Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

SNM
Emperor Gerbilius I

Re: Team fortress 2 (ITS LIVE)

Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:28 pm

I played yesterday for the first time since the pyro update (which was the first time since Medic, which was the first time since I got COD4 in January...). It's fun; now that I have a working mic again I might get back into TF2 a bit.
Core i7 920, 3x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600, 80GB X25-M, 1TB WD Caviar Black, MSI X58 Pro-E, Radeon 4890, Cooler Master iGreen 600, Antec P183, opticals

morphine
TR Staff

Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:14 am

I'm just grumbling more on how the smaller classes have gotten the short end of the stick again. Playing scout is a deathwish on most maps now, and you see a lot less medics too. Natasha is only going to complicate matters further because you can't run away from a heavy anymore (or run past), a single bullet touches you and you're dead meat. I hope I'm wrong, though.

The good part about the heavy update: so many heavies == lots of targets practice for my sniper :D

Oh, and...

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM :lol:
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

lordT
Darth Gerbil

Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:20 am

morphine wrote:
The good part about the heavy update: so many heavies == lots of targets practice for my sniper :D
True. A big ass head to aim is so much easier.

morphine wrote:
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM :lol:
Watched the Meet the Sandvich video yet?

b_naresh
Gerbil First Class

Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Since there were a lot of heavies playing today, I had fun playing as a medic. I notched up my best score of 34 points as a medic, earned a couple of medic achievements (Big Pharma and Intern) and finished as the top scorer at the end of the round even though we lost. Very satisfying!

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:51 pm

lordtottuu wrote:
So. What do you gerbils think about the heavy update? I've been having lots of fun with the new unlockables. 7 more achievements to go. These will probably take some time to finish though.

I am havink all updates from very long time. I am lovink my KGB, keeps my itty bitty trigger fingers from broozing. Am lovink also my Natascha. I love Sasha more than anyone, but Natascha is loverly hold down cowardly scouts while I wiolate them.

Sandvich I am conflicted on. Sandvich make me happy like good medic. Sandvich keepink me alive long times. Sandvich is removing VITAL SHOTGUN. Conflicted. I give up hands for Sandvich. Shotgun maybe not so much.
Please don't edit my signature for me. Thanks.

lordT
Darth Gerbil

Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:07 am

Forge wrote:
I am havink all updates from very long time. I am lovink my KGB, keeps my itty bitty trigger fingers from broozing. Am lovink also my Natascha. I love Sasha more than anyone, but Natascha is loverly hold down cowardly scouts while I wiolate them.

Sandvich I am conflicted on. Sandvich make me happy like good medic. Sandvich keepink me alive long times. Sandvich is removing VITAL SHOTGUN. Conflicted. I give up hands for Sandvich. Shotgun maybe not so much.
Win!

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:55 am

If there's anybody out there that doesn't own the game, then I have a guest pass with your name on it. The pass is first come, first serve, so PM away.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

morphine
TR Staff

Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:58 am

Dizik wrote:
If there's anybody out there that doesn't own the game, then I have a guest pass with your name on it. The pass is first come, first serve, so PM away.

Ditto. I have an unused guest pass too.
There is a fixed amount of intelligence on the planet, and the population keeps growing :(

scare
Gerbil Team Leader

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:04 am

I have a free guest pass as well that I'd like to give out to someone wanting to try this game.
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
X3 720 @3.6, 1.4V | GA-MA790X-UD4P | XFX 4890 | 2x2 PC6400 | HDT-S1283 | ModXStream 500W | CM690

lordT
Darth Gerbil

Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:54 am

Same here. One guest pass up for grabs.

b_naresh
Gerbil First Class

Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:45 am

I have a TF2 guest pass and an extra copy of Half-Life2: Episode One. Lemme know if anyone needs it.

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun May 17, 2009 12:31 pm

Has anybody had a chance to Meet the Spy?
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Sun May 17, 2009 12:49 pm

You folks can add me and come get raped at will. "pete_roth"

morphine
TR Staff

Sun May 17, 2009 1:08 pm

steelcity_ballin wrote:
You folks can add me and come get raped at will. "pete_roth"

Just added you. "Zed Dynamite" is my gaming alter-ego.

TurtlePerson2
Graphmaster Gerbil

Sun May 17, 2009 4:50 pm

Dizik wrote:
Has anybody had a chance to Meet the Spy?

That was the best one of all of them. I can't wait for the last two.
"TORTURIS EXUVIAS EUNT"
Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
XFX Radeon RX 580

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Sun May 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Classic
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

b_naresh
Gerbil First Class

Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:15 pm

Moar Hats!
http://www.teamfortress.com/classless/day01.php
I hope I get some now!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:09 pm

http://www.teamfortress.com/crafting/

Crafting! I've been playing the crap out of soldier vs demo war too, almost exclusively the demo. I'm pretty nasty with the demoman. Finally a use for all those crappy dupe weapons!

edit: should have mentioned, I mostly play arena maps (1 life, you die, you sit til everyone's done and occasionally you have to sit out a round) makes for a more skilled player I think when you can't respawn. I also frequent the payload servers (can't recall which) but I play most evenings for at least an hour or two. If you love spammed mic noises and constant temper tantrums the likes of which you haven't see from a 5 year old with tourrettes, please join me! No but really, I enjoy the game and generally behave myself. The most played server is 24/7 lumber mill.

