Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Re: World Of Warcraft

Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:16 am

I really really hate RNG. So I have been playing DW Frost DK since the start of 5.4. I knew it would help with trash because of the cleave. I've been able to get the 540 1h from Noreshen in flex. However last night a warforged (566 ilvl) 2H from Sha dropped. Of course i'm the only one that could use it. /sigh I love DW but the stats on the 2h are just too good to pass up. I really really hate RNG.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 pm

It was the same with both my warrior and DK. My warrior could never get a 2h to save his life, but after I got 2 1H and went SMF...I got 2 2H swords off a loot roll. DK was same way, couldn't get a second decent 1H for DW...in LFR and Bo-Ris drops....

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:20 am

Well at least I got the two best trinkets in game; I got the normal Eye of Galakras (this is the cooldown trinket) and LFR Thoks Tail Tip (this is the amp trinket).
Even for the amp trinket being LFR grade I have to say this thing is simply amazing.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:01 am

Every week I roll on sha of pride for my CD trinket, every week its golds. Ive done pretty well in our flex runs so far...but just cant seem to get lucky with trinkets...took forever to get the agi one off the first boss in ToT, just about every thing he dropped came before I finally was able to get it.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:34 pm

Well it was a fun last few days for me, was my birthday and blizzcon. So what does everyone think of the new exp revealed at the show?

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:59 pm

At first I was far more interested in Heroes of the Storm, but I got more interested in the expansion as they went into more details about the system. Having not been a Warcraft fan prior to WoW, I'm not hugely interested in the story, but I like a lot of the other systems, and I really hope the raid setup works as intended.

However, why the hell are they putting the Outlands portal in Caverns of Time instead of the Draenor one? Isn't Garrosh messing up the timestream?
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:04 pm

I don't know, I have to play the game first to make a conclusion. Overall it sounds like they aren't even trying anymore - new graphics engine update with more detailed models is kinda nice BUT it's not really what makes this game more fun, especially for "hardcore" raiders, and they should've done this improvement a long time ago. Same goes for housing/garrisons. They did not even bother with making a beautiful pre-rendered trailer for announcement...

I guess they understand they can't produce interesting and challenging raiding or normal leveling content (whole Pandaria was a pretty "meh" continent, same goes for most of the quests) anymore and they just want to decrease the number of unsubscribers using the easiest route - by mostly catering towards RP players who use WoW as a 3D web chat :wink: Which does make sense, but I just wonder where all of the people who were supposedly "pulled away" from "Titan" actually went - doesn't really look like they went back to WoW and I doubt the other projects like Hearthstone or their new DotA clone require so many people...

P.S: Funny thing: When they showed their lame trailer, as soon as I hear the word "War" at the beginning - I kinda expected it to be followed by "war never changes" :wink: :lol:
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:15 pm

JohnC wrote:
P.S: Funny thing: When they showed their lame trailer, as soon as I hear the word "War" at the beginning - I kinda expected it to be followed by "war never changes" :wink: :lol:

Yeah I was kind of expecting that too :wink:

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 am

There is another thing that makes it easily obvious that Activision does not really care about WoW anymore. The Garrison/Housing system:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/115020 ... -11_8_2013
As it appears now, there is not much "point" for these things for majority of people, especially people interested in more "raiding" or PvP activities. They could've turned the whole system into much, MUCH more from the very start - for example, borrow the ideas from "Clash of Clans" mobile game - allow Garrison owners to send their NPC troops/followers to attack other people's garrisons (to steal resources/recipes, etc.), both in-game OR using a tablet/smartphone and an appropriate mobile app for these. Or even a gaming console, for cross-platform play. :o Perhaps even allow a whole guild to build a single huge version of "garrison", which would require many people to coordinate together to attack it with their NPC troops... Or even participate in the attack with their own character (which would "replace" several NPC troops/slots)! There are many multiple ways you can expand the whole system into... It's just Activision is not really interested in that. Which is very disappointing but pretty understandable if you'll look at the recent garbage products like "CoD: Ghosts".
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:22 am

JohnC wrote:
but I just wonder where all of the people who were supposedly "pulled away" from "Titan" actually went - doesn't really look like they went back to WoW and I doubt the other projects like Hearthstone or their new DotA clone require so many people...

Furor (Alex Afrasiabi) was pulled from Titan and has returned to WoW as the lead quest designer, a position he previously held in BC. Tigole (Jeff Kaplan)is still with Titan, my guess is that its his baby and he is there to stay. (I blame Furor for all the Poo quests)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

superjawes

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:00 am

JohnC wrote:
As it appears now, there is not much "point" for these things for majority of people, especially people interested in more "raiding" or PvP activities.

