Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Re: Diablo III

Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:41 pm

I'm finding at 70/20 I can barely keep up towards the end of Master: Act V. I might have to grind a few levels before I beat the big bad. It's fun to grind Paragon since then all other characters get a "free" bonus. My level 8 crusader gets to use the 20 paragon points.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:13 am

So my monk is 70 with 200 Paragon PTS, and man Master mode is kicking my butt. It seems that RoS favors the ranged classes a bit too much. In fact I was unable to kill Malthael by myself and need a group to do it and I switched to healing and just healed. And I am no slouch to gear. I found some great 1H legendary weapons, a helm, a ring, and pants for him all level 70 stuff and still I die. Granted I have seen monks with 1million dps and I am still at only 800K. :/ It seems that is the mark you want to attain for Torment <II in RoS......1Million DPS.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:40 am

So, uh, the game is playable at 1366x768 on the HD4000 but I'm going to wait until my new video card comes. Got a GTX 760 on Amazon that will hopefully be here by the end of the week.

Y'all playing on Torment are a fair deal past me. I'm only playing on Expert and still die a fair amount.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:56 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
Y'all playing on Torment are a fair deal past me. I'm only playing on Expert and still die a fair amount.

No, I have dialed it down to Master until I can comfortably farm Act V content with minimal deaths. And the key indicator to that is whether I am able to solo Malthael, and as of right now that just isn't possible. I am able to do vanilla D3 on Torment II comfortably but to jump to Act V at that level is an instant and repeated death sentence. The difficulty ramps up quite a bit in RoS.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:08 am

What is Torment II ? Is there a 2nd harder version of Torment? What is RoS?

I just got to adventure mode last night and will try that out today, hopefully.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:23 am

When you select Torment as the difficulty there is a slider that goes from I to VI.

RoS is Reaper of Souls, the expansion.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:00 am

What level can I increase the difficulty? Expert as a first-timer is a cake walk. I'm coming from Hardcore-Invasion Path of Exile and I've played pretty much every other hacknslash under the sun. I feel too strong as a wizard right now. I regen so much health and 'mana', with a Templar companion tanking for me. I can nuke most things - I am enjoying using my lightning with the Prodigy passive to give me limitless resource, and I spam my arcane torment? I can't recall the name, it looks like a bunch of little missiles. I usually stack that with meteors and my storm aura for extra kite dps. Sometimes a beefy blue or some boss-ish mob will live long enough to get bopped a little harder. I'll probably spec into some form of teleport plus the cooldown once I have gear that gives me enough resource to not need to worry about the regen on it.

I would like to see build diversity because I'm told endgame ice orbs is all I'll be using. That gets boring real fast. I like abilities that modify other ones like the tornado that increases fire damage, that's fun and interesting to me for a time. We shall see. Probably going to get this guy towards end-gamish content before I start a new one. Wish I had more time to play, but that's what weekends are for...

Edit: If you want to add me in game, I'm BoneNasty#1683 IIRC.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:18 am

If Expert is easy then bump it to Master, if that's easy too bump it to Torment I. Like I said the balance is a little off right now and it favors the ranged so you'll have an easier time at most fights than a melee would.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:01 am

I've just got to say that while the Crusader is a very fun class to play at higher levels it becomes very frustrating. I either can become the un-killable turtle with great AOE every 30 to 60 seconds, or I can be the all out no survive-ability one. There is no in between. I have to question Blizz on this class.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:53 pm

When does this effect start taking place, tanker27? I.e. what level is high level?

I don't have the patience right now to level other than my main past 60. it takes a while to get gear upgrades at 70.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:12 pm

I hit the "wall" on the Crusader at around 61. I spent two days trying to find some type of spec to fit my play style. Reading the Blizzard Forums and Reddit

Tonight I finally found a spec that works for me and melts elite packs. It's a little unorathadox but it works. I'll post the spec in a bit.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Hawkwing74 wrote:
I'm finding at 70/20 I can barely keep up towards the end of Master: Act V. I might have to grind a few levels before I beat the big bad. It's fun to grind Paragon since then all other characters get a "free" bonus. My level 8 crusader gets to use the 20 paragon points.

I must be doing something right because I just beat the game on Master at level 64, zero paragon points...and I wouldn't say I'm particularly good at it.
Victory requires no explanation. Defeat allows none.

Starfalcon
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:16 am

A lot of it depends on the gear that you get to drop for you. I got the cameo neck at 59 that lets you absorb arcane and it heals you, make those arcane mobs laughable, where as my other toons get exploded by them. I also got lucky and got a legendary ring that gave me a free set bonus , and I already had a 2 piece blackthorns set, one more piece if I get lucky enough and I will get the 4 piece that lets you take zero damage from all ground effects yay. Make farming rare and elite packs much easier.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:16 am

So my Crusaders spec is:

LMB: Slash w/ Zeal
RMB: Fist of Heavens w/ Heaven's Tempest
A: Consecration w/ Shattered ground
S: Condem w/ Unleashed
D: Laws of Hope w/ Faith's Reward
F: Akarat's Champion w/ Rally

My Passives are Holy Cause, Righteousness, Renewal

Most of my damage is Holy right now because I found a legendary that does Holy damage.

Link to my character

Also I am following this when it comes to gearing:

Crit DMG > Crit Chance > STR > CDR > % ELEM DMG > % Skill DMG > Vit > All Res > IAS

Also I am sticking to 1Hs because I find they do work better than 2H. While the damage sheet leads you to believe that 2H do more damage its simply not the case.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

StaticFX
Gerbil

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:19 pm

1) saying the game is for ranged, isnt really true.. I do fine with my monk on t1 and t2.. t3 is hard solo...

2) Did you have to re-spec the crusader after the last patch?

I have been mostly speed farming with my DH on normal for legs and such.. its fast with 615K damage and strafe lol

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Hey guys, I've got a TR clan set up. I've already got a couple people added to the group who are looking to play with other members of the site but we can't do that without the rest of you in the clan. Just add me in game as Philldoe#1216 so we can get some TR groupies playing together.
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

StaticFX
Gerbil

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:24 pm

already in a clan... how about a community?

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:17 pm

Okay, the online nature of this game didn't bother me before, but today it took the cake.

I was on an EPIC run in Adventure mode at Torment I. I was just about to start my fight with Diablo, the last bounty of the chain. What happens? I get disconnected.

My internet connection never skipped a bit, this was totally on Blizzard's end.

The result? 3 wasted hours. Thanks Blizzard.

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:49 pm

Talk about unnecessary, too. I could understand the always online nature when they were trying to make the AH (and RMAH) a thing, but now the only reason to require any connectivity is saving characters and connecting abilities among said characters...and none of that should require an always online connection. A periodic check in should be good enough.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:41 am

Talk about string of luck and bad luck at the same time. Yesterday I was able to farm a Thunderfury with a great roll, Holy damage, STR, and Socket; a Fate of Fell with an awful roll, no main stat, no socket, it had IAS, CritDam, health on kill; and finally a Mortal Drama that was even worse than the FoF. Both FoF and MD were trashed for mats. I also got a Grandfather and some other 2H hammer yesterday.

Still hunting for the Shield of Westmarch. If I can get that the current Crusader build I am rocking would be unstoppable. Right now my build consists of Justice w/ Crack and Fist of the Heavens w/Divine Well. Combined with the Thunderfury proc is more ranged than anything. However I went with mostly critdam and Critchance for this build. I also thrown in +Holy damage on my gear. The crits and procs are crazy insane, with Akarats up I can easily crit for 5-7 million on Thunderfury procs and 10+ million on FotH drops.

There's another build I want to try out that's a block build that only needs a Jekangboard and Reapers wrap. It uses Punish w/fury and Blessed shield w/Shattering Throw. I have the reapers wrap that rolled awesome and and a poorly rolled Jekangboard that I got right at 70.

So in all I cant get gear to drop but I sure can get weapons.

BTW in case you havent heard, it is better to do Bounties than rifts right now because bounties are dropping Legendaries more than rifts. It is going to be hotfixed at some point, might be today even.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:16 am

Waco wrote:
Okay, the online nature of this game didn't bother me before, but today it took the cake.

I was on an EPIC run in Adventure mode at Torment I. I was just about to start my fight with Diablo, the last bounty of the chain. What happens? I get disconnected.

lol were you there for launch? You would have never ended up playing probably.

I remember staying up until 2 AM and then battling! battle.net trying to get connected for like three hours. It was awful, but at the same time pretty much what you should expect from any big Blizz release.
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:55 am

I had a fun find. A legendary with -14 level, not quite an upgrade for my main. So it's useable by lvl 56. I gave it to my Barb with a flawless imperial gem and he is roflstomping now. Before, he was a cripple so this should make him more playable to 70.

I got one for my 61 demon hunter too, a lvl 70 yellow with -22 level req.

