His Holy Gerbilness

Re: World Of Warcraft

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:08 pm

Holy queue Batman!

CampinCarl
Graphmaster Gerbil

Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:28 pm

I had to wait 30 minutes to get into Ysera...definitely not logging off until I'm done for the night. I hope this doesn't last long...

Edit: Of course, then I hearth to my Garrison, aaaand it lags out and I can't get back in. Well, this has actually been smoother than a lot of other expansion releases...
Gigabyte AB350M Gaming-3 | R7 1700X | 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200 (@DDR4-2933)| Samsung 960 Evo 1TB SSD | Gigabyte GTX1080 | Win 10 Pro x86-64

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:18 pm

Lots of people are getting stuck either - can't log into garrison or can't get on the boat to get to the Frostfire Ridge. This happened at 3PM and again at 9PM CST since I've played today.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Retrieving Character List ... ... ... ... ...

Edit: Character Not Found. Garrisons still unplayable. I guess they are "surprised" that garrisons are popular?!

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Yeah blizz said they expected a lot of people to come back and planned accordingly....turns out they were not even close to how many would come back. Our low pop server had mostly 300-2k ques, and my one friend who just transfered to a high pop server for progression had over 6k ques. hopefully with the maint this morning they added lots of new server capacity so the world and instance servers aren't crashing due to overload.

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:22 pm

Right now they seem to have implemented the hardware changes and are slowly increasing the server caps while monitoring stability. Hyjal is sitting at 1000+...

So I'm going to play some more SC2 campaign. Hopefully I'll find a way to hit 100 for the Anniversary Event.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:52 am

First time since game has been out, I forget expac had landed lol...

I was fiddling getting it setup on new iMac, noticed a L100 run by in SW :facepalm:

hit 92 after a couple hours, iLvl went from 480ish to 515. Not sure how much I will get back into the grind, I am all for working to get gear for raiding, but to have to grind for badges (yes I know they no longer exist), then grinding rep, and of course having tons of gold for enchants, gems, repairs, flasks.. meh.

I'll get my primary toon to 100 quick with levelling add-on, then maybe level another one of my 90's (I have 9) slower and enjoy the story.

I may just be a grumpy old man after 10 years of the game :P
Gamer - i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX1060, 950 PRO, 840EVO

Skullzer
Gerbil First Class

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:12 pm

tanker27 wrote:
Can someone who extensively beta tested this game give their honest opnion? I want to try a new mmorpg but if this does not hold up then I guess it's back to SWG.

Thought it was funny reading the first page of posts in this thread!

I just re-upped on my subscription after being away for over a year, so I missed the whole panda expansion. That being said I made it to level 90 and now I'm starting the iron horde stuff but my professions, battle pet level, etc are way below where they should be. Should I continue leveling to 100 or go back and play through the panda stuff? I feel so lost :(
Office PC:
AMD Phenom II x4 955 | ASUS M4A87TD Evo | 8GB ddr3 | EVGA GTX 970 4GB | Antec BP 550 | Antec 300 | Win 7 64
HTPC:
Intel i5-4570 | ASRock H87M | 8GB ddr3 | EVGA GTX 960 2GB | Corsair CX430M | Fractal Design Node 605 | Win 7 64

Bomber
Gerbil XP

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:30 pm

I'd keep pushing to 100 then when done grind that other stuff out to catch up. No point in grinding old content when there is nothing to gain from it.

edit: Let me add, that grinding those skills are useful but you won't be really getting any leveling done by splitting the time. Hit 100, then go back and work the professions.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:42 am

Skullzer wrote:
Should I continue leveling to 100 or go back and play through the panda stuff? I feel so lost :(

Continue leveling to 100, there are catch-up mechanisms in place for all professions. Find item X combine with Item Y get +5 skill points for profession Z.

After 4 days off (I had tons of time off to burn at work) and leveling two toons to 100 (My raiding main & and Alt) I have to say that WoD is the best expac yet. Garrisons are awesome. The 'grind' is almost nil. And the dungeons are refreshing. (I am sure they will get boring soon enough).

