COD series price fixing?

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

Re: COD series price fixing?

Postposted on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:06 pm

TurtlePerson2 wrote:Activision just finally wised up to people like you and I. If you make your games require Steam or Battle-Net, then people can't sell them used. Consequently, there's never any pressure on the price of new games. This allows them to not have price cuts. After a long enough time without price cuts, consumers will realize that they just need to pay more for games.

Once that happens, people will buy fewer games with the amount being spent on games stays roughly the same. Consequently, a big publisher like Activision only needs to worry about putting out four or five big hits every year.

Basically, it's good for business, but bad for you and I.

that's a nice theory but you're ignoring what actually happens...the games in question get cracked so that they can be played without steam or the like and then get uploaded to various torrent sites, once gamers get used to being able to get games for free then spending even $20 on a game seems like too much and the sales figures drop.
deadrats
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 am

Vrock wrote:I've never been able to beat Doom 2 without cheating. Doom 1, yes, but not Doom 2.

Can't beat the final boss? ;)
Ivy Bridge i5-3570K@4.0Ghz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, 2x4GiB of PC-12800, EVGA 660Ti, Corsair CX-600 and Fractal Refined R4 (W). Kentsfield Q6600@3Ghz, HD 4850 2x2GiB PC2-6400, Gigabyte EP45-DS4P, OCZ Modstream 700W, and PC-7B.
Krogoth
Maximum Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Vrock wrote:You guys played waaaay too much DOOM. And that's cool.
Steam makes it cheap for you to do the same:
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/440/
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Previous

Return to Gaming