Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: World Of Warcraft

Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 pm

DeadOfKnight wrote:
I hate WoW and I'm glad I quit, but why wouldn't I talk about it when it stole about a full year of my life "/played"? It's stealing more every time I talk about it. It's a curse, I tell you!

I shudder to think how long my total /played is. While trying to quit previously, I deleted several max level toons. I estimate mine is still under 365 days at least. That is a lot, LOL. I probably have 200-250. (also a lot)

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:09 pm

I have 46 days of play time between my 4 tunes. My original Rogue is ilevel 381, my Frost DK is halfway through 84, my hunter just hit 35. Just finished the Molten Front and got the fire hippogriff last night. Its a royal pain to grind all over again to get head, shoulder, etc, buffs for the DK and hunter. At least the DK's head buff was bind to account instead of Bind on Pickup. Not sure I care to do that all over again, ever again, after doing it once with my rogue.

That said, there is a point to questing to level if one has never played that character before. It does let you try out all the attack/defense combinations to find what works best. I actually enjoy the sethra quest in Hyjal because the game gives you four members including a heals and I can try out different strategies without hearing any whining from other players. Of course, once you reach HoT's everybody else will criticize any tune that is not geared and speced for maximum DPS stats, (for my tunes). Heaven help you if your talent tree does not squeeze out the theoretical maximum.

What Blizzard needs to do is make it more clear in the game exactly how the various talent tree choices combine and synergize. Personally running a subtlety rogue, I want to be able to move with a faster base rate and go in and out of stealth more quickly. Out in the world, I use a talent tree that makes it a whole lot more fun to run around. But in the HoT's, he is slow and sure he does his damage but at the expense of everything that makes him fun to run in the outdoors. I have not even looked at the Pandora previews but personally, just adding a few levels and a couple more talent points on the current trees would make me happy.

Also, it was a real grind to get that walrus fishing pole for two tunes. Not gonna do it again. Not even sure that the extra buff matters when fishing for rare mats like air, fire, and water.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:14 pm

The talent trees have been solved for years. Just find your way to ElitistJerks or Noxxic.com and you'll get the best correct trees.

However, trees are going away in about 11 days. Instead, you'll be choosing a set of abilities that can be more readily changed like glyphs.

Side note, it's "Pandaria," not "Pandora." The latter is for Borderlands :wink:
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

DeadOfKnight
Gerbil Elite

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Starfalcon wrote:
One of the best things I have read elsewhere is how poisonous nostalgia really is. You look back at things, and it seem much better than it really was. I played back in vanilla, and a lot of those things you talk about were huge pains in the butt. Was it any more fun to not get a mount until lvl 40 and spend all that time running around? Was it fun to have to go through huge attunement quest chains and spend months of game time doing that just so you could get into raids? Not really....the only reason we didn't quit back then was that wow was the new thing and the choice of going back to ultima online or everquest was an even more painful one.

This is the reason why blizz will never make a vanilla, BC, wrath, or cata only server. If people saw the reality of what they actually played versus what their nostalgia gives them, people would be very upset and stop playing. The game has come a long way with many improvements over the years and going backwards is not really a solution. People that played during vanilla tend to forget how it really was and others who didn't actually play and claim they did..make it harder to move forward. I saw on the wow forums about how people were saying how great attunements were and they really should bring them back...obviously they didnt play in vanilla and BC because they were some of the worst content blocks they ever did. Want to change mains in vanilla, beside it taking about 4x as long to level then as it does now..not to mention many less quests to do..or nothing for your level ...so you just have to spend many levels grinding mobs to level. Not to mention that you have to go through an attunement quest all over again on your new toon. It was just terrible, not to mention how badly gear was designed back then ...one thing people forget since they changed the stats on all the old gear with cata so that they made much more sense.

