Paintball Games?

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

Paintball Games?

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 am

Anyone know of any good Paintball games. Not sure why but I always get alot of enjoyment out of these when I can't get out and play for awhile.

I did find one mod for HL but it doesn't seems to be in working order anymore.
DrkSide
Gerbil

Re: Paintball Games?

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:46 am

Just google mods for your favourite FPS.

I'm pretty sure CSS, COD4, UT etc. will all have at least a few different mods that cover all aspects of paintball FPS requirements.
Core i7 4770K | eVGA GTX770 SC ACX | 16GB DDR3 2133mhz | Asus Z87-PLUS | Corsair HX650 | Fractal Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Windows 8 x64
yogibbear
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:19 pm

i prefer shooting virtual bullets than virtual paint balls :)
www.youtube.com/user/2x4 - benchmarks and gameplay videos

Intel core i7 3.2--EVGA X58--EVGA GTX 580--Auzentech Prelude 7.1--12GB DDR3 1600--ANTEC P190--SAMSUNG 245T 24"--Samsung Spinpoint 2x2TB
2x4
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:22 pm

2x4 wrote:i prefer shooting virtual bullets than virtual paint balls :)

I have to admit that I am puzzled as well. The point of paintball is to allow you to shoot your friends without killing them. Video games are already safe to play, so why the need to make the in-game characters take less damage?
"TORTURIS EXUVIAS EUNT"
Phenom X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Sapphire Radeon 6950
TurtlePerson2
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:34 pm

TurtlePerson2 wrote:
2x4 wrote:i prefer shooting virtual bullets than virtual paint balls :)

I have to admit that I am puzzled as well. The point of paintball is to allow you to shoot your friends without killing them. Video games are already safe to play, so why the need to make the in-game characters take less damage?

Paintball is a lot more than shooting balls of paint at each other. It's a sport with its own set of rules, and the guns behave in a very particular way. I know where he's coming from. I've played a couple of paintball FPS games but none of them were any good. I wonder why there isn't an online multiplayer paintball game with up to date graphics and realistic gun/paintball properties. It wouldn't be very hard to make such a game, and I would play the hell out of it when the real thing is out of season. You would be able to choose from a wide variety of popular guns, starting out with beginner models like Spiders and Tippman 98's, and end up with Dyes, Angels, Bob Longs, etc. You could pick from different types of paint that all behave a little differently, hell, you could even put nitrous in your gun and add custom barrels/triggers/hoppers/whatever. MAN, can somebody please get started on this game? If there already is one, please TELL ME???
i5-4570S|PowerColor R9 270|1 X 8GB DDR3 1600|Crucial M500 240GB|Gigabyte GA-B85N-WIFI|Silverstone RVZ01|Rosewill RK-9000RE
ALiLPinkMonster
Gerbil Team Leader
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:00 pm

accurate representation of paintballs trayectory, i presume, since shooting real paintballs are a lot different than any virtual ammunition (they tend to fly in a arc, are heavier, slower)
Asus x83vm-x1, that's my main system: p8400, nvidia 9600m gs, 4g ddr2 (currently 2)
Kurkotain
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:53 pm

ALiLPinkMonster wrote:
Paintball is a lot more than shooting balls of paint at each other. It's a sport with its own set of rules, and the guns behave in a very particular way. I know where he's coming from. I've played a couple of paintball FPS games but none of them were any good. I wonder why there isn't an online multiplayer paintball game with up to date graphics and realistic gun/paintball properties. It wouldn't be very hard to make such a game, and I would play the hell out of it when the real thing is out of season. You would be able to choose from a wide variety of popular guns, starting out with beginner models like Spiders and Tippman 98's, and end up with Dyes, Angels, Bob Longs, etc. You could pick from different types of paint that all behave a little differently, hell, you could even put nitrous in your gun and add custom barrels/triggers/hoppers/whatever. MAN, can somebody please get started on this game? If there already is one, please TELL ME???

Hit it right on the head. Now that most of my playing buddies have moved after finishing college I don't get out as often as I like. Virtual bullets are fun and I do play BFBC2 and the like however there are new challenges that come with the physics of paintball and I would like to have some of that excitement at the house and for a little cheaper perhaps.
DrkSide
Gerbil

Postposted on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:27 pm

Back in 2006 I saw a couple of paintball games. And they were all absolute rubbish.

Probably not gonna find much, certainly no big names. Paintball games would be 2, maybe 3 speedball maps, an x-ball map and maybe 3 or 4 woodsball. No singleplayer. Doesn't seem like much point in developing a game. Not to crush your spirit or anything, keep looking!
Venii, vidii, vicii
Wii came, Wii saw , Wii conquered
Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Silver subscriber

Return to Gaming