Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Diablo 3 Beta - Think Tank?

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:16 pm

I know its a bit later in the D3 Beta, but I recently got a hold of a D3 Beta key from the D3DB giveaway. A friend and I have been playing quite a bit lately and are a bit underwhelmed with the amount of content in the beta, understandably so to not ruin the actual release. However the first and foremost thing I've had issues with is the Auction House, I'm referring to the gold AH not RMAH (although that needs tons of work as well)

Was curious if any other Gerbils here are in the Beta and would like to get together in a group of 4 to fully try out the Beta. I've ran in groups of 2 at max and would like to see how the game scales with the max of 4 players in it. I've got a list of issues/bugs/requests for the AH to post for a blue poster, but again would like some well rounded opinions. Anyone interested in making the game worth buying once it finally releases, please go ahead and send me a PM.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Re: Diablo 3 Beta - Think Tank?

Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:58 pm

:envious: lucky bastage. :p
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

blorbic5
Gerbil

Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:01 pm

I would love to, just throw a beta key my way. :lol:

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 pm

Ahaha, you wouldn't believe it that not only I got one, but my friend who I was talking to got one about 40 minutes prior to me :|. I'm still attempting to get one for the wifey who has been hogging my account for the beta :).

In all honesty, unless your really worried about figuring the classes out, the beta is ULTRA short.

1600x | Strix B350-F | CM 240 Lite | 16GB 3200 | RX 580 8GB | 970 EVO | Corsair 400R | Seasonic X 850 | Corsair M95 / K90 | Sennheiser PC37x

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:13 pm

I got into beta, played it then uninstalled... The playable part was pretty short (obviously NOT a full game), but what I've seen so far somehow didn't make me feel excited in any way... I had way more fun with every area of "Torchlight" compared to this short beta area... Maybe Blizzard's representative was right:
"So just like, lower those expectations, but still definitely buy the game please, and everything will be just fine. K?"
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

MaxTheLimit
Gerbil Jedi

Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Not a big fan of the changes to gameplay, art style, or design. So I haven't had much interest in getting into the BETA, since I doubt I will buy the game.

Thankfully Pat of Exile has been a lot of fun so far, and I think it will totally fulfill my needs once released in full. It's odd, because I think when i first heard about a diablo 3 game coming out I would have never guessed it would have been made in a way that would make me disinterested in playing it.

crypto
Gerbil In Training

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 pm

i truly would like to play this game honestly and i would most definitely be honored, i have 3 friends playing D3 beta and we also have a vent to truly make a thank tank!! i just need a key my luck has
been horrible in every contest. so far i play diablo 1/hell fire: D2, its a long shot but i thought i would drop a line in hopes to play with you guys.

-C

Welch
Grand Gerbil Poohbah
Topic Author

Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:31 am

Gotta go out and try to get a key. There are only 40 something left of these on the website where my buddy and I got one. Give it a shot if your online during one of their "Active Time Zones"

http://d3db.com/contest/beta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn1TFkGj ... e=youtu.be
Just took this video a few hours ago, appears to be some odd issues regarding the AH. This is just the first one I have found. Planning on having a video detailing (using fraps or something) showing you all of the features, or at this point lack thereof

I have to admit too, I first tried the beta out the day I got the key and was a bit underwhelmed with it. I've been playing lots of D2 in hopes that it would get me back in Diablo mode. The game is different for sure, but not to the point that it wont make a damn good game. The beta is ultra short and it was enough to introduce the characters and the basic mechanics we can look forward to on release.

@Crypto, you guys should throw us the vent info, I still would like to try out the Beta in a full group of 4 people who are all in vent together.

crypto
Gerbil In Training

Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:54 am

YES SIR!! its 1am here ill email you the info here soon.

OMG TYVM AGAIN!