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Waco wrote:

Allow me to be frank with you: if a bounty run takes you 3 hours, then you're either doing something terribly wrong or that difficulty is not for you yet.

3 is the number of complete bounty runs one should be able to do per hour.

credible
Gerbil XP

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:08 pm

I was getting all ready to restart my adventures in Diablo since I had stopped playing wow, for good,lol.

Only thing is I promised the little woman that I would put down hardwood in the living room/dining room and I'm like, thats great, I want that as well and I'll get to play the game with no nagging, perfect except for the table saw that almost cut of the tip of my left index finger,lol.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:12 am

Meadows wrote:

Depending on the goal., if it's Rift keys you're after than bump it to normal and you should be able to complete the whole map in about 90 min solo. If its Bloodshards you're after then the highest level you can tackle, the same goes for Legendary farming.

Personally I have a better drop rate of legendaries and set items while doing Bounties than Rifts.

So someone tell me the reasoning to race through dungeons while in a group? I've been in Rift groups where people ignore chests and weapon racks even buff cauldrons and pillars, just moving from elite to elite. During those runs I Rarely find a legendary. Its only when I ask the group can we do full clears of a level before moving on do I see multiple legendaries drop. I have found legendaries in chests, lowbie mobs, and weapon racks; not just on elites or even the Rift boss.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

StaticFX
Gerbil

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:10 am

Waco wrote:

THREE HOURS TO COMPLETE a T1 run? you are running way above your ability... It should never take that long.

Unless I am trying to farm certain items - I do speed runs with my DH on normal. I can clear the rift in like 10 minutes.. and the bounty runs in like 15 or so each (if I am clearing and getting chests etc) You get legs and keys easy. The only benefit of Torment is the xp/gold and some legs only drop in t1+ (or uber keys) otherwise.. run normal or hard till you have better gear.
My DH is at about 730L damage but only 2.5m toughness lol - so hes perfect for this.

Waco
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:50 am

Meadows wrote:
Waco wrote:

Allow me to be frank with you: if a bounty run takes you 3 hours, then you're either doing something terribly wrong or that difficulty is not for you yet.

I agree that I was over my head - I was doing it because I knew I was under-geared for that difficulty. It was fun...until all progress and hope of a good reward were snuffed.

PetMiceRnice
Gerbil XP

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:17 am

superjawes wrote:
Talk about unnecessary, too. I could understand the always online nature when they were trying to make the AH (and RMAH) a thing, but now the only reason to require any connectivity is saving characters and connecting abilities among said characters...and none of that should require an always online connection. A periodic check in should be good enough.

I personally have not had any connection issues to date but I agree 100% with this.

PetMiceRnice
Gerbil XP

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:28 am

I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore Diablo player (or gamer in general), but I have been playing the games since 1997 and consider it to be one of my all-time favorite franchises. Once in a while, I will even dig out the original Diablo and Hellfire expansion pack for kicks. I remember being so addicted to the original Diablo when I first played it in '97. Oh my Lord, the hours I put into that game in the first month...

So far I really like Reaper of Souls. As I'd said before, I decided to start all-new characters after the expansion came out. It helps that I bought a new computer that could actually run the game reasonably well the week before the expansion came out. Right now I just have a witch doctor and he is at level 65 right now about halfway to level 66. I was playing on normal difficulty for about the first 14 levels or so but found it too easy so I moved it up to hard. Once I got somewhere past level 40, I found myself moving it up to expert although realistically I probably could have done it sooner. On expert difficulty, I was able to defeat both Azmodan and Diablo without much problem at all and now I find myself in Act 5 for the very first time. I find myself able to handle expert difficulty fairly well but have gotten into the odd difficult situation.

With vanilla Diablo 3 before the new loot system, I found the game was much tougher which makes me wonder at times if the new loot system is perhaps a bit too generous. I could be wrong and some of you might be right to say that the game favors ranged characters in it's current state but I haven't started a melee character yet. All that said though, I am having a blast with the expansion (it is just plain fun) and look forward to Adventure Mode for sure.

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:21 pm

tanker27 wrote:
Meadows wrote:

Depending on the goal., if it's Rift keys you're after than bump it to normal and you should be able to complete the whole map in about 90 min solo. If its Bloodshards you're after then the highest level you can tackle, the same goes for Legendary farming.

That's beyond ridiculous. I play on Torment I to farm rift keys and I complete a full run in about 10-15 minutes. (20 minutes tops.) What the hell are you people doing that it takes hours? You are not prepared.