Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Re: Guild Wars 2

Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 am

So yesterday during my trot across Tyria I came across some (some being 2 and both were Quaganns) Karma vendors that were disabled in Spark Flyfenn. Curious I sought out an answer why and couldnt find anything.

Question, if I already have two professions; Jewelcrafting and Weaponsmith can I pick up cooking?
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

lethal
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:01 am

tanker27 wrote:
So yesterday during my trot across Tyria I came across some (some being 2 and both were Quaganns) Karma vendors that were disabled in Spark Flyfenn. Curious I sought out an answer why and couldnt find anything.

Question, if I already have two professions; Jewelcrafting and Weaponsmith can I pick up cooking?

You can by talking to a cooking NPC. If you want to change back to one of your previous crafts, you have to pay the corresponding NPC some amount based on much you had advanced in that craft, but you don't lose the progress you had.
The Internet wrote:
"[The] 360 starts at the factory, moves to retail shelves, into consumer's homes, back to Microsoft. So THAT'S why Microsoft called it the 360...It all comes full-circle ;)"

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:14 am

So my first dungeon jaunt resulted in me getting kicked from the group. Apparently I wasn't knowledgeable enough about the fights that resulted in the ejection. (I guess I was asking too many questions, Like "how do you guys do this fight?") Just when I thought I had left all of that in WoW. Heh.

I still need to do the dungeons......
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

ShadowEyez
Gerbil XP

Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:58 am

Hi all, I'd like to be in the CBE/tech report guild
IGN is Tic Tac Toe, please send invite
The finest tools are forged from the hottest fires

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Invitation sent.

ShadowEyez
Gerbil XP

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks - very fast - I'm in, and look forward to meeting ya'll in game.
The finest tools are forged from the hottest fires

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:44 am

Finally hit 60 last night, haven't had much time to play recently. I spent my 2g on my grandmaster book and respec'd into grenades and Inventions. The grenades are much more fun that what I was playing. I didn't know you threw more with level - it's changed my play-style completely and it's much much more fun now. I was considering playing my alts more but im back to my main for a bit I think.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 am

So i'm trying to plow through to my world 100% but I have to tell you that the cursed shore is a mofo. I think I have died more times there than all of leveling to 80.

I didnt realize until yesterday that after hitting 80 your XP bar kept moving. I also didnt realize that as it did this you were gaining Skill points. I also didnt know that Skill points were another currency.

I do have a complaint, that the tier 3 cultural stuff is way over priced. I just want the look not the stats :(
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:35 am

So I have rediscovered my Guardian this past weekend. I dropped a lot of coin on her for WvW. I have adopted the crithammer build/s. OMG this is so fun. I may not last long but the gist is I charge into a pack drop my number 2, 3, and 4 splitting what ever group is attacking. Then I hope for the best, however, since my number 2 is on a 5 second CD I am able to pretty much spam it.

I am so successful at splitting packs my guildmates are ready to back me up and mop up whats left.

The gear I am using is Knight's exotics with Berserker's trinkets, amulet, and rings. My crit percentage is ~52%. And against players I have seen my #2 crit for ~6K on multiple targets.

I didnt go for Altruistic Healing (where boons I put on players heal me) which would probably help me survive a bit longer.

My secondary weapon slot is a Staff, I pretty much use that for the quickness buff in WvW but its highly useful for events in Cursed Shore where people are farming karma. I have been thinking about switching my secondary to Scepter and Focus or Sword and Shield but I'm not too sure as I havent tried 'tanking' with my current build. I also dont have any long ranged attacks, the staff is medium to close at best, hence the reason I may go with the Scepter and Focus. So I am useless when it comes to defending keeps unless I can man a treb or arrow cart.

I wish that Anet would put the soldier medals you get for kills directly in your pack instead of me having to hunt down the bags that are dropped.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:48 am

GRRR Frack WvW in this game. Until Anet shuts down the ability to hop servers daily WvW is broken.

Henge has been leading since release and now we have seen a huge departure of guilds to JQ and probably others servers too. Terrible foresight on Anet's part. >.<

I guess I'll go play XCom now or even grab Dishonored.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:01 am

I'm about to jump back in more with my Ele, the RL work move is getting to the part where it's moving on momentum. A shame about WvW, but I expected that.
Please don't edit my signature for me. Thanks.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:32 am

At least you guys can play. I overclocked my machine more and ever since then, it starts up the login, then as the character select screen shows up, it reverts to the desktop and tells me that my machine can't run the game due to a hardware problem. Bitch please. It was running at 4.6ghz to start, and memtest86 and prime 95'd overnight. I ran FAH and prime95 WHILE I played torchlight II for a hours without a hitch. My temperatures are great (ambient temp is 65) and the rig is rock solid.

