stijn, as you can see :wink:
AMD X2 4200+ / 3GB OCZ DDR2-800 / MSI K9N Platinum / ATI X1600XT / Creative Xmod / WD SE16 320GB
Stijn
Gerbil

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:19 am

Well fine then :P

9pm it is! I'll make sure to practice some tonight, maybe I can bump my max skills another few % in anticipation.

I don't know how big of a performance advantage it'll give you though. If anything, my lack of skills will be the bigger factor. I still don't understand how different lies work, and why even when I'm in the rough, and it says a full-power hit will actually be 60% power, I end up hitting the ball the equivalent of 30% power.

Usually I just try to gauge the wind, then grip it and rip it. I haven't done too bad though :D

EDIT: While I'm at it, let me update what games I have:

GoW
Tiger Woods '08
WSOP
Harry Potter
Ninety-Nine Nights
Virtua Tennis 3
Halo 1/2

Also a bunch of XBLA games, I'll do a better job when I'm home and can look at what all I have.
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:10 am

I figure I should update what games I'm playing:

1) Halo 3 (shocking, I know)
2) Catan
3) Gears of War
4) UNO

I guess that is about all I play that is multiplayer. For some reason I haven't bought Worms yet, but I will rectify that soon enough.

I mostly play Catan and UNO offline because people are slow, but if anyone wants to play let me know.
Xbox Live = narcon / Steam = Pontifex / PSN = Pontifex
David
Gerbil Jedi
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 am

Inkedsphynx wrote: I still don't understand how different lies work, and why even when I'm in the rough, and it says a full-power hit will actually be 60% power, I end up hitting the ball the equivalent of 30% power.

Usually I just try to gauge the wind, then grip it and rip it. I haven't done too bad though :D

Well the if the lie is 60%, the club will only hit 60% of the distance it normally would if you were in fairway (99 or 100% lie). Pretty easy. Just hit more club. :) Use a 7 Iron instead of a 9 for example if you are 120 yards away but in 70% lie. Of course it's an art and you just need to get used to it. 3 Click Swing is back this year too so use that if it's easier than using the analog stick.
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:53 am

By the way, you can easily see everyone's gamercard on xbox.com to see what they are playing. Just use the compare feature on your xbox.com profile site. Select your friend under the "Compare me with this friend" drop down list. ;)
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:56 am

That can't be all that affects it. It has to have something to do with the actual little picture of the ball where it's sometimes up against a bit of a hill in front of it, or sitting in a thicker patch of grass, etc. Because I always hit too hard to compensate for the %age reduction due to being in rough/med rough/etc. Problem is, half the time if I go with a non-power boost swing, going with a 4 when I would have usually used a 7, it ends up going way shorter than it would have if I had used a 7 even from the fairway.

Don't know how else to explain it, other than it just doesn't operate off that alone, and I don't understand what other factors weigh in.

I don't use the 3 click either, I use the analog. I'm fairly proficient with it now.
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:00 am

I haven't experienced that. Yeah if you are on a hill you need to aim properly but I've not had a problem compensating for rough.
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:03 am

How did I miss this!!??

Gamertag: Tetsuo Canada

Current Games: Halo 3, and I have Rainbow 6 vegas, Forza 2, Madden 08, and something else(Fear), Just trying to unlock all of Halos achievements.
rchaneberg
Gerbil

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:08 am

PerfectCr wrote:I haven't experienced that. Yeah if you are on a hill you need to aim properly but I've not had a problem compensating for rough.

Meh, I dunno. I guess I'll just keep doing my best to avoid the rough and bunkers :P
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:24 am

PerfectCr wrote:I haven't experienced that. Yeah if you are on a hill you need to aim properly but I've not had a problem compensating for rough.

I kinda guess at the rough, usually around 90% of what I would normally want if I were in the fairway is sufficient. The biggest problem I have is the left-to-right slopes and how the ball always favors floating off towards the downward direction of the slope (if it goes from high to low left to right, the ball will float to the right).

I've loved the analog since it was introduced with TW04, but I have migrated back to the 3-click becuase i'm better with it.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:27 am

PerfectCR, are ESPN Gamernet Points in Tiger Woods what you earn by beating people's challenges that are posted, or are they from something else? I was trying to figure out how to earn them, but it didn't seem like I got any after beating a few challenges people had posted.
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:30 am

Inkedsphynx wrote:PerfectCR, are ESPN Gamernet Points in Tiger Woods what you earn by beating people's challenges that are posted, or are they from something else? I was trying to figure out how to earn them, but it didn't seem like I got any after beating a few challenges people had posted.

Not sure, but head over to http://xbox360achievements.org. Hit up the forums and then find the game you are looking for. Typically there is an "achievement guide" that tells you exactly how to get each one. ;)
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:34 am

Ahh, cool. Thanks :) I'll check it out over there.

