Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Re: Diablo III

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:15 am

Hawkwing74 wrote:
Is there a way to tell for sure that items are selling that high? I agree with you, it's madness. The forbes article I linked said supposedly professionals (doctors, lawyers) have tons of money and very little time. But if they have such a small amount of time to even play the game, what is the point of buying uber gear?

As of right now, no. Everything I have heard is conjecture and stuff like "I heard from a friend of a friend that {X Item} sold for {x amount}". Honestly I dont think high priced things are selling, stuff around $5 and below are probably selling the most.

I also dont think Blizzard will ever tell us if things that are priced at $100+ are selling. Even if they do or someone says they have sold something that highly priced, just like the meme says, screen shots or it didn't happen.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:30 am

All the fun in crafting is gone now. I can get yellow items with sockets on the AH at around 5-6k and my level 40 monk has a DPS over 1300 and life over 8k. Why would I bother "gambling" by salvaging from magic items and getting +x random attributes when I could just buy the ones I need for around the same money? (this is all considering I'm selling my magic junk instead of salvaging, and Im' not spending money on enchants).
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

lilbuddhaman
Gerbil First Class

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
All the fun in crafting is gone now. I can get yellow items with sockets on the AH at around 5-6k and my level 40 monk has a DPS over 1300 and life over 8k. Why would I bother "gambling" by salvaging from magic items and getting +x random attributes when I could just buy the ones I need for around the same money? (this is all considering I'm selling my magic junk instead of salvaging, and Im' not spending money on enchants).

It's funny that you aren't even at max level, and are having the same issues that plague the "end game" but at an exponentially higher level. At level 60, the majority of gear costs 60-200k just to craft. And that is no guarantee of it being "good" stats. It's not a gamble, its downright stupid to even try unless you truly have gold to throw away.

p.s.
Enchanting isn't in the game, was cut, I assume so they have content for the expansion.

---------

but honetsly $100, $200, $1000 dollars for an item! That is not justifiable in any shape or form.

Max sell price atm is $250.00

Doubt stuff has sold for over $100

I've seen multiple items "sold" on the RMAH well over the $100 range, as well as screeneis from people on forums. People really are that lazy / stupid / crazy.
I am jaded. I am cynical.

ChronoReverse
Gerbil Elite

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:59 am

Yeah, crafting is completely useless right now with the exception of a few special legendaries.

The 1.0.3 patch is supposed to bring costs down significantly though so I've been holding off upgrading and using the blacksmith until then.

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 am

I've yet to see a crafting pattern for anything other than the staff of herding.
Are patterns "learn once, craft many", or are they just drops that involve you having to spend a load of gold and materials crafting before you can collect your item?
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

Jason181
Gerbil First Class

Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:28 pm

Chrispy, yes they are learn once and craft many. I've run across 4 or 5 so far, but I have over 200 hours in.

lilbuddhaman
Gerbil First Class

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:58 am

There are leaked "patch notes" which detail various changes. At level 60, the costs for gem combining are virtually the same (but down to 2 gems I believe), and the costs for Blacksmithing the 61+ ilvl gear is almost unchanged (15% cheaper?). The bigger change is the nerf to Increased Attack Speed, which is being retroactively HALVED across the board.

p.s. I'm up to ~$75 sold in items on RMAH.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:04 am

lilbuddhaman wrote:
p.s.
Enchanting isn't in the game, was cut, I assume so they have content for the expansion.

I used the wrong word. I just mean I'm not spending gold on Haedrig to make me new armor/weapons with random skills when I can spend not any more at all (or even spend less) and get the stat boosts I want on the AH.

Finished Nightmare last night. Got my ass kicked very early on in Act 1 of Hell by a yellow mob that kept putting up some sort of force field. This is gonna be fun. :lol:
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:17 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
Got my ass kicked very early on in Act 1 of Hell by a yellow mob that kept putting up some sort of force field. This is gonna be fun. :lol:

Mobs/ elite packs that use the force field in Hell and Inferno need to be tuned better. While I know the FF fluctuates between the elites and the minions where there is always one thats unshielded, however, the Shield stays up for way too long. Longer than 120Sec in some cases. In Some cases when I have come across a Elite pack that uses the shield I have had the fight last longer than 5 min.

