Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

RandomNull
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Thu Jan 31, 2002 8:48 pm

I am begining to think there is something behind EA and NTFS I nor any of my friends can get get any new EA game running on a system w/XP and NTFS. including MoH:AA and Madden 2002.
Tech support is no help at all and i noticed no one in the forums w/the same problem is getting answers.
Any one out there know whats up?
I have tried everything and yes I do have leigt copies of these games,
and please no lame posts just sayin how much EA sux.
RandomNull

J5
Gerbil First Class

Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:18 pm

What did you expect from EA!?

Just kidding man. I am running XP with NTFS and have MOHAA working fine. Thats the only EA game I have running but I have other games on this harddrive that work fine! Is it only the EA games that aren't instally correctly? What other games do you have? Have you tried installing any other games? Is Madden A 2 disk install? Harddrive brand? Lots of unanswered questions but I wanna help so get some info out! :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: J5 on 2002-01-31 22:18 ]</font>

RandomNull
Gerbil Elite
Topic Author

Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:25 am

No i was just being a little over dramatic.
madden is only 1 disk.
I play many other games like RTCW, DoD for half-life and black&white. Funny thing is that the demos for MoH work fine its just full version EA games bomb out on me eveytime I try to play them. HD type? well i got a 20GB and a 40GB both WD 7200.
And it's not only me 2 of my friends at work and even someone from the irc channel tried to get MoH workin on their computers w/XP and NTFS and none of them could get it workin.
I hope there is a fix I can find cuz I have been playing MoH on my other computer and it is kinda fun, only problem is that it is really slow on a p3 500 and a GF2 MX 400.

Spune
Gerbil XP

Fri Feb 01, 2002 2:02 am

I have both Madden 2K2 and NHL 2001 installed on my XP machine in NTFS and they run fine. Well Madden kinda showed up on my doorstep one day *cough* and its a little flaky but I never played it enough worry about it but it does run. This doesn't really help you at all but at least you know that they can run on XP in NTFS. My .0002 cents (Canadian)

J5
Gerbil First Class

Sun Feb 03, 2002 3:44 pm

What exactly happens? Do they crap out during installation or do you get it fully installed and then it just doesn't work?

Sweetacht
Gerbil In Training

Sat Mar 30, 2002 1:36 pm

Hi There, I am having the sam f.. problem, RTCW plays fine but MOH no dice on WinXP with NTFS

I noticed the message was posted quite some time ago, maybe already a solution?