I simply remember both the good times and bad back in vanilla, but I never really want to go back there to play again. MOP will be another huge step forward and I wont let the poison of nostalgia make it seem the old day were so much better. The reality was at least for me, having to stop after a couple mob pulls to eat or bandage, or spending 6 months farming SM to get enough gold to but a epic mount, or wiping in raids because poeple had no idea how to play. One of the things that still sticks in my head from those days was when we had our raid group in ZG ready to engage bloodlord madokir. All our healers were lined up near the wall, and as we engage one of our healers screams out on vent "WTF are all the other healer priests going into shadow form for?" Ah those were the days, and BTW we did wipe...badly.

With wow, we need to move forward with each exp and learn from the past and what other expansions did both right and wrong. We do not need to keep releasing vanilla over and over every exp...like some people would think would be the greatest thing ever....otherwise wow would be long dead and gone. Change is good, and moving and looking forward is the best.

I don't agree with any of this. I never found the grinding, the attunements, or the gear particularly frustrating at all. I don't suggest they should make old version servers of the game for people to play on indefinitely, even people who suggest this are going to tire of the limited content eventually. However, I feel like they should make old builds accessible as an alternative means to experience the game for a short while. Level to 60 and kill KT, move on to BC...experience the game as it was for those who began playing in 2004. Or maybe not 2004, but a select patch that gives a good feel for how the game was for most people before the next expansion...which may or may not be the final patch before the expansion patch (ie. Patch 1.12 vs Patch 2.0). If they did this, I'd be back in a heartbeat.

So basically, I actually hope they never do this, lol.
Intel Core i7-5775c, Asus Maximus VII Formula, Win 10 Pro
RTX 2080 Ti FE, Corsair 2x8GB DDR3-1866, Corsair AX860
Corsair H105, WD Red 4TB x2, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Alienware AW3418DW, Corsair 450D

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Well I have no idea how longyou played for, but I found the grinding excessively tedious. I remember grinding out my last level in western plaguelands at the farms both for exp and to get scourgestones to turn in for rep with the argent dawn. I remember the long and terrible rep grind that was brood of nozdomo and hydraxiam waterlords. I remember the pure pain of the ony attunement, along with the naxx one.

Killing KT at 60 was an unlikely proposition, as a fraction of a percent acttually did it at 60. just getting to him was hard enough..as you had to clear all the other wings and there were no continuing the raid lockout like there is now. Plus it was a 40 man, and you needed specific classes to clear past certain bosses, so in all you prob needed at least 60 people total to sub people in for their specific bosses. The worst part by far in vanilla was all the resist gear you had to farm for molten core an other raids. You may have had purples but you had to wear green resist stuff or you would die because healers couldn't keep you alive.

The list goes on and on, no one would willingly play vanilla anymore...if they made a server for it, people would get upset and stop playing on it because it is nowhere near to how the game is now. That is why blizz will never make a classic server, it would loose its luster after people saw how really hard and grindy it was.

credible
Gerbil XP

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:57 pm

dashbarron wrote:
superjawes wrote:
It still infuriates me that people think WoW loses people because things are easier/simpler. The mass exodus of Cataclysm was from lack of easy content, and anyone saying the game is too easy has not cleared the heroic content.

And I will fight to death over rather or not this is true...which it is.

I think only small % of veterans like doing advanced algebra to figure out the perfect niche' to gain the highest dps, but the rest of the oldies just hate how everything which was a rite of passage is just handed to new people.Things like...training, feeding pets. Is it hard? No. But it was logical, had authenticity, and made it much more personal, all of which equated a general level of accomplishment and fun. With all of that stripped out years ago, the system was dumb-downed, and it's a matter of mashing buttons; the game was always about mashing buttons but it was less mechanical and much, much more personal and fun.

You hit the nail on the head in one respect, for me anyways, that sense of accomplishment, sure its only a video "game" but heck, if your investing time you may as well do well.

People don't care as much now a days, they believe they are entitled to something just for breathing the air.

So now all the accomplishments are almost handed to even the most noob like folks.