So whats the worst combo I have encountered? Its going to have to be the Shield, Fire chain, and poison (fire) pool group. As a melee this combo is almost always death unless you kite and kite far.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 am

This was a shield/lightning group so when I COULD hit them, they were killing me with lightning... :lol:

Doesn't bug me, I'm enjoying the fact that there's a challenge. Act 3 and 4 of Nightmare I died a few times but not too bad, but I think I have already died as many times in Act 1 of Hell, and I only have made it to the ruins of Tristram. Addictive as hell, too. I just need to get my DPS and life up a bit. I'm at 2100 DPS and 16-17k life. I'm not getting one-shotted, but 2 shots from elite mobs and I'm dead. I kill normal mobs pretty quick but again, the elites take a while.

thecoldanddarkone
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:33 am

derFunkenstein wrote:
This was a shield/lightning group so when I COULD hit them, they were killing me with lightning... :lol:

Doesn't bug me, I'm enjoying the fact that there's a challenge. Act 3 and 4 of Nightmare I died a few times but not too bad, but I think I have already died as many times in Act 1 of Hell, and I only have made it to the ruins of Tristram. Addictive as hell, too. I just need to get my DPS and life up a bit. I'm at 2100 DPS and 16-17k life. I'm not getting one-shotted, but 2 shots from elite mobs and I'm dead. I kill normal mobs pretty quick but again, the elites take a while.

If your act 3 or 4 on nightmare your probably in your high 40, low 50's. I suggest you buy a -lvl requirement 60 weapon off the ah. I purchased a couple for friends of mine. A couple 400-500 dps 100-200k weapons can make all the difference in the world.

As for the ias nerf, it needs to happen.

(so I can't read, I suggest you lvl, since you can't even go into hell until your lvl 50)
I7 4930k, 32 GB Ballistix DDRL3@2133 , 1.2 TB Intel 750 AIC, 500 GB mx200, Sapphire R9 Fury, asus x79 ws, HP ZR24w, edifier s730
HP Pro x2 612- i5-4302Y, 8 gigs of memory, 256 ssd

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:38 am

Yeah, I just hit 50 right before I beat Diablo in Nightmare.

allreadydead
Gerbil

Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:30 am

tanker27 wrote:
derFunkenstein wrote:
Got my ass kicked very early on in Act 1 of Hell by a yellow mob that kept putting up some sort of force field. This is gonna be fun. :lol:

Mobs/ elite packs that use the force field in Hell and Inferno need to be tuned better. While I know the FF fluctuates between the elites and the minions where there is always one thats unshielded, however, the Shield stays up for way too long. Longer than 120Sec in some cases. In Some cases when I have come across a Elite pack that uses the shield I have had the fight last longer than 5 min.

So whats the worst combo I have encountered? Its going to have to be the Shield, Fire chain, and poison (fire) pool group. As a melee this combo is almost always death unless you kite and kite far.

ranged monsters with invulnerable minions+mortar. You cannot kill adds, they are immortal. You go for the boss and others just go back a bit and rain fire non-stop on you....
[email protected] GHz, Noctua C14 to keep it cool, ASUS Z68-V PRO/GEN3, 2x4 GB DDR3-1600 G-SKILL RipjawsX, EVGA GTX970 SSC+, Seasonic X750W (no coil whine, yay), 1x256GB Samsung 830 SSD, 2xSamsung 1 TB RAID 0, 1x2 TB WD Green, NEC 7173-S, Enermax Chakra

yogibbear
Gerbil Elite

Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:34 am

I got to Act II Inferno with my Barbarian. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PROGRESS in group mode. I get 300ms ping from Australia (stupid US servers) and [note: CS in the US is only 180ms ping for me... so Blizzard's servers are whacked]. The only way to progress is to buy gear off the gold auction house for > 5 million an item as I need + str, + vit, + all resist, + something else that is useful. Without +all resist everyone kills me. I get maybe 100k from one butcher run and most of the drops are worthless or sell for less than 50k.

Have tried multiple builds to progress past elites in Act II inferno but it is just impossible.

Got me from beginning to end of Act 1 Inferno:
Cleave (rune with +156% dmg)
Revenge (provocation)
Warcry (+all resist)
Threatening Shout (+mf)
Leap (+100% stun)
WoTB (insanity)

Best so far for Act I inferno Farming + Act II Progression, but my gear isn't good enough from just general butcher farming (killed him 10 times now on Inferno):
Frenzy (+sidearm)
Leap (+300% armour)
Furious Charge (+hp)
Overpower (+CA) [put this as right mouse button, but could put furious charge instead]
Ignore Pain
WoTB

Passives:
Tough as Nails
Berserker Rage
Weapons Master

Farm mode:
Swap Tough as Nails for Ruthless.
Core i7 4770K | eVGA GTX1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | 16GB DDR3 2133mhz | Asus Z87-PLUS | Corsair HX650 | Fractal Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Windows 10 x64

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:33 am

thecoldanddarkone wrote:

As for the ias nerf, it needs to happen.

Why? Its not like we are PvPing. Its all PvE. We all know IAS is a good stat to stack, it not like its a secret. Heck people who even take advantage of this advantage still cant clear Inferno in some cases.

allreadydead wrote:
ranged monsters with invulnerable minions+mortar. You cannot kill adds, they are immortal. You go for the boss and others just go back a bit and rain fire non-stop on you....

As a Monk I dont find the mortars much of an issue. I close the gap because the do have a min range.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

Chrispy_
Maximum Gerbil

Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:50 am

The worst combo we've come across so far was a blue champion pack of sand leapers in the ActII tight sewer corridors on inferno; The sand leapers have very high burst-dps, they hit-and-run by leaping around the screen and they're naturally one of the fastest (if not THE fastest) mob in the game.

Molten: With these things leaping EVERYWHERE and running around in a tight space, the entire floor of the sewers was molten.
Jailer: The last place you want to be trapped is "standing in a 10K damage/second firepool, with 15K/hit mobs leaping onto you to beat you in the face"
Vampiric: Not normally a big deal, since your dps normally outweighs their regen.
Extra health: I think vampiric must be a % life return per hit. Three of us cornered one and stunlocked it as much as we could before our survival cooldowns ran out. It seemed to get a lot of health back (perhaps 100K) per hit. Either that or the vampiric affix takes the molten damage into effect too, and we had no choice but to stand in it.

I'm sure there are worse combos, but we had to fling our corpses at these things for about half an hour to kill one, at which point there was finally some floor that wasn't molten.

What's your worst combo so far?
Congratulations, you've noticed that this year's signature is based on outdated internet memes; CLICK HERE NOW to experience this unforgettable phenomenon. This sentence is just filler and as irrelevant as my signature.

lilbuddhaman
Gerbil First Class

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:35 pm

Some ideas for balance of the affixes without ruining them (choose one from each):
-Invulnerable minions
a. have no collision detection so you/your projectiles can run through them
b. do only 25-50% of their normal damage
-Jailer
a. All damage is reduced by 50% while jailed
b. You're invulnerable to all attacks except for melee while jailed
-Vortex
a. You are no longer stunned for 0.5-1s while being vortex'd
b. You are immune to all damage for 0.5-2s after being vortex'd
-Molten / Desecrated
a. Reduce time it stays on ground
b. Adjust enemy AI to not take an extra step towards you/around you (thus causing melee to be sitting in the puddle)
c. Adjust the rate of damage to be ~2s between ticks (If it's molten for example, the ground would be lava looking, but every 2s it would spurt up which would be when it would tick
-Teleporting
a. Mobs are no longer halfway through a melee swing upon finishing their teleport
-Fast
a. can no longer be attached to already fast mobs
-Mortar
a. Increase flight time of mortar by 1s
b. decrease AI's ability to "lead"
c. decrease number of mortars each mob throws out at a time
-Missile Dampening
a. Increase frequency of this modifier, I see it maybe 1 in 100 elite packs
-Reflects Damage
a. Mobs with this modifier have doubled Life Leech / Life on Hit applied to them. (This requires the player to have at least SOME life on hit / leech, but not be forced to gear specifically for it)

