Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: Diablo III

Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:54 am

tanker27 wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised by the rewards from my first Horadric cache for completing 5 bounties. I am kinda excited about capturing the 3 power types in the Kanai's Cube.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 am

Same here. I've got possibly the world's crappiest Kridershot that I could add to the cube and just use any old ancient bow and do way more damage. My monk with Inna/Sunwuko stands to gain the most, as I could put the Incense Torch in the stash, use my ancient Inna daibo, put on my Crudest Boots and stick a Leoric's Crown and a Countess Julia in the cube. more damage, more toughness, and faster cooldowns.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:48 pm

(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:10 pm

Caffeine makes work bearable...
Whiskey makes Diablo bearable...

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:38 am

tanker27 wrote:

Kanai's Cube has opened up the game so much. The next patch (2.4) is in PTR and it levels the playing field for several sets, so lots of playstyles will be feasible. Season 4 is fun (playing a Vyr Wizard at around Paragon 300) but I think Season 5 is going to be really great.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

Duct Tape Dude
Gerbil Elite

Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:43 pm

I just got this game as something new to play with a friend. On my first runthrough,I got a Nagelring (http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nagelring_%28Diablo_III%29), which was kind of ridiculous, especially because I was level 13. The little dudes do a TON of damages, even on the highest difficulty I had available at the time (expert). That ring made for things like this: http://1drv.ms/1HtgbyR

I'm just getting around to playing with Kanai's cube and it's pretty interesting overall. This seems like a nice game to pick up whenever.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:40 am

Heh, yeah, the Nagelring makes for an easy way to crank the difficulty and shoot up to 70 pretty easily. I was using one early on in season 4, until I actually got some decent set items together where I had to get rid of it. I was able to crank up the difficulty and skyrocket to 70 and the first 100 or so paragon levels with it, even though mine was only a "level 20" item. Those Fallen Fanatics explode as a percentage of your damage, so it scales with you.

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Does anyone still play regularly? My buddies I used to play with finally quit playing so I'm out looking for a decent group of people to team up with.

-Philldoe#1216
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:05 pm

Yeah, I still play, but my schedule is weird. Since I spend so much time at my PC during the day, I usually only play in the mornings around 7-9 Eastern time and maybe at lunchtime.

The Legacy of Nightmares set bonus seems pretty sweet if you can get a bunch of ancient legendaries. For now I'm playing the revamped Invoker, just set a personal best in Season 5 - Rank 45 with 8:33 remaining on the timer. The revamped experience is ridiculous - I'm gaining paragon levels like crazy. 217 after like 25 hours on the season.

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:52 pm

I've not bothered with any seasonal stuff. But I did get a full invoker set on my crusader this week. Combined with the legendary thorns gem upgraded to 25... I don't even bother swinging at stuff anymore. If a baddie farts in my directions it just dies. My other toons aren't as geared out. I'm trying to grind out gear for them but it's a pain doing it solo.
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 pm

Gearing up other guys takes time. I can clear 40+ with all of my non-seasonal characters, including 52 on a Wastes-equipped WW barb and a Yang/Marauder multishot DH. The 275 blood shards per GR at that level means you can gear up other guys in a hurry with Kadala, so long as you're not picky about what.

The Legacy of Nightmares change should make getting other chars powerful easier, so long as you can get a few ancients.

I just counted up all the hours on my guys and I have over 1000 hours of Diablo 3 since 2012. It's kind of embarrassing until I realize other people higher up the ladder have significantly more. I don't really even play other games anymore. It's Diablo or Disgaea these days. Either I'm addicted or there's something wrong with me or both.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:49 am

I've been playing season 5 recently, it's a lot more fun with the new patch additions IMO.

It's ludicrous just how powerful some of the class sets have become though - the 40,000% damage impale for the DH class set is, to put it mildly, insane overkill if you're playing with anyone that can do crowd control.

I rocked a lvl 45 GR rift boss in 2 shots last night. I couldn't CC for ****, but anything I wanted to die, died. :lol:
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:47 am

Killing stuff quickly is the ultimate crowd control. :lol:

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:06 pm

What's the big deal with seasons anyway? I have not read up on them but what little I have seen tells me it's just a way to get pets, wings, and bragging rights on a leaderboard. Non of which I care about. I just don't see the appeal of leveling up toons all the time for no real gain.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:24 pm

Philldoe wrote:
What's the big deal with seasons anyway? I have not read up on them but what little I have seen tells me it's just a way to get pets, wings, and bragging rights on a leaderboard. Non of which I care about. I just don't see the appeal of leveling up toons all the time for no real gain.

It's a way to have people experience the game from the start with all of the new content available in each patch. I thought it was stupid at first, but there's a lot of satisfaction in finding new builds/items/etc to roll through levels on various characters in each season.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:44 pm

So no special unique gear or events?

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:17 am

Philldoe wrote:
So no special unique gear or events?

Yes there is unique/legendary gear. With the start of each season there's new gear to be obtained only by restarting. Previous season's unique/legendary gear is then released to the loot pool for older toons, so you can grind them if you like.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:01 pm

Except that they changed it for this year. Because people was quite frankly, annoyed to have to wait months to bring their new gear back into vanilla where they have their main toons.

But you do get a free full class set, and you have specific conquest you can do. And at the higher level of those... each season will allow you to get one extra stashtab up to 10.
ROS owners not doing seasons can only get up to 6 tabs.

That said, for people playing a decent amount of time, or have friends. Leveling a new character is not that bad. 3-6 hours solo, depending. like 20-30 minutes if you have friends powerleveling you and to get you the initial good set gear.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:14 am

tanker27 wrote:
Yes there is unique/legendary gear. With the start of each season there's new gear to be obtained only by restarting. Previous season's unique/legendary gear is then released to the loot pool for older toons, so you can grind them if you like.

Not in Season 5. There are no season-specific items any longer.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1999387 ... 12-22-2015

The first major change is a direct response to popular player feedback, as we have removed Seasonal Legendaries from the game. All new Legendaries included in Patch 2.4.0 will be made immediately available to be found by players regardless of Season participation.

The Invoker thorns set for the Crusader is ridiculous. I'm not even optimally geared and I'm clearing Rank 51 GRs. Once I get the weapon, shield, and cubed weapon I want I should be able to get higher. Weirdly enough, though, folks are really climbing the ladder with the Legacy of Nightmares ring set and a bunch of non-set items. The set bonus looks cool if you can get enough ancient items. LoN plus a bunch of well-rolled items with legendary (orange) affixes attached makes the possibilities seem interesting for sure.

TwoEars
Gerbil First Class

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:20 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
Gearing up other guys takes time. I can clear 40+ with all of my non-seasonal characters, including 52 on a Wastes-equipped WW barb and a Yang/Marauder multishot DH. The 275 blood shards per GR at that level means you can gear up other guys in a hurry with Kadala, so long as you're not picky about what.

The Legacy of Nightmares change should make getting other chars powerful easier, so long as you can get a few ancients.

I just counted up all the hours on my guys and I have over 1000 hours of Diablo 3 since 2012. It's kind of embarrassing until I realize other people higher up the ladder have significantly more. I don't really even play other games anymore. It's Diablo or Disgaea these days. Either I'm addicted or there's something wrong with me or both.

A thousand hours in Diablo 3? Holy hell.

Let me subscribe an antidote for you. Go play "The Talos Principle" and think about humanity for a while.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:01 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
tanker27 wrote:

Not in Season 5. There are no season-specific items any longer.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1999387 ... 12-22-2015

The first major change is a direct response to popular player feedback, as we have removed Seasonal Legendaries from the game. All new Legendaries included in Patch 2.4.0 will be made immediately available to be found by players regardless of Season participation.

Uhh OH WOW, I did not catch that!
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:25 pm

derfunk, what items are you looking to get to go along with your invoker set? I've got the full set along with The Furnace and some other goodies in the cube that make it fun.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Philldoe wrote:
derfunk, what items are you looking to get to go along with your invoker set? I've got the full set along with The Furnace and some other goodies in the cube that make it fun.

Since your attacks and weapon damage are basically gravy and the thorns is meat, get fast attack speed plus extra thorns. That means my main weapon needs to be Hack. I'm using the Pig Sticker right now and it's pretty ridiculous too. Furnace would be a great cube item until:

For the cube weapon I want Blood Brother because of higher block rate (more thorns) plus a big increase in damage for your next attack.

For the shield I have an Akarat's awakening but it has no thorns damage. Every block has a chance to reduce cool down so that means more Iron Skin, more Akarat's Champion, and more Consecration.

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:17 pm

I didn't even know about hack or Blood Brother. I'll be farming for those now that I've looked them up.

Something you may want to look to do is getting Boyarskys Chip to slot into a ring or necklace. I have mine at rank 23 and it's adding 34400 thorns damage alone. My main goals before this build were CDR and hammer spam, but I'm slowly moving my gear to thorns. A good portion of my CDR gear had a lot of Crit Damage so I have a Broken Promises ring to go along with it. I assume Thorns is affected by CritH and CritD boosting stats yes?

EDIT: Unfinished build http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Philldoe-1216/hero/43669954

EDIT2: Bombardment with Spiked Barrels. Very op.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:06 am

Yeah, my Boyarsky is at level 53, definitely worth having. Just wait until you get a Belt of the Trove and you're casting Bombardment every 6-8 seconds. BTW if you want to keep spiked barrels it appears you have to keep Bombardment equipped. I like the horse for mobility but I might switch.

Found a hack but it rolled so poorly I couldn't really use it. Put it in the cube since I still don't have a Blood brother. Now I get the pig sticker attack speed + the 100% extra thorns damage for now. Hopefully I eventually find another hack and a BB and a Traveler's Pledge and who knows what all else, but now I'm up to rank 60. :D

I'm a little fragile, so I'm considering swapping out CoE for the double Unity (since I already have two and the token for my Templar). I just hope I still do enough damage if I do. My other option is swapping the law out for a defensive one.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Evil ... o/71918942

tfp
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:54 pm

Philldoe wrote:
Does anyone still play regularly? My buddies I used to play with finally quit playing so I'm out looking for a decent group of people to team up with.

-Philldoe#1216

I've been playing again lately. West coast about 9 pm and after.

npc
Gerbil

Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:02 pm

i played a lot last month. now i just stare at my armory

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/fake ... o/73208197

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Got bitten by the bug again this season.

Me and a few friends are going for the 1hour campaign sprint next weekend to get our third and final season conquest and finish the season jouney. Group is solid at Sader/Wiz/2xDH where I run UE/DML and the other DH runs a full zoo. Everyone has solo'd a GR72 so we're at the point of diminishing returns now where the only thing left is a third conquest each.

If we fail the 1H sprinter conquest, the alternative is to mash through GRs for a while collecting set items and powerlevelling each other's alts. The Sader and the Wiz will feed us DH's their drops and vice-versa so that we can master the set dungeons for six sets conquest. Which is a bit lame, but a day's work at most with the ability to farm 500 legendaries and 16000 shards and hour between us.
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

npc
Gerbil

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:42 pm

i read set dungeons allow coop to help

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:57 pm

They do but you probably don't want it. The Invoker dungeon, for example, requires that you use both Consecration and Iron Skin while killing the elites, and you have to get stabbed by like 75 goatman spears. If you have help and people wipe all the mobs before you get poked, or if a friend kills an elite, that's bad news. At best you'll "get through" it, but you definitely won't master it.