In one way I would rather deal with this then people doing well who were full of themselves...................................yet that was a big part of the accomplishment fell to this game.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 am

I was excited when the new patch allowed me to set 2 BGs to blacklist when looking for a random battleground. Then I got Alliance Valley anyway. :evil:

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:48 am

Starfalcon wrote:
Well I have no idea how longyou played for, but I found the grinding excessively tedious. I remember grinding out my last level in western plaguelands at the farms both for exp and to get scourgestones to turn in for rep with the argent dawn. I remember the long and terrible rep grind that was brood of nozdomo and hydraxiam waterlords. I remember the pure pain of the ony attunement, along with the naxx one.

Killing KT at 60 was an unlikely proposition, as a fraction of a percent acttually did it at 60. just getting to him was hard enough..as you had to clear all the other wings and there were no continuing the raid lockout like there is now. Plus it was a 40 man, and you needed specific classes to clear past certain bosses, so in all you prob needed at least 60 people total to sub people in for their specific bosses. The worst part by far in vanilla was all the resist gear you had to farm for molten core an other raids. You may have had purples but you had to wear green resist stuff or you would die because healers couldn't keep you alive.

The list goes on and on, no one would willingly play vanilla anymore...if they made a server for it, people would get upset and stop playing on it because it is nowhere near to how the game is now. That is why blizz will never make a classic server, it would loose its luster after people saw how really hard and grindy it was.

I would in a heartbeat play a vanilla server. Almost everything that you cited I thoroughly enjoyed, maybe its dumb youth. I was also one of the 2% that cleared the original Naxx with a 40 man team.

I also remember helping our priests farm for their Benidiction staff. We had 5 priests with em after a week of farming.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 am

If they made a vanilla server, how long would you really play on it? Some people would try it out, realize it sucks and log off never to play again. The others would do all the raids, get their gear, and be bored there is nothing else to do...and then ask for a BC server. I find it really hard to believe anyone enjoys grinding mobs mindlessly, for levels and levels...like I said, nostalgia is poisonous...you forget all the bad things and only remember the good things. Are you really interested in going back to the terrible itemized gear, the badly laid out talent trees, having to manually form groups again, and no VP/JP vendors for gear? Having to do tedious attunement quests for all your guildies or your alts? Or best of all if you weren't on a heavly populated server or a faction imbalanced one, good luck at getting in a raiding guild or even doing anything beyond grinding.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 am

Starfalcon wrote:
If they made a vanilla server, how long would you really play on it? Some people would try it out, realize it sucks and log off never to play again. The others would do all the raids, get their gear, and be bored there is nothing else to do...and then ask for a BC server. I find it really hard to believe anyone enjoys grinding mobs mindlessly, for levels and levels...like I said, nostalgia is poisonous...you forget all the bad things and only remember the good things. Are you really interested in going back to the terrible itemized gear, the badly laid out talent trees, having to manually form groups again, and no VP/JP vendors for gear? Having to do tedious attunement quests for all your guildies or your alts? Or best of all if you weren't on a heavly populated server or a faction imbalanced one, good luck at getting in a raiding guild or even doing anything beyond grinding.

All I remember is waiting for hours trying to find a group for a minor dungeon only to get crap gear and die a lot.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Starfalcon wrote:
Are you really interested in going back to the terrible itemized gear, the badly laid out talent trees, having to manually form groups again, and no VP/JP vendors for gear? Having to do tedious attunement quests for all your guildies or your alts?

I would say the gear nowadays are poorly itemized. Also as of tuesday, what talent trees? I would go back to the old talent trees in a heartbeat at least you had some room to play. Now notsomuch.

And the attunement quests weren't tedious. You just had to do the chains, most of which should have been done while leveling.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

superjawes

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:37 am

tanker27 wrote:
I would say the gear nowadays are poorly itemized. Also as of tuesday, what talent trees? I would go back to the old talent trees in a heartbeat at least you had some room to play. Now notsomuch.

Old talent trees = right vs. wrong + 1 or two interesting choices in the end.

New Talent system = ALL meaningful choices.