-Remove Soul Rippers (and all other off-screen insta-kill ability mobs) from the game completely. Seriously stupid, unfun, unavoidable mechanic.

ChronoReverse
Gerbil Elite

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm

yogibbear wrote:
I got to Act II Inferno with my Barbarian. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PROGRESS in group mode. I get 300ms ping from Australia (stupid US servers) and [note: CS in the US is only 180ms ping for me... so Blizzard's servers are whacked]. The only way to progress is to buy gear off the gold auction house for > 5 million an item as I need + str, + vit, + all resist, + something else that is useful. Without +all resist everyone kills me. I get maybe 100k from one butcher run and most of the drops are worthless or sell for less than 50k.

It's not impossible now that damage has been fixed in group play (it used to increase as the group increased meaning everyone just dies with a single hit). I just finished A2 with a group yesterday and killed Belial easily.

We were a barbarian (me), a monk and a wizard (for DPS). With the combined group buffs that increased our armor, resistances, dodge and regen rate, we made steady way through the act. After killing Belial without any trouble at all we went and tried Act 3.

The first elite mob wasted us until the enrage timer went off and we called it a night lol.

Aphasia
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:11 am

I finished off nightmare yesterday, and was Diablo annoying the hell out of me. Was almost done with diablo NM on the first try and thought... damn, that was easy enough and BAMM, he lunges and grabs me and I die just like that, didnt have time to pop either healing or diamondskin to protect myself.. Took another four tries and mixing up a few abilities before I was into rhytm enough to get him.

So, how close was I when I died on that first try...

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:11 am

Well, according to Rob Simpson (Blizzard's eSports manager who also occasionally does SC2 casting with Day[9] and for MLG) Diablo was slain on Hardcore/Inferno last night. I think that means Diablo III has been solved, at least for one class.

edit: speaking of which, this is roughly my strategy, too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEyk63UaBI4

thecoldanddarkone

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:20 pm

The ias nerf is a huge change. So is the damage that act 2 and 3 do. It's very significant in inferno, I would say about 30-40 percent significant in act 3. I now shoot slow as molasses, and I will now need to buy ias... lol.
I7 4930k, 32 GB Ballistix DDRL3@2133 , 1.2 TB Intel 750 AIC, 500 GB mx200, Sapphire R9 Fury, asus x79 ws, HP ZR24w, edifier s730

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 pm

Wow, I missed the "increase attack speed" nerf. Good thing I'm not relying on any IAS equipment. So they're just cutting it in half on every item, or is the rate of increase just halved? It'd suck if they kept the same percents but your actual damage output was slower.

They also nerfed what I think would be a cool griefing tactic; stuff can't follow you into New Tristram anymore. It'd be amusing to open the game to the public after you led stuff to the spawn point... :lol:

thecoldanddarkone

Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:54 pm

IAS on all items except quivers was nerfed, including weapons (most items I'm seeing half). I think the algorithm is a bit broken though, I heard it was supposed to be half but my 13 ias ring turned into 5, lol. My gloves were halfed, but rounded up, so 9 instead of 8.5 (17ias).

Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:11 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
They also nerfed what I think would be a cool griefing tactic; stuff can't follow you into New Tristram anymore. It'd be amusing to open the game to the public after you led stuff to the spawn point... :lol:

When was that? I trained some Inferno elites (fire chain! yay!) into town in a poor attempt to run away from them just this last weeked. There hasn't been a patch since then, has there?

derFunkenstein wrote:
Wow, I missed the "increase attack speed" nerf. Good thing I'm not relying on any IAS equipment. So they're just cutting it in half on every item, or is the rate of increase just halved? It'd suck if they kept the same percents but your actual damage output was slower.

