Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Gandhi
Gerbil Jedi
Topic Author

Wed May 11, 2005 7:22 pm

Jebus wrote:
I really disliked the controls. If I could personalize them more.

The controls ARE customizable in the retail version. Cannot remember if that was the case in the demo.

Jebus
Gerbil Jedi

Thu May 12, 2005 8:30 am

Ah, ok. That's good. If I weren't devoting all my time to Guild Wars, I'd play this. :P
I was married in an online fantasy game once. We thought about having children, but it would severely drain my power crystals.

- Comic Book Guy

chakhay2000
Gerbil Elite

Thu May 12, 2005 8:50 am

if adventure is ur game, then u owe it to urself to play broken sword 3. witty and humurous, with nice dx8 style graphics, it might just be the thing to cheer up ur wife. only downside may be the crate puzzles, which are too many if u don't like them.

i also recommend:

metal gear solid(pc version is pretty good, with 300 VR missions that are quite fun and u just can't beat the theme music! it's infectious and gets u in the mood)

metal gear solid 2: substance (very nice graphics, bit poor ending but lots of gameplay due to VR missions. oh and did i mention its size is HUGE at 7GB?)

virtua tennis (for pure addictive fun)

J.T.
Gerbil In Training

Re: Games like Grim Fandango

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:54 pm

Another good adventure game is: Beneath A Steel Sky

shaq_mobile
Gerbil Elite

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:16 pm

Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade/Fate of Atlantis

The last two are more serious.

My brothers and I still crack jokes from Monkey Island and DOTT. So good. If you don't laugh out loud playing those games, you don't have a soul.

This is the kind of crap that I grew up on. We played these nonstop, watched Monty Python and have a mother with a filthy sense of humor. Made interacting with women really awkward for a very long time. :)

Also, if you like the adventure/rpg stuff, definitely look into Deus Ex 1 and 3 (which are currently on steam sale!!! $11.24 for all 3 DE games. You could easily get 50 hours of gameplay out of that). DE2 sucked. Chrono Trigger and FF3 have been keeping me busy on my mobile device. The Dig is fun, but it's very dry, similar to the Indiana Jones games.

bthylafh
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:26 pm

Is this a record for a non-spam necro?
Hakkaa päälle!
i7-8700K|Asus Z-370 Pro|32GB DDR4|Asus Radeon RX-580|Samsung 960 EVO 1TB|1988 Model M||Logitech MX 518 & F310|Samsung C24FG70|Dell 2209WA|ATH-M50x

druidcent
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm still trying to figure out if it is non-spam.. How hard did he have to work to find the this particular thread, and then actually post a recommendation to it..

jensend
Gerbil

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:19 pm

Look! It's moving. It's alive. It's alive... It's alive, it's moving, it's alive, it's alive, it's alive, it's ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE!

On a more serious note, the ResidualVM project, an offshoot project of ScummVM made to support Grim Fandango and other GrimE engine games, just announced their first stable version a month ago, which means it's time for me to try to get back the copy of Grim I loaned somebody years ago so I can try to introduce people to it again.

Also, adventure gaming seems to have largely emerged from its dark ages, and those who enjoyed Grim now have plenty of places to look for newer fare.

shaq_mobile
Gerbil Elite

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:07 pm

holy cow thats amazing. i didnt realize how old this was.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Re:

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:34 am

drfish wrote:
Get her to pick up NOLF again, then have her try NOLF 2...

Yes, Yes, YES!

The voice acting in this is outstanding!

It looks like you need a monkey (there are tons of dialogue that go on like this. My other favorite is Beer and Criminals)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!