Maybe one day talent trees could be brought back so that they still have little utility choices mixed in with the bigger ones, and you can still have multiple viable builds, but the old trees had far too many +X% damage, core abilities you need for the spec (or be playing wrong), and too few utility choices. As a great example: frost mages. In order to be a viable DPS in raids, you had to sacrifice ALL of your frost utility talents in favor of damaging ones. Frost PvP was fun, but arcane and fire were at least viable in both applications. I haven't really played a rogue, but from what I understand, subtlety was best DPS on paper, but that was pretty much standing still.

The new system might still have issues making certain class/specs viable in all situations, but they stand a much better chance with this system than in the old, and I am very happy with that.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:22 am

superjawes wrote:
I haven't really played a rogue, but from what I understand, subtlety was best DPS on paper, but that was pretty much standing still.

I played a rogue till Wotlk and in Vanilla and much of BC Combat with swords or maces was top DPS. Then they nurfed it and Assassination was king of the hill in Wotlk, agin nurf that. And so subtlety is best.

I am still feeling dubious about the new trees. It takes away a lot of the theory crafting out. Which is why a lot of the hardcores love(d) WoW. If I change this gear to this and use this talent what do I get. I loved the math involved with it.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

superjawes

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:38 am

tanker27 wrote:
superjawes wrote:
I haven't really played a rogue, but from what I understand, subtlety was best DPS on paper, but that was pretty much standing still.

I played a rogue till Wotlk and in Vanilla and much of BC Combat with swords or maces was top DPS. Then they nurfed it and Assassination was king of the hill in Wotlk, agin nurf that. And so subtlety is best.

I am still feeling dubious about the new trees. It takes away a lot of the theory crafting out. Which is why a lot of the hardcores love(d) WoW. If I change this gear to this and use this talent what do I get. I loved the math involved with it.

I might like to see some things come back. I think I've heard of dual sword rogues, and having some weapon specific building could be interesting if it could mean getting the same DPS with different choices.

It's just that when you CAN math out a best possible outcome, theorycrafting only amounts to "right" and "wrong" decisions, and since the info is made available through Elitistjerks, Noxxic, and others, there are a few theorycraftors and thousands (if not millions) of players copying exactly what has been laid out. Now, at least, I see several talent "tiers" where the best DPS choice will depend on what you're fighting. That's something that might get theorycrafted out, but only for specific fights and not a "set it and forget it" build.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:46 am

There really wasn't much theorycrafting in the old talent trees, you had the "correct" build you used to get the most dps...and you had the people that just put all their points in one tree. The new trees really do give you freedom of choice, you can pick the talents you need for a certain boss, or switch them around until your get a build you are happy with. They have gotten to about as close as you can get to real choice in talents since the game launched. As a combat rogue Ive more or less had the same talent build since vanilla, and have set it once each expansion and never touched it again...that really wasn't freedom of choice. The old system was like how henry ford said "you can have any color model T you like, as long as it is black."

The illusion of choice does not beat real and true choice. With gear I do not see how you would consider new gear badly itemized, the old rogue tier gear had int and spirit on it, which were completely wasted stats to a rogue. Or pally/druid/shammy tier gear that was only for heal specs as that was all they were able to do in vanilla. You want to raid as one of those specs and do dps, sorry doesn't work that way...you get to sit at thew back and heal people.

For attunement quests, there was no way you could do them while leveling....I did the ony attunement quest and that was a huge pile of blow, and the rest were nearly as bad. It was even worse if you weren't in a huge guild with lots of people to carry you through them. Here is a little reminder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyQ-7o397Uk in case nostolgia made you forget how "fun" attunements were.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:15 am

Greatly enjoyed watching the attunement video. Wowcrendor has a great sense of humor. I had to search for Rexxar myself trying to get a plate armor chest piece for my DK in the bladesedge mountains. Running back and forth between him and his estranged father. I will definitely go back later and watch more of Wowcrendor's videos.