That implies that raiders and PvP-ers are the majoirty...which isn't likely the case. These people spend more time on the game, but they can't keep the lights on the way a casual subscription will.

Also, WoW, Hearthstone, and Heroes of the Storm are Blizzard produced, not Activision. Sure, they are partners, but Blizzard operates with a lot more independence with respect for their projects. To date, I don't believe that there has been any crossover between properties, although that could change if Heroes of the Storm takes off. They would probably consider adding Activision characters as Heroes at that point...
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:41 pm

So what do all my fellow WOWers think of the new patch on the PTR that will finally let you send heirlooms and BOAs to other servers? It took them a while but looks like finally you will be able to send them to any toon on your account. Also reforging, will you miss it, like the new secondary stats and happy hit/expertise/dodge/parry going the way of the dodo. Last but not least, like where the new char models are going? I know I am looking forward to the new undead female model they released post blizzcon :D

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:21 pm

Starfalcon wrote:
So what do all my fellow WOWers think of the new patch on the PTR that will finally let you send heirlooms and BOAs to other servers?

About GD time.

Starfalcon wrote:
Also reforging, will you miss it, like the new secondary stats and happy hit/expertise/dodge/parry going the way of the dodo.

About GD time. while nice it proved to much of a chore. And hit/exper felt too much like the old weapon leveling, just another hurdle to jump.

Starfalcon wrote:
I know I am looking forward to the new undead female model they released post blizzcon :D

About GD time. I want my new Orc model NOW!

NINJA EDIT: About GD time they made gear switch for specs, I am tired of carrying a complete tank set and a DPS set. Now all I will have to do is carry a tank cloak, trinkets, and rings.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

superjawes

Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:12 pm

BOAs will be great. A couple of friends just restarted WoW this weekend, and we rolled new toons. I'd prefer leveling with herilooms...

As for stats, it's a good direction, but I want to see where all these stats fall, and how much of a difference tertiary stats make. Very glad hit/expertise is gone. Not sure on dodge/parry, but if they're replaced by move active approaches to tanking, I'm all for it. Since hit/expertise are gone, it's a good way to get rid of reforging as well, although it wouldn't be awful if it persisted. So long as they limited it closer to 10% conversion it would actually offer customization for some classes, or optimization.

I'm also very aprehensive of what happens to spirit. Having a unique healer stat could be iffy. If they limit it to rings/neck/weapons with a strong effect, it will probably be fine, but if it pops up on other gear, it could require carring a complete second set of gear.

On models, I really just want to see them fix BElf eyebrows (?) sticking through helms. It ruins the look on several helms. I'm also looking forward to the female models for trolls, orcs, and tauren. I don't really play such toons, but I always felt that they were bland and generic compared to the stylized male counterparts. Otherwise, I think they look good.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:45 am

Spirit will only be on rings, necks, and trinkets..not on any regular gear.

superjawes

Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:23 am

Starfalcon wrote:
Spirit will only be on rings, necks, and trinkets..not on any regular gear.

I couldn't remember if this had been confirmed or not. If this is the case, everything should be fine. They should be able to tune the power of spirit in beta.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Now the only thing I can hope they fix is the reduction of power as you level to 100. I hated in both cata and mop where as you leveled all your secondary stats got cut and made you weaker. I went from 60%+ haste to 10% or so...so it made leveling almost a punishment, and on top of the hit and expertise loss made you vastly weaker at a higher level...at least until you got new raid gear. Now with hit and expertise going away, I wont have to hear the constant ching ching of misses while leveling anymore. I am curious if they will fix the the secondary stat scaling though.

superjawes

Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:44 pm

I imagine you will still feel weaker in some ways at level 100, specifically on the haste and/or mana regen front, but with 10 levels instead of 5, they might be able to smooth it out a bit. It will definitely feel better not having to hit cap, though. That on its own meant flushing a lot of your new stats away into reforging. Combine all of that with a better tuned item squish and it should be "okay."

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:45 pm

I want to come back again, for the umpteenth time, but it's just not worth $15 a month to me right now. I'm sure I will be back for the expansion.

Nice to read the commentary on what's changing.

keltor
Gerbil First Class

Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:58 pm

I am thinking of coming back to WoW for the free 90. I've been wanting to play a Mage for a long time, but I kept putting it off because my mains are Pally/DK and I just don't have the time to level up AGAIN.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:00 pm

keltor wrote:
I just don't have the time to level up AGAIN.