So I started reverting to the clock that last worked (4.2ghz,a nd for the record it never stuttered or crashed at all in game) and it won't work either now. I haven't reverted all the way to 3.3ghz (stock) yet and I don't want to. Their **** start up check is bad and they should feel bad. What company tells you what you can and can't do with your hardware? Very unhappy with ANet at this time.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

people still overclock? :P
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:46 pm

tanker27 wrote:
people still overclock? :P

Considering how ridiculously CPU bound GW2 is, yes. 3.3Ghz - 4.6Ghz is a noticeable frame rate increase, ESPECIALLY in WvWvW.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:10 am

Turns out that the GW2 launcher didn't like something in my tray PROVING that whatever voodoo BS that ANet's launcher is doing at start-up is flaky at best and falsely identifies your cpu/gpu as either overheating or malfunctioning. I was able to play uninterrupted last night for hours while overclocked. It's sad to me that ANet has decided to take such a lousy role in attempting to play gatekeeper. This behavior REALLY sours my view of the company.

SassySusan
Gerbil

Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:34 pm

tanker27 wrote:
GRRR Frack WvW in this game. Until Anet shuts down the ability to hop servers daily WvW is broken.

Henge has been leading since release and now we have seen a huge departure of guilds to JQ and probably others servers too. Terrible foresight on Anet's part. >.<

I guess I'll go play XCom now or even grab Dishonored.

Aggie came up with a plan for WvW last night. Right now we are all on the move to 80 & getting our gear in order for both WvW and Dungeon activites. I don't have much experience in the pvp realm...which is why I didn't do well in Aion. But I am willing to try!

Speaking of WvW...is there a profession that does better than others? (Wondering which toon to level to 80 next.)

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 pm

I got into a great group of very active guys and gals recently. I had more fun in the 2 days in the guild that I have in the entirety. We dominated WvW, and massacred dungeons. So much fun when everyone plays their toons to potential. I hit 80 on my engineer a day ago, and now i'm looking to respec into a condition build so that's fun.

Are you all enjoying the halloween events? It feels like most of the games serious issues have long been hammered out. Looking forward to leveling my alts and continuing to enjoy the content. Gotta farm those badges for exotics!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:11 am

I learned that when "in the heart of the mists" you can actively change your traits, for free, at will. There's also a group of golems that won't fight back and you can equip flat-damage items to theorycraft with and test builds.

I took a full 30 in fire arms so I could trait into coated bullets (they pierce) and the damage is quite nice. I'm running a crit/power/condition build.

33% change to cause burning on crits
Poison
Burning (lasts 20% longer trait)
bleeds from auto attacks, stacks

And with condition food, all conditions last 40% longer. So I can pretty much AoE condition groups of people and man do those DoTs tick hard. I'm running mostly elixirs as my other kits, but I will use grenades from time to time to stack vulnerability quickly if needed, and it gives me another poison, a blind, a slow, cool down increase for who it hits, and a bleed. If it's a boss fight where I can pretty much stand still and nuke, I will actively run an entire rotation through pistol and grenades just to stack the conditions as best I can. I can also kite rather well.

I was looking into the other traits my firepower kit uses, and I have Juggernaut, which gives me +200 toughness and a stack of might every few ticks that I stay in flamethrower kit. Considering it's not even IN the toughness line of traits, I can also spec into that tree if I want. Base of 500 toughness + level + gems. Yikes! Juggernaut indeed! I absolutely love this game, and all the different and interesting builds I can play with.

Been running explorable dungeons to get badges, farming yellows for ectos. It's quiet-er during the week. We're still beating the other tier 1 servers so far. It's been close but we have a really great group that plays when i'm sleeping and they usually clean house.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 am

So we ran ARAH Saturday for the first time. In being fair to anyone who has played this and as much as I love ANet, they REALLY need to fix these later-game dungeons. LOTS of bugs that are game-breaking such when you bring the NPC to another NPC that SHOULD trigger a cinematic and lead to a fight aaaaaaaand nothing. Have to log out, reform the group, try again.

The bosses are incredibly difficult. I mean it took us 40 minutes of graveyard running and coordination to try and kill the common boss in ARAH. A single mistake almost guaranteed death. It was intense and the reward was paltry for the effort involved. I left my group shortly after getting to the next boss which also had buggy mechanics. I'm so jaded from this experience that I think I'll avoid it for a bit. I felt we were well coordinated, and everyone supporting with condition removal and healing and kiting etc, and it was still very very hard. Lots of deaths. I think I'm going to go farm orr for a while and try to bump my gear up to exotic from rares.

The same group of us were playing our lowbies having fun with things like dressing like peasants and only fighting with shovels. Never laughed so hard in my life.