Tuesday, we were running HoTs for guild credit before mists came down and had a non guildy DPS in the party. We had done this many times prior without wiping. This DPS insisted in standing in fire for the whole fight and complained that it was the heals fault when he died and we wiped soon after. Meanwhile the other four of us were talking in vent and our healer was explaining that this guy was taking all the heals he could pump out. We just could not convince him to simply stay out of the fire.

I was running subtlety 8/2/31 but now its a whole new talent tree. Still subtlety but its all strange now. My daggers suddenly went up in damage ~50%. Throwing weapons are gone. Headbuff arcanums are now empty nonfunctional, can be sold for 25GP (paid 122GP). Sorta wish I had bought the 397 rogue headgear and applied the arcanum before the mists came down. The arcanum enchants remain on my old gear. Its just the arcanums that are nerfed.

In the new talent tree, you can have Shadowstep Or Preparation but not both. Bleh.

http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/wow/4/4/4/2/0/5244420nhpQm.png

Edit: added my Rexxar story... :)
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

superjawes

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:27 am

I had not seen the attunement "movie" either, but was not surprised in the least when I heard Crendor's voice. He must have heard you guys, though, because he recently posted a video for Vanilla WoW.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:30 am

Starfalcon wrote:
There really wasn't much theorycrafting in the old talent trees, you had the "correct" build you used to get the most dps...and you had the people that just put all their points in one tree. The new trees really do give you freedom of choice, you can pick the talents you need for a certain boss, or switch them around until your get a build you are happy with. They have gotten to about as close as you can get to real choice in talents since the game launched. As a combat rogue Ive more or less had the same talent build since vanilla, and have set it once each expansion and never touched it again...that really wasn't freedom of choice. The old system was like how henry ford said "you can have any color model T you like, as long as it is black."

You are correct that there were builds that were the best, but it still left the room for people to play around with different combinations.

Starfalcon wrote:
The illusion of choice does not beat real and true choice. With gear I do not see how you would consider new gear badly itemized, the old rogue tier gear had int and spirit on it, which were completely wasted stats to a rogue. Or pally/druid/shammy tier gear that was only for heal specs as that was all they were able to do in vanilla. You want to raid as one of those specs and do dps, sorry doesn't work that way...you get to sit at thew back and heal people.

As I have all my rogue T1, T2, and T3, I went back and looked (I have my original screenshots of them to boot) and there was no int or spirit on any item so I am not sure what you are referring to. Its some greens and blues I remember saying WTH because it had those two stats on them.

As for Pallys only healing in Vanilla, yeah and my guild had two that were the best out-of-combat rezzers ever. It was their job to stay out of combat and rezz people untill 5% of a bosses life. And they were good at it.

Starfalcon wrote:
For attunement quests, there was no way you could do them while leveling....I did the ony attunement quest and that was a huge pile of blow, and the rest were nearly as bad. It was even worse if you weren't in a huge guild with lots of people to carry you through them. Here is a little reminder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyQ-7o397Uk in case nostolgia made you forget how "fun" attunements were.

Meh, I guess I did have that luxury of being in a large guild.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 am

Well, I am excited about MoP even if most people aren't. Too bad I have to work today.

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:02 am

I'm looking forward to it, although I won't be staying up till 3am EST to play lol. I have 10 85's (1 of each class), so I resubbed a few weeks ago, played them all, gearing them. Decided on my DK for my first 90, will level as blood, should work out well. I'll level a panda monk when the starting zone crowd has died down.
Gamer - i7-7700K, 16GB, GTX1060, 950 PRO, 840EVO

David

Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:46 am

tanker27 wrote:
You are correct that there were builds that were the best, but it still left the room for people to play around with different combinations.

You only had room to play around if you weren't raiding. If you were trying to get in on high-end raiding there was no best; there was the right build and that was it.

tanker27 wrote:
Meh, I guess I did have that luxury of being in a large guild.

Ding Ding! If you weren't in a large and at least semi-hardcore guild grinding for anything was a huge pain.