Things I like, If you play through the story areas to completion all rep will be just about Revered. The leveling experience, while linear at times, was straight forward and compact. No more sending you across multiple zones to complete a quest. Finish quest hub move to the next. The addition of rares and treasures were awesome. If you can't use the treasures sell it for good gold or DE it for mats. Garrisons, cant say enough about them. Right now my two are running like a churning machine. Keeping each addition feed with mats for their 'projects' and them spitting out more than enough garrison supplies. Right now I have two level 3 garrisons with all level 2 buildings, working on getting my main to all level 3 buildings. FYI, once you learn a level 3 plan on one toon it unlocks for the whole account. Followers, They are awesome. Some truly good ones are Leroy Jenkins, Millhouse, and Lantressor.

My main is raid ready, I level 643. All heroic gear with a few lucky rolls to epic heroics. And for the first time ever I am playing a caster class, a Warlock. Right now I may not be the best still trying to get a hang of the rotation.

With all the troubles for the first 2 days of launch things have settled down on my server. Yes, I know that high pops still have queues.

The only thing that bothers me is the nagging feeling that this xpac could possibly last 2 years. I hope thats not the case. And that Blizz does try hard to add new content to WoD and get the next xpac out sooner.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:22 pm

I'm having a lot of fun with the garrison.

I love the frostwolf tavern, follower missions, and the fact that all characters can have their own mine and herbs.
First aid was weird, in that you needed fish for everything. I did like you could craft healing potions right from first aid.

I do not like the Lumber Mill, since you start out with small trees only and I don't seem to find them too often.
I don't care for the building where you have to trap animals. Haven't been doing that much.

One question, what is the point of level 100 followers gaining experience? They need a lot to advance. What happens when they ding?

superjawes

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm pretty sure that level 100 followers are leveling up for upgrades (green > blue > purple). When you get followers, they are of random quality, and this would equalize that.

I hit 100 last night, and my first order of business is farming the gear to get the MC ilvl.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
One question, what is the point of level 100 followers gaining experience? They need a lot to advance. What happens when they ding?

superjawes wrote:
I'm pretty sure that level 100 followers are leveling up for upgrades (green > blue > purple). When you get followers, they are of random quality, and this would equalize that.

Sj has it right they level until they get to be purple/Epic quality. Also they have their own iLVL for armor and weapons and you can level that with the enhancements you get from the war mill and scavenging buildings. A note on scavenging, if you have an Inn/Tavern the first few followers you hire (which is on a weekly basis) NEED to have the scavenging trait. This will boost your Garrison resources while they are out on missions by 200%. After you have killed all the rares and grabbed all the treasures that give you Garrison resources it starts to slow down, the followers offset that.

The Lumber mill is also a steady stream of garrison resources so keeping its queue stocked is essential. You will find more than enough wood/trees in Nagrand, Teledor and Spires.

Also if you have the barracks assign a follower to it and they will quest with you. (you have to go to them and tell to come with you, it's not automatic)

PRO TIP: every once in awhile go outside of your front gates of your Garrison, sometimes there is a new follower that spawns that's requesting entrance.
Last edited by tanker27 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Whoo hoo! Seems that Blizzard is sending a physical 10th Anniversary gift. I got an email late last night with a UPS tracking number, with delivery being tomorrow. I dont know what it is but dang if that isnt cool.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 pm

Grats man, it is a mini statuette replica of the statue outside blizzard. Ive seen some pics of it on MMO champion and it looks really cool....wish I could get one but started too late. You had to start an account with them within 60 days of launch and keep it active for the the full 10 years to get one.

SoM
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:27 pm

it's this one

Win 10
InWin 303
Asus z170a
i7-6700k - H60
G.Skill 2x16GB 2400
M.2 950 Pro 256GB
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
EVGA Supernova G2 750w
Acer XG270HU
HD 280pro

SoM
Gerbil Elite

Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Win 10
InWin 303
Asus z170a
i7-6700k - H60
G.Skill 2x16GB 2400
M.2 950 Pro 256GB
EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
EVGA Supernova G2 750w
Acer XG270HU
HD 280pro

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 am

Starfalcon wrote:
Grats man, it is a mini statuette replica of the statue outside blizzard. Ive seen some pics of it on MMO champion and it looks really cool....wish I could get one but started too late. You had to start an account with them within 60 days of launch and keep it active for the the full 10 years to get one.

