Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

J5
Gerbil First Class
Topic Author

Thu Dec 27, 2001 11:51 pm

Massively Multiplayer Online Games albeit an RPG such as Everquest or the Doomed WWII online game are examples. Me myself I don't like Everquest but I do like the idea of an MMOG that is more or of a present time game. Imagine GTA3 where everyone was a person and one had to join "families" to survive! What are your opinions on these sort of games?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J5 on 2001-12-27 22:52 ]</font>

Steel
Global Moderator

Fri Dec 28, 2001 12:03 am

I'm just pissed Origin canned Privateer Online. Would've been cool to get into dogfights over the 'net. I did try Jumpgate once, but it didn't seem very polished compared to the Wing Commander universe.

DjEasyDick
Gerbil In Training

Sat Dec 29, 2001 1:00 am

I was a big fan of... Something. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a MM Flight Sim, but not real heavy on the sim part.

Just a solid WWII Plane fighting game. The mountains were 4 sided pyramids and my computer (P 100) struggled at times, but with a full B17, you could fly a fun 4 hour bombing run.

Best of all, it was Free, provided you used AOL.
dJed.

0oALio0

Fri Mar 15, 2002 7:11 pm

A lot of MMOG's seem to have great ideas but carry them out very poorly. One that i'm looking forward to is World of Warcraft. I also have a passing interest Ragnarok (free!). Its pretty fun but i'm afraid it may get boring fast unless something cool happens soon.