In my experience nostalgia almost always greatly distorts your memory. When I originally got bored with WoW I thought, "DAoC was a lot more fun! I'll try that again". Wrong! Then I thought, "UO was effing awesome!" Wrong!

I remember how fun vanilla WoW was. I remember how annoying vanilla WoW was. I also know I'd experience more of the annoying than the fun if I ever had option to try it again.
Xbox Live = narcon / Steam = narcon / PSN = Pontifex

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 am

So who is playing mists? I started last night, and have to say it has been the most problem free launch I have ever seen. Everything went completely smoothly, unfortunately I can not say the same for my ISP. Comcast had a serious outage after I was playing about an hour and a half, and it wasn't going to be back up for 4-5 hours so I just ended up going to sleep. When I got up this morning it was up and down, so I am hoping they get everything fixed by the time I get home from work this evening. So far, very much enjoying the game.

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:31 am

Starfalcon wrote:
So who is playing mists? I started last night, and have to say it has been the most problem free launch I have ever seen. Everything went completely smoothly, unfortunately I can not say the same for my ISP. Comcast had a serious outage after I was playing about an hour and a half, and it wasn't going to be back up for 4-5 hours so I just ended up going to sleep. When I got up this morning it was up and down, so I am hoping they get everything fixed by the time I get home from work this evening. So far, very much enjoying the game.

Um, it launches tonight doesn't it?

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:46 pm

elmopuddy wrote:

It started Midnight PST. I was on early this morning briefly before work and some dude got realm first max blacksmithing.

elmopuddy
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
elmopuddy wrote:

It started Midnight PST. I was on early this morning briefly before work and some dude got realm first max blacksmithing.

ACK! I've missed it! lol, must sleep more.. I could have sworn the launch was the 26th! :oops: :oops:

superjawes

Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:59 pm

I am playing Mists instead of Borderlands 2 at the moment...so far, I am liking the questing. Feels fun.

Although I will have about 6 more 85s to level after my main >.<

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:44 pm

I didn't play it, but was watching different streams on http://www.twitch.tv of people playing it... Which is basically the same thing ;-)
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

SonWorshiper
Gerbil Elite

Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:50 pm

I am eating my words (ok, my internal monologue thoughts) about battle pets. Stupid PokeWoW is addicting. I must have them. All of them.

I've found crafting seems less painful, surprisingly. I'm not on the high end stuff yet but started doing some of my Eng, BS, Alch, and a touch of Inscription. All seemed fairly easy compared to past memories of new content. My farmer rogue is almost as busy picking bountiful herbs and mines as completing quests.

Love the monk. Enjoyed the new panda toon storyline for the most part. I'm still debating whether I like the revamped talent trees, but like others said above, it does seem to give me more options than the old "correct" builds.

All in all, I am pleased and pretty well addicted.

superjawes

Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I am in love with new profession changes. Better ordering and organization for many (<3 cooking), no need for four different scribe parchments, and ONLY ONE ENCHANTING ROD. Seriously, anyone leveling a new enchanter is flat out spoiled for not needing an arcanite rod (or all the mats for them, too). Archaeology is pretty improved, too. Still a lot of travel and tedious searching, but being able to find 6-8 nodes per dig site makes things go much faster.

I started a panda monk in beta to see the intro storyline. Was pretty cool, but unfinished. I'll be trying that again some time after I get my main to 90 (and start other work on other level 85 alts).

paulWTAMU
Emperor Gerbilius I

Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:19 pm

i'm downloading the trail version. F it, I'm curious and haven't played in nearly 4 years. Want to see how it looks/plays now. I'm also curious about the world changes post Cataclysm.

Actually I'm thinking with the impending newborn, having cheap at home entertainment is a good thing...I don't anticipate getting out of the house much for the next few months to a year or so. A good MMO sounds like a nice way to do it.
Ugly people have sex all the time. We wouldn't have 6 and a half billion humans if you had to be beautiful to get laid.