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Soldier is going to get a multi-shot launcher as his "unlockable" primary. It was leaked weeks ago. It trades off rocket damage and greater ammo consumption for increase rate of fire. The demo is probably going to get a throwback to demopack in TFC (Dyanmite in "Meet the Demo" video?).

BTW, Soldiers are going to win this "war". It boils down to the nature of the classes. Soldiers are simply easier and more offensive in nature. I expect demos to have a slightly better death/kill ratio because of their defensive nature.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:20 pm

Krogoth wrote:
Soldier is going to get a multi-shot launcher as his "unlockable" primary. It was leaked weeks ago. It trades off rocket damage and greater ammo consumption for increase rate of fire. The demo is probably going to get a throwback to demopack in TFC (Dyanmite in "Meet the Demo" video?).

Pretty neat, I was playing on a WAR server that was allowing the soldier rocket to track a target - was kinda nice. The con was that you could not fire it vertically, it had to be fired then steered into the air. More accurate ala the Hl1/2 rocket launcher.

Not sure I like the multi-shot, the ROF is low as is but maybe the "spread" damage will be greater - hard to say when you only have 4 rockets by default.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:25 pm

re: Yeah I think the soldier will win too because they are easier to run and gun with, if there was a way to make the sticky explode as soon as it contacted the surface that'd help - at present sticky is a delay on fire, and a delay on remote detonate. Last count the soldieres were up like 80k kills.

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:30 pm

steelcity_ballin wrote:
Krogoth wrote:

Pretty neat, I was playing on a WAR server that was allowing the soldier rocket to track a target - was kinda nice. The con was that you could not fire it vertically, it had to be fired then steered into the air. More accurate ala the Hl1/2 rocket launcher.

Not sure I like the multi-shot, the ROF is low as is but maybe the "spread" damage will be greater - hard to say when you only have 4 rockets by default.

Multi-shot rocket launcher actually holds 4 rockets in a canister.You load up canisters instead of individual rockets. You can fire each one individually, but they do less damage. The alt-fire is shooting out the entire salvo at once hence "mutli-shot" rocket launcher. The salvo attack is going cause some people to bitch and moan about 200+ damage "hit-fade" attacks.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:33 pm

Krogoth wrote:
steelcity_ballin wrote:
Krogoth wrote:

Multi-shot rocket launcher actually holds 4 rockets in a canister.You load up canisters instead of individual rockets. You can fire each one individually, but they do less damage. The alt-fire is shooting out the entire salvo at once hence "mutli-shot" rocket launcher. The salvo attack is going cause some people to bitch and moan about 200+ damage "hit-fade" attacks.

Can't be worse than the huntsman arrows curving corners or tagging me after I've run in a building by a long shot :lol:

morphine
TR Staff

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm

Krogoth wrote:
The salvo attack is going cause some people to bitch and moan about 200+ damage "hit-fade" attacks.

And if it's true, then I'm going to be one of them. TF2 is not Unreal Tournament. Any idiot can charge 4 rockets, shoot somewhere in the general vicinity of an enemy and bam, instant kill.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:41 pm

morphine wrote:
Krogoth wrote:
The salvo attack is going cause some people to bitch and moan about 200+ damage "hit-fade" attacks.

And if it's true, then I'm going to be one of them. TF2 is not Unreal Tournament. Any idiot can charge 4 rockets, shoot somewhere in the general vicinity of an enemy and bam, instant kill.

I have a feeling that it'll be harder than that. People are bad enough with the splash damage as is, and I'm sure the reload speed on the canister will be a bitch. Ideally it would leave them with no secondary weapon if they choose this. I dunno, I with the engineer would get some love, one of the most fun classes to play.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:45 pm

I am glad someone necro'd this thread as I was going to do it myself.

Anyways, it seems the servers I loved to frequent folded and Now I am looking for some healthy servers to play on. Any suggestions? I have the eGo ones in my favorites but I like different stuff and player made maps that are good.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:46 pm

tanker27 wrote:
I am glad someone necro'd this thread as I was going to do it myself.

Anyways, it seems the servers I loved to frequent folded and Now I am looking for some healthy servers to play on. Any suggestions? I have the eGo ones in my favorites but I like different stuff and player made maps that are good.

The clan servers I play on are [5e] - the players myself included are asshats, but skilled enough and the admins can be contacted if someone's ruining the fun. Most voting options for maps etc. I'll have to look up the payload servers I play on, it's goldrush but I can't recall the name of the server.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks Steel, I will look them up. I love the payload games more than CTF.

EDIT: Steel can you grab the IP addresses for those servers, I cant seem to locate them in the list.

EDIT2: NVM I think I found them 5EGC
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

lordT
Darth Gerbil

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:07 pm

Multi shot rocket launchers sounds like a really, really bad idea. People spam enough already.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:32 am

http://www.teamfortress.com/demomanupda ... htm#item_1

Bwahaha I can't wait. This is so awesome it hurts. Man I love this game, 2 years later with major content updates.