I played a few of the easy long drive challenges, was pretty neat to do. I posted one as well, I'm sure it's been busted by now. It was an 18-hole 59 at.... i don't remember what course. Should have been better but I finished off with 2 bogeys and a par. I think that's a -13 under for the round, which I was very happy with :)
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:39 am

Ok, you get producer points for posting clips up on gamernet.

Every time someone challenges your clip and doesn't beat it, you get 10 points. If someone does beat it, you get 1 point.

Looks like that one will take a while. I'll have to start saving more clips of good shots and rounds I make :D
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:37 am

So I got around to getting the xbox camera the other day and did the photo game face for my golfer in Tiger Woods...

It is actually kinda creepy! Myself and my gf were looking at it while I was playing and getting weirded out because it really looks a LOT like me. I figured it'd be kinda close, but it did an amazing job. And once you toss on the facial hair... just weird.

We had the brilliant ideas of creating extra golfers for my friends to use when they come over, and using photo game face on my cats *laugh* Too bad it probably won't come out looking like a cat :(
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:12 am

yeah, my photo gameface was pretty creepy too.

depending on the color of your cat, it might come out pretty well. :lol:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do, I do not do. But what I hate, I do.
derFunkenstein
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:21 am

I did the game face too but it didn't turn out that good, but I make my character look a little odd with purple spiked hair (a TW tradition for me ;)) and sunglasses so it really doesn't matter.

I just got the acheivements for winning the 4 majors and the Fed Ex Cup. Tip: to make it go fast, just set the PGA tour season to 1 round, assuming you can shot -10 or better in one round so you win all the tourneys. The majors were hard on 1 round settings, but I still managed to win them by a few strokes.

Now I need to go back and try and get Gold in all Tiger Challenges. That's another 150 pts. ;)
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:22 am

derFunkenstein wrote:yeah, my photo gameface was pretty creepy too.

depending on the color of your cat, it might come out pretty well. :lol:

One is orange and cream, the other is cream and darker cream? Rofl...

Yea, I think it would come out looking goofy though because it would convert the cat's features into human features.

Speaking of which, dunno if anyone ever saw these...

Funny

And Funnier
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:23 am

PerfectCr wrote:I did the game face too but it didn't turn out that good, but I make my character look a little odd with purple spiked hair (a TW tradition for me ;)) and sunglasses so it really doesn't matter.

I just got the acheivements for winning the 4 majors and the Fed Ex Cup. Tip: to make it go fast, just set the PGA tour season to 1 round, assuming you can shot -10 or better in one round so you win all the tourneys. The majors were hard on 1 round settings, but I still managed to win them by a few strokes.

Now I need to go back and try and get Gold in all Tiger Challenges. That's another 150 pts. ;)

Doh, I didn't know you could set them to 1 round, I've been playing 4 rounds on all the tourneys. I've beat the spring major. Then I started working on silver/gold tiger challenges.

We should play again some night this week. I've got my golfer maxed out now, and I think I've gotten a bit better as well :)
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:26 am

Definitely, we should get some games going, not tonight though. Prison Break and Heroes are on!! Perhaps DerFunk can join up, not sure if he has XBL Gold though.

I've been playing Portal and just got started on Half Life 2. I want to the play them all through again up to Ep 2., plus there are some great achievements in HL2. They make a great game even more fun!

Inkedsphynx wrote:Doh, I didn't know you could set them to 1 round, I've been playing 4 rounds on all the tourneys.
Yeah at the beginning when you first start the new Season, there is small pop up box asking you the settings for the season and "Number of rounds" is the first option. ;)
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:35 am

Well, guess I'll have to play through this season at 4 rounds. Oh well *shrug*

I want to pick up the orange box. Never played any HL game, and they look kinda neat. Maybe I'll do that this weekend as a b-day gift to myself.

But yea, I DVR Heroes anyway :) Just pop a message in here, any day is good for me so long as it's not to early or late. Best times for me during the week are 6-8 EST.

A 3-way game would be cool too, if DerFunk can get in on it :)
Inkedsphynx
Gerbil Jedi

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:36 am

Guys as a reminder please check the OP because I updated it with links to good 360 related sites included sites that help with achievements (if you are into that sort of thing).
Last edited by PerfectCr on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:39 am

Inkedsphynx wrote:I want to pick up the orange box. Never played any HL game, and they look kinda neat. Maybe I'll do that this weekend as a b-day gift to myself.

Half Life 2 is a classic. I can say without question it is in my Top 3 of all time. I played it through about 5 times on the PC. I played through Episode 1 on the PC also about 3 times. I am going to wait on Ep2 until I played through again. The 360 version of Half Life 2 also has an advantage over the PC version since they added HDR lighting to it.

Portal is great as well, a little short, but VERY satisfying. Don't read any spoilers because it should be enjoyed without knowing anything. I haven't touched Team Fortress 2 yet and I can't imagine a lot of people are online playing since Halo 3 is out.
My gaming tattoos
PerfectCr
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming