Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:57 pm

Once you have a lvl60 rogue and visit MC come talk to me! The end game rogue is a background non-essential except for PvP and raids into non-instanced territory.

You're right, but the role of a class in certain situations is hard to modify or fix. The only thing I can think of to fix this situation is to make situations where Rogues are required, or at least more desirable (locked doors, chests, etc.).

Yeah, like Warlocks. We actually got a nerf! Looks like I'm bringing up my mage, priest, or druid in level until they settle the Warlock issues out.

Yeah, I was surprised and disappointed at the attention, or lack thereof, that Warlocks got this patch. Honestly, if any class needed fixing, it was the Warlock. The Warlock community has been exceedingly helpful in identifying the specific problems with the patch, and Blizzards has appearantly blown them off. I for one have shelved my Warlock until Blizzard finally fixes the most bugged of all of the classes.
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:32 pm

Ack, I'm sadly so addicted.
VelvetElvis, for your census:
Lyannastark - Human Priest - Windrunner
Greatjon - Tauren Druid - Windrunner

eckslax
Gerbil Elder

Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:11 am

On a happier note than my last post:

Link

It appears that Blizzard will be releasing the next major patch much quicker than it took to release this upcoming one. Fixes that were missed this patch will probably be addressed within a reasonable time frame.
"God created man. Samuel Colt made them equal."

"Government does not tax to get the money it needs; government finds a need for the money it gets." - Ronald Reagan

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:07 am

I have looked for gripes, but so far I only found a couple nitpicks:
Ghosts should be able to run through fences...I'm a ghost a lot.
Swimming is hard.

Does anyone know how to separate item stacks? Say I only want to sell half of an item stack.

Jon
Gerbil Elite

Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:10 am

hawkwing74 you hold down shift and click on the item, then you can specify the quantity you want to split it into and then drag the now-split-item back into your inventory
-Playing shooters on a console is like doing brain surgery with an ice-cream scoop-

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:11 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Does anyone know how to separate item stacks? Say I only want to sell half of an item stack.

Don't worry I did not learn this until about a 2 months ago and I have been playing since open beta, such a newb I am.

Oh and BTW, Swimming does suck! And any combat in it too. I try to avoid those quest that involve swimming and combat. There is one in STV where there are elite murlocs are. It just sucked! Finally a beggad and plead with some of my guild members to com help (after dying 5 times 3 from drowning the water is really deep) so they finally did, zerg'd the place and I completed the quest. In fact I still owe a couple of them some adult beverage. :wink:
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

random gerbil
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:45 am

tanker27 wrote:
Hawkwing74 wrote:

Don't worry I did not learn this until about a 2 months ago and I have been playing since open beta, such a newb I am.

Oh and BTW, Swimming does suck! And any combat in it too. I try to avoid those quest that involve swimming and combat. There is one in STV where there are elite murlocs are. It just sucked! Finally a beggad and plead with some of my guild members to com help (after dying 5 times 3 from drowning the water is really deep) so they finally did, zerg'd the place and I completed the quest. In fact I still owe a couple of them some adult beverage. :wink:

Potions of underwater breathing man!!! Why do things the hard way.
Does anyone remember laughter?

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:17 am

Pots for underwater breathing run very high on my server 1g for 1! I am not willing to pay that much. Healing pots are also expensive! I usually only get them from drops.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:36 am

tanker27 wrote:
Pots for underwater breathing run very high on my server 1g for 1! I am not willing to pay that much. Healing pots are also expensive! I usually only get them from drops.

I had a Guild member make me two. I gathered the regents and he made them. No muss, no fuss.

Rogues balance? Maybe, but the rogue who tries to be a tank pisses me off. They just are not made to be a true tank.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

StrangeDay
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:00 am

tanker27 wrote:
Hawkwing74 wrote:

I only learned the Shift-Click a couple of days ago. (sigh)

Swimming is one of the reasons I loved being an Undead Warlock. I get a spell called Unending Breath, that lets me swim almost unlimited by time. There is a timer, but I have been recasting it, and the timer resets.

StrangeDay

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:02 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Ack, I'm sadly so addicted.
VelvetElvis, for your census:
Lyannastark - Human Priest - Windrunner
Greatjon - Tauren Druid - Windrunner

Cool! You rolled a Horde guy. Now I can quest with you a bit, if you like.

Careful before you wind up with 10 guys like me. :cry:

Dually
Gerbil First Class

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:16 am

Santris- Night Elf Hunter- Level 19- Dalaran
What's his name- Dwarf Paladin- Level 15- Dalaran (haven't played him in a while)

Thinking of starting up a Horde Warlock or something....

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:18 am

z-man wrote:
Rogues balance? Maybe, but the rogue who tries to be a tank pisses me off. They just are not made to be a true tank.

Yeah but the door swings both ways. I have a skill the refocuses the aggro (reducing mine) if I do too much damage. But when I consistantly out damage the Pally or Warrior tank then there is an issue. I crit for well over 500 and my 5pt Evis goes 1200-2000 and crits for well over 2000. I consistantly lay 200+ DPS as an avg. And with poisons it's even more. Its hard trying not to become the primary tank. But I am a leather user and I don't last long. I also am a Sword rogue using an ASS/ Subtlety template. with 5 points only in combat.

I also make sure the "tank" strikes first before my opener.

So z-man try not to berate that rogue for doing his/her job. Yell at the tank!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

redeye
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:30 am

tanker27 wrote:
z-man wrote:

Yeah but the door swings both ways. I have a skill the refocuses the aggro (reducing mine) if I do too much damage. But when I consistantly out damage the Pally or Warrior tank then there is an issue. I crit for well over 500 and my 5pt Evis goes 1200-2000 and crits for well over 2000. I consistantly lay 200+ DPS as an avg. And with poisons it's even more. Its hard trying not to become the primary tank. But I am a leather user and I don't last long. I also am a Sword rogue using an ASS/ Subtlety template. with 5 points only in combat.

There's a couple of thing the Paladin should be doing in group to stay as the tank. First he should cast blessing of salvation on other char's to reduce their threat. Then in battle he should cast seal of fury to increase hit threat rating. Divine intervention can also be used to save the party, but it sacrifices the paladin so make sure the priest is safe.
"I am too old to die young, and too young to grow up," - Marty Feldman

dolemitecomputers

Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:14 pm

In case you missed it they posted a good explanation of the pvp honor system and ranks. There are dishonorable kills but most players wont attack characters or players that dont give points anyway. You dont get free items but you get the chance to buy epic items and those turn into armor sets. You can also buy a special mount too and get access to certain areas like the officer barracks.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/pvp/pvp- ... part2.html

MarshaLaw
Gerbil

Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:38 am

Velvet Elvis,

For the Census:
Imtanah - Tauren Hunter - Windrunner

<--Addicted as well :roll:

StrangeDay

Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:57 am

MarshaLaw wrote:
Velvet Elvis,

For the Census:
Imtanah - Tauren Hunter - Windrunner

<--Addicted as well :roll:

I have a Tauren Shammy. We should party up with Hawkwing's Druid for Bulls On Parade!

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:24 pm

So does anyone on the Windrunner server want to get together to do another instance this weekend? Shadowfang Keep was fun to do with you guys, but it was dirt easy. I've listed a few harder instances below.

Just so you remember I have a lvl 33 (should be 34 by Saturday) Orc Shaman "Spiritaxe."

Razorfen Kraul - Southern Barrens - lvl 30-35
Gnomeregan - Dun Morogh - lvl 30-35

Player Hater
Gerbil Elite

Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:33 pm

DJK wrote:
So does anyone on the Windrunner server want to get together to do another instance this weekend? Shadowfang Keep was fun to do with you guys, but it was dirt easy. I've listed a few harder instances below.

Just so you remember I have a lvl 33 (should be 34 by Saturday) Orc Shaman "Spiritaxe."

I am totally down for some Razorfen Kraul this weekend. I just got my DSL up and running so there should be no evil disconnects to keep me from participating either.

I will be a lvl 35 warrior by then.
I'm Draal, on WoW, Windrunner Server.

