Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Dungeon Defenders

Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:48 pm

My god, best $15 I've ever spent. It's cross platform via gamespy (PC, xbox, and PS3) and just freaking fun to play. It's tower defense with a lot of options. I played with two other guys last night for almost 7 hours straight. Just too much fun. Highly recommended if anyone is on the fence. Currently playing the wizard, level 12 or so. I am maxing all my towers first (health, attack speed, base damage, AoE, range). I get MVP quite a bit.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: Dungeon Defenders

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:44 pm

is it only multiplayer or also single player?

Ryu Connor
Global Moderator

Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:58 pm

Tried the demo and found that it wanted me to launch its unsigned executable with Admin privs.

Glad the uninstaller worked.
All of my written content here on TR does not represent or reflect the views of my employer or any reasonable human being. All content and actions are my own.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:07 am

It's single player and multiplayer. You can tag your alternate characters in and out between waves of enemies too. I'm not sure what you're speaking to Ryu, I bought it through steam and it didn't ask for anything like that. Can't speak to the ps3 and xbox versions.

Finally beat the boss we had been trying to beat. Kinda felt like coordinating a raid to a small degree, very rewarding to beat. It gets very hectic running around trying to repair blockades while trying to grab enough mana to upgrade turrets and what not. We 3 manned it on medium difficulty 1 squire, 2 wizards to start. Then in the Boss wave our other wizard switched to his huntress but left his turrets from the wizard up. I was playing heal bot by this time but it worked out very nicely. I am head of heels for this game.

swampfox
Gerbil First Class

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 am

Does it run well on weak hardware? In order to play multiplayer, have to use my dm1z...
C2D E7300 | ASUS P5Q Pro | 4GB OCZ Fatal1ty DDR2-800 | ASUS Radeon HD 4850 TOP | 500W OCZ ModXStream | WD10EADS | WD6400AAKS | Win7 64bit | Antec P182

ALiLPinkMonster
Gerbil XP

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:09 am

Do you know if it's the same on Android? I bought it a few days ago but I've been busy with Shadowgun.
i3-8100 | GTX 1050 Ti | 2x8GB DDR4-2666 | B360M D3H | MX500 250GB | P300 3TB | Define Mini C | CX450

khands
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:06 pm

Does it really have an Android client? I'll have to look into that then.
X __________________________

anotherengineer
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:35 am

Time to necro an old thread :)

Does anyone still play this? I have just recently gotten into it and wouldn't mind knowing some extra players since soloing only goes so far.
Life doesn't change after marriage, it changes after children!

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:47 am

Me and a couple of friends tried it a few times.

Solo it's worthless compared to other things in the genre, the Orcs Must Die and Sanctum franchises were way more fun solo.
Multiplayer it just seemed to be lacking something - like it was trying to do too much and only doing a half-assed job. I'd almost call it a collection of unfocussed minigames instead of a single game.

The other problems are that it was constantly (almost daily) downloading enormous patches, and that it looked/felt like an low-end tablet game rather than a PC game.
I'm sure it's fun in the right circumstances but why settle for a mediocre game when there are so many good ones clamouring for your attention ;)
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

anotherengineer
Gerbil Jedi

Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:58 am

Well I have no day 1 experience with the original version, but patch v7.50 has been out for a long time and it is the only one that I have played on. Apparently they are gathering notes to make another patch to fix any outstanding bugs and issues.
Life doesn't change after marriage, it changes after children!