LostCat
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:49 am

have they said any more about the forthcoming dx11 code?

not buyin it till it has it
Meow.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Play for free Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday this week:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free ... ber-15-18/

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:08 am

So the new content, along with major patch changes and the new Fractals of the Mist dungeon content were rolled out recently. I have to say, the fractals are a breath of fresh air. They need some minor tweaking and some are still a teeny bit buggy, but they are beautifully created and a joy to play through. Very fun, and the challenge scales the longer you play which keeps the replay-ability fresh. Another great thing is that it scales the party to 80 if you weren't already. This means some of my friends who were free-to-play this weekend were able to get in and run some fun guild content.

The increased loot/gold for dungeons is also very welcomed and I'm glad they tweaked the Plinks event so it's no longer and 'endgame' thing to do. I have a ton of mats from the dungeons I've been running and I'm looking forward to continuing my toons' progression. I started a necro that I'm fast becoming a fan of. Still so much to do! All the events this weekend were great except for how many people were trying to do them all at once which caused culling issues.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:47 am

Sadly I havent logged in to GW for almost a month now. Work has been hellish recently. I've missed the holloween and this past weekends events. :-?

And now I see that Henge is taking a beating. I really must find a good guild somewhere.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Forge
Lord High Gerbil

Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:34 am

tanker27 wrote:
Sadly I havent logged in to GW for almost a month now. Work has been hellish recently. I've missed the holloween and this past weekends events. :-?

And now I see that Henge is taking a beating. I really must find a good guild somewhere.

Ditto. Pains me greatly, but the work move is completely done, and my new house move will be mostly done this coming weekend, so maybe you and I can tank and level all December long, schedules permitting.
Please don't edit my signature for me. Thanks.

SassySusan
Gerbil

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Forge wrote:
tanker27 wrote:

Ditto. Pains me greatly, but the work move is completely done, and my new house move will be mostly done this coming weekend, so maybe you and I can tank and level all December long, schedules permitting.

Check out the forums on http://www.coldblackeyes.com/forums/. Leave us a message for an invite. Also, there is a meeting next week to plot our course of action for wvw and we definitely need you all!

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Still very much enjoying the game. The fractals are fun and continue to be a challenge as we scale ever-higher in difficulty. I bought a full set of tier 2 (yeah I'm poor) Asuran culteral armor, looks like steampunk ironman costume, I like it. I'm getting a bit more into WvW but the issues with culling are still game-breaking in my opinion.

Today Anet announced fixes for engineer kits and weapons so that the kits will reflect the pistol/rifle stats AND sigils for kits. Gah, kit-sigils are going to be OP as heck. Sigil of earth on a flame thrower anyone? Sigil of power on nades? OUCH. Can't wait! If anyone is looking for a home still, feel free to shoot me a PM.

HangTen
Gerbil In Training

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:01 am

Hi. I'm new. I've read TR for years but now I need some help.

I just started GW2. Woah, too much. I played GW1 from the beginning, but the user interface and missions in GW2 are totally different.

I realize it's been ages since the game launched. Is it still worth starting?

Might anyone here or in CBE like to help a total noob out?

I have a hundred questions, despite reading many online tutorials and walkthroughs, so if you're willing to help prepare to get your ear bent. :-)

First question:

Before I bought the game I looked at a few (maybe a few hundred) screenshots. One particularly intrigued me.

Woah. What the hell is that!?

A long time ago I played Asheron's Call. During the opening week, in one town, this gigantic monster attacked. It was level 2500 or some obscene number, it stood about 100 feet high, and it wiped out everyone in town several times before we killed it. And it only happened once. I'm wondering if this event with this monster was something similar, a one-time-only game-opening event?

OK, if you'd like to take pity on me and help, please reply here or email me at [email protected]. All I can give you in return is all my consumables. :-)

my specs: Vista, Core i7 940, 6G RAM, AMD 7850 2GB.

JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:44 am

That's a dragon. Once you've made it to that point, you'll be able to try to kill it several times a day.

Khali
Gerbil XP

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Since this topic goes on for 7 pages I did not read the whole thing. I could probably find the answer some where in there but I am going to ask and hope some one will come to my rescue.

I started a GW2 character a while back, not sure which server. Did not get very far and had to stop playing because of health issues and never got back to it. So to my question. Can I delete that character and start another and be able to pick a new server to play on or is my whole account stuck on the server my first character is on? If I can change servers this way what server is the TR guild on? I looked on the CBE forums but there is no sticky with info about the guild and what server its on.

southrncomfortjm
Gerbil Elite

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:17 pm

JustAnEngineer wrote:
Invitation sent.

Is the guild still going? What server? I may have to pick this up to play with you all.
Gaming: i5-3570k/Z77/212 Evo/Corsair 500R/16GB 1600 CL8/RX 480 8GB/840 250gb, EVO 500gb, SG 3tb/Tachyon 650w/Win10