IAS helps get the DPS up. I started Inferno at 30k health and 6k DPS. After being soundly useless I hit the AH and am up to 16k DPS and can actually contribute damage when playing with the wife (I'm a wizard, she's a barbarian). Inferno is nothing like Nightmare or Hell or whatever the previous one was. Just night and day different. We just finished Act I so we'll see how painful the later ones get.

tanker27 wrote:
allreadydead wrote:

As a Monk I dont find the mortars much of an issue. I close the gap because the do have a min range.

Um, yeah, but the point is that you have to concentrate on the unshielded champion and the shielded invulnerable minions pull out and hit you from a distance. Even if you close the gap, you can't kill the minions because they are invulnerable. Or do monks do something that vortexes mobs in close or something? Then I'd understand the tactic.

Scrotos
Graphmaster Gerbil

Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:47 pm

Oh lord.

DPS dropped from 16k to 12k due to the IAS nerf. Repair bills up through the roof, easily 4x what they were previously. Fun level dropping...

I still don't get why they did that to IAS. Like the bloke says, this isn't some PvP exploit and people were having such a hard time with Inferno already that they made acts 2-4 easier anyway. Ugh.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:59 pm

Scrotos wrote:
derFunkenstein wrote:

When was that? I trained some Inferno elites (fire chain! yay!) into town in a poor attempt to run away from them just this last weeked. There hasn't been a patch since then, has there?

It's in the official 1.03 release notes.

To prevent monsters from being unintentionally kited into town from other areas of the game, portals have been placed at both ends of the bridge from New Tristram to The Weeping Hollow. Towns have always been intended to be a safe haven from combat, and this change will help keep the denizens of New Tristram safe from the dangers that lurk beyond its walls.

The patch came out today, btw, so it was as you said until this morning. Also, farming got nerfed - replaying requests = reduced rewards.

DeadOfKnight
Gerbil Elite

Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 am

Honestly the only things that I think might be actually WORTH real money at the low end is maybe a 100k stack of gold and a couple radiant star rubies for a nice boost to get you started at a fast pace. Even then, you'd be better off looking for someone willing to donate a moderate amount of gold and a few squares. At the high end I could see buying some exceptionally rare items from the RMAH, but only after selling items on there and using your balance and not actually using cash.
Intel Core i7-5775c, Asus Maximus VII Formula, Win 10 Pro
RTX 2080 Ti FE, Corsair 2x8GB DDR3-1866, Corsair AX860
Corsair H105, WD Red 4TB x2, Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Alienware AW3418DW, Corsair 450D

allreadydead
Gerbil

Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:59 am

tanker27 wrote:

allreadydead wrote:

Monk has higher dex, that means lots of dodging. And tbh, mortar becomes an issue with only ranged monsters; the one damages from far and have tendancy to always keep their distance. I just listed 2 properties. It becomes annoying when it also has fire chains, shielding, health link etc..

I have to see how it is now after monster damage/HP nerf tho. And for that to happen, I need my GTX460 back from guarantee procedures.. It died while role-playing gheed on AH :)
[email protected] GHz, Noctua C14 to keep it cool, ASUS Z68-V PRO/GEN3, 2x4 GB DDR3-1600 G-SKILL RipjawsX, EVGA GTX970 SSC+, Seasonic X750W (no coil whine, yay), 1x256GB Samsung 830 SSD, 2xSamsung 1 TB RAID 0, 1x2 TB WD Green, NEC 7173-S, Enermax Chakra

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:40 pm

As a Monk I still get mortar'ed when I'm in big clumps of champions. I don't know that very many of them hit, but I do get mortar'ed. It seems like I dodge quite a bit. But I do get attacked by them.

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, hardcore or bust friends!
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100