I might have started a little late too...and I know I cancelled a dozen times. No statue for me!

tehno
Gerbil In Training

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Just started playing wow again on retail. It's been a while, didn't logged on battle since before MoP was released. Been playing some wow private servers, short on money and had no choice.
Leveling seems to be easier, I hope WoD won't be a dissapointment. For the horde :P

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:52 am

Guild is making good progress in BRF, 5/10 now.... but it is so damn frustrating getting enough regular people to go each day we raid. Attendance ranges from 15 all the way down to looking for enough people to hit 10.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Wife and I have cancelled once again to protest the no flying at max level.

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:21 am

or the lack of engaging non-raid content. I've got a few things I want to wrap up then I'm unsubbing for a bit.

at least in MOP I didn't have 1-2 hour queues for dungeons!
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:24 pm

We are pretty casual players. I just find archaeology and other things like that very frustrating with no flying. I was surpised to see how many people on the forums were defending no flying.

superjawes

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:42 pm

What ticks me off about the flying is that IT'S ALREADY IN THE GAME. We've been flying around feeling awesome for a very long time, so having it taken away, especially at max level, feels really bad...at least IMO.

But that isn't why I cancelled. I wasn't happy in the dungeon groups I got into, so all I was doing was garrison and leveling. I'm keeping an eye on the changes, and I won't rule out a return, but I am perfectly happy playing other games right now.

slowriot
Gerbil XP

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:44 pm

I love no flying in WoD. Easily one of my favorite aspects of the expansion. It brought back PvP servers in a meaningful way. People couldn't just fly over other players. You had to share an area or defend the area if the opposite faction was being aggressive. That's a lot of fun.

WoD... to me it was great from 90 to 100. In fact, I leveled 5 of my characters to max. The problems set in with the complete lack of fun end game content. Plus things like Garrisons stopped being interesting very, very, very early on (Garrisons are at the top of my list of worst WoW features). PvP in the terms of fun and balance is also the worst its been in a long time, which also kills end game.

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:29 pm

slowriot wrote:
I love no flying in WoD. Easily one of my favorite aspects of the expansion. It brought back PvP servers in a meaningful way. People couldn't just fly over other players. You had to share an area or defend the area if the opposite faction was being aggressive. That's a lot of fun.

I hail from Tichondrius. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. World PvP is dead there.

WoD... to me it was great from 90 to 100. In fact, I leveled 5 of my characters to max. The problems set in with the complete lack of fun end game content. Plus things like Garrisons stopped being interesting very, very, very early on (Garrisons are at the top of my list of worst WoW features). PvP in the terms of fun and balance is also the worst its been in a long time, which also kills end game.

This is why there is no world PvP. Why do I need to leave my garrison? I leveled to 100 through dungeons. None of my gathering professions require me to leave. I have not done any of the quest chains in any of the zones with exception to the legendary and the instanced Tanaan Jungle, nor have I needed too. When I need to raid I can use my Spirit Lodge to portal right there. If I want PvP I'll queue for BG or Arena. There's no reason to leave your Garrison. There is no reason to visit the world and in the rare instance you do (for say farming savage blood) you find a vast wasteland. Tichondrius is a high pop server.

As you say yourself, PvP is a disaster right now from a balance perspective. Unless you're a DK or a Druid it's not even fun.

Flying isn't even the sole cause of why the world is so dead and therefore its removal can't fix it. The causes are all the things I can do without having to enter the broader world.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:11 am

I certainly see both sides to the argument/s.

For me I still am having fun. I have fallen in with a good guild that's progression minded but not the hardcore kind. We do what needs to be done and get it done. I've even changed classes as of 6.1. And am playing catch up. I was a Warlock at the start of WoD. Through the course of nerfs and my inability to play the class I have just sucked at it. So now I return to my very first character I ever made......my Rogue. It's like riding a bicycle. But now my raid team needs a warlock.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Yeah I still play my first character, the rogue I have in my sig. I has been a lot of ups and downs over the years, with nerfs and buffs...but I still enjoy my toon.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:50 pm

Have not played since sept 2014. How is the new expansion? My old raid guildies want me to come back. But how hard is it to re-level. Not interested in an extended grind. On the other hand I've spent more time than most simply touristing the old content with my rogue.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:31 pm

I got to max level in 2 days as I was tired and slept after making it to 95. Leveling is not hard at all, even taking your time....its a week tops to go from 90 to 100.