StrangeDay

Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:23 pm

DJK wrote:

I have to power level my guy, if I'm going to make it. I only just made 29, so lemme see.

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:37 pm

Velvet Elvis wrote:
I have to power level my guy, if I'm going to make it. I only just made 29, so lemme see.

If you're level 30 and we have 4 or 5 in the group you should be alright. Just hope we have someone besides a shaman who can do healing in this group.

RoninGyrbill
Gerbil Elite

Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:19 pm

I just went quite a ways into RFK earlier, solo and all should be ok if the group has 4-5. I was working on pulling pigs and crowd management skills (traps, stings, pet aggro etc). Don't want my pet to attract any unwanted attention in a group though.

Eventually I got overzealous=rushed by several boars and 3 quillboars and it was time for "feign death." Its amazing how much more flexible your character gets as time goes on.

Let me know if you guys want me for the group; I'm game!

zgirl
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:41 pm

tanker27 wrote:
z-man wrote:
Its hard trying not to become the primary tank. But I am a leather user and I don't last long.

I understand that, it will happen. But then they think that not only should they be the tank, but the primary puller. It's all to common with them.

tanker27 wrote:

Glad to hear that, it makes me feel better.

tanker27 wrote:

They guys I group with are good at it. I usually have a Warrior and Pally with me and they hold it pretty well. If not my pet might be doing that with them. Allowing me and the clothes to rain damage down.

'cept in instances when I have to watch the pet carefully so it doesn't chase after a fleeing mob. Or I hold it back to pull agro off the clothes when needed.

So I've only met one rogue so far that I would group with again. Most just don't realize their role and how to play it.
"I used to think the brain was the most amazing organ in the entire body. Then I realized who was telling me this."

If ignorance were painful, half the posters here would be on morphine drips.

MarshaLaw
Gerbil

Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:46 pm

Count me in for RFK also, I am currently level 29, but should be able to get to thirty by tomorrow.

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:22 pm

MarshaLaw wrote:
Count me in for RFK also, I am currently level 29, but should be able to get to thirty by tomorrow.

Good to hear it! I'm going to have to grind a lot to make it to 34 by Saturday. If you're in the area I've got a quest or 2 we can do together for faster exp.

StrangeDay

Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:24 pm

DJK wrote:
MarshaLaw wrote:

Good to hear it! I'm going to have to grind a lot to make it to 34 by Saturday. If you're in the area I've got a quest or 2 we can do together for faster exp.

I'm going to grind tonight. Does everyone have the quests for this? Is this the same one as the Blue Leaf Tubers?

DJK
Gerbil First Class

Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:36 pm

Velvet Elvis wrote:
I'm going to grind tonight. Does everyone have the quests for this? Is this the same one as the Blue Leaf Tubers?

According to http://www.thottbot.com there are 3 quests for this (4 if you're a warrior):

Blueleaf Tubers (obtained in Ratchet)
Going, Going, Guano! (obtained in Undercity Apothecary)
A Vengefull Fate (obtained in Thunder Bluff)
Brutal Armor (Warrior only - Crossroads)

Be sure to get at least "Vengefull Fate" - It gives blue items for a reward!

RoninGyrbill
Gerbil Elite

Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:41 pm

Ach, update for me. I will be away from my pc until late sunday so don't count me in for the group this weekend. Enjoy fellas! Take out some quillboars and perhaps some alliance while your at it :P

-inner monologue- of course, the friends I'm visiting have WoW installed on one of their computers...hmmmm.

StrangeDay

Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:41 pm

DJK wrote:
According to http://www.thottbot.com there are 3 quests for this (4 if you're a warrior):

Blueleaf Tubers (obtained in Ratchet)
Going, Going, Guano! (obtained in Undercity Apothecary)
A Vengefull Fate (obtained in Thunder Bluff)
Brutal Armor (Warrior only - Crossroads)

Be sure to get at least "Vengefull Fate" - It gives blue items for a reward!

Thanks! I'll leave a note here if I can make it to 30.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:42 pm

Anyone try WoW from your laptop yet? I might try getting that working this weekend. Then I can play on lunch breaks at work or when doing system upgrades.