Leveling is real quick these days.....from 1-80. Also you can get a scroll or resurrection and get an an 'instant' 80. (I can send you one if you PM me your email)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Yeah it goes so quick now it is almost silly, I know a guildie got his monk he rolled to 90 in 4 days of modest playing. They do get the experience buff, but even so a regular toon will still go pretty quick...and esp now if you have heirlooms and want a new toon on another server you can roll that even quicker.

keltor
Gerbil First Class

Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:36 pm

I have been active since March 2012 - my wife is in marketing and knows people @ Blizzard, so ... I have a free account.

<CUT> I have guildies who will help, my guild is multi-gaming, so plenty of WoW players are still there.

Edit: Never mind that guide, apparently they were being jerks and linked me to a bot guide ...

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:51 am

Well looks like my server is finally getting merged, looks like etrigg a low pop server. I was hoping for a higher population one, but at least I will be able to roll up some more storage toons :D

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:29 pm

My server Galakrond, became low pop as guildies moved to Blackhand to get better chances to raid. Jan 02 Galakrond got merged with Blackhand. Now its pretty crowded, guildies unhappy they paid to move. Raid team fell apart with all the moving. So, am now flex raiding for weapon drops. Why oh why can't any flex team down Thok? Let the wise cracks about Mandelrog's competency begin! Mandelrog is i551 now and still has a 510 dagger from Megaera. I have a 536 Thok dagger on the main hand from the LFR drop. Subtlety has been a long slog. But its beginning to be fun again now that his ilvl is up.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:43 am

I'm back yet again and enjoying Timeless Isle. Fun solo content.

Mr Bill
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 am

Starfalcon wrote:
So what do all my fellow WOWers think of the new patch on the PTR that will finally let you send heirlooms and BOAs to other servers? It took them a while but looks like finally you will be able to send them to any toon on your account. Also reforging, will you miss it, like the new secondary stats and happy hit/expertise/dodge/parry going the way of the dodo. Last but not least, like where the new char models are going? I know I am looking forward to the new undead female model they released post blizzcon :D

I very much like being able to send BOA's to other servers. Since Galakrond and Blackhand merged, my tunes on each of those servers still show as being on the individual servers. That seems odd. On reforging, I actually like being able to reforge and forging for different stats depending on talent tree. For example Mastery vs Haste for Assassination vs Subtlety. I would not actually miss having to hit/expertise cap but it would be nice if reforging could still be used to tilt the character's specialization. That said, reforging becomes less useful when the various procs of trinkets and armor sets become difficult to model. I have to use Ask Mr Robot to figure out if a new drop is worth keeping. Pity the nube that does not realize he needs those tools.
X6 1100T BE | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ | XFX HD 7870 | 16 GB DDR3 | Samsung 830/850 Pro SSD's | Logitech cherry MX-brown G710+ | Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex mouse | SeaSonic SS-660XP 80+ Pt | BenQ 24' 1900x1200 IPS | APC Back-UPS NS-1350 | Win7 Pro

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:30 am

Well at least with all the changes, we will be back to putting the gear on after we win it, not having to play reforging tetris to keep all our caps in place along with layering gems and chants on it. It will be more like how it was back in BC, .

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:14 am

You mean like vanilla with a few exceptions.

I am very skeptical about this, blizzard has never really gotten stats right on gear. With reforg going away you are going to see some new weird outcomes because of it. But then again its easier to tune it.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

ultima_trev
Gerbil XP

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:38 am

Lok'tar! After years of playing WC2 and WC3, I finally gave in and started a WoW account in September. I was never a fan of MMOs so I was thinking it was going to be a horrific way to expand upon the lore. Luckily I was very, VERY wrong. This game is incredible, it's pretty much everything I liked in the old school Final Fantasy games but in real time with much better and more immersive artwork.

I'm now rolling a ilvl 496 Blood Elf Frost DK and a ilvl 495 Orc Arms Warrior on Silvermoon. After using both and getting the rotation down, I far prefer the DK over the warrior. I also now have a level 32 Blood Elf Paladin, level 12 Blood Elf Monk and level 6 Tauren Shaman, although I'm mostly focusing on the DK. I do have a warrior and DK on the Alliance side as well, but I don't plan on using those as mains, ever. FOR THE HORDE! Hopefully I can do SoO soon, these queue times are killer.

Warlords of Dreanor looks sick, I CAN'T WAIT!
Ryzen 7 1800X - Corsair H60i - GA AB350 Gaming - 32GB DDR4 2933 at 16,16,16,36 - GTX 1080 at 1924 / 5264 (undervolted) - 250GB WD Blue SSD - 2TB Toshiba 7200rpm HDD