Moderators: renee, Hoser

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Re: Diablo III

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Meadows wrote:
tanker27 wrote:
Meadows wrote:
3 is the number of complete bounty runs one should be able to do per hour.

Depending on the goal., if it's Rift keys you're after than bump it to normal and you should be able to complete the whole map in about 90 min solo. If its Bloodshards you're after then the highest level you can tackle, the same goes for Legendary farming.

That's beyond ridiculous. I play on Torment I to farm rift keys and I complete a full run in about 10-15 minutes. (20 minutes tops.) What the hell are you people doing that it takes hours? You are not prepared.

Perhaps they are clearing the entire rift? in about 15-20 mins I fill in the rift progress bar, but as large as some rifts are some people may be clearing them out completely if they say it took them 3 hours.
Last edited by Philldoe on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

libradude
Gerbil In Training

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Philldoe, I just sent you a friend request - Tal#1325 - I have a lvl 65 Crusader, 70 Witch Doctor, and various lower level characters. Would be fun to group with some TR folks!

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:36 pm

libradude wrote:
Philldoe, I just sent you a friend request - Tal#1325 - I have a lvl 65 Crusader, 70 Witch Doctor, and various lower level characters. Would be fun to group with some TR folks!

Added.
Fastfreak39: I feel like they should change the phrase "jumping on the band wagon" to "sailing on the pirate ship"

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:44 pm

So with the patch, they buffed the mechanics of how the wizard's Arcane Dynamo works. Before it proc'd the stacks you built on 5 charges on the first tick or cast of any spell. Now, it gives a flat 60% damage buff to any spell including the full duration of any channel. I tried it today, sure enough, the entirety of my Arcane Torrent as well as Disintegrate and Freezing Ray all stay buffed (individual that is) until I stop casting from interruption or insufficient arcane power.

Total this gives me:

Passives:
[Arcane Dynamo] - +60% flat boost to my next spell
[Elemental Exposure - +20% damage for everyone from elemental exposure
[Unwavering Will] - +20% armor, +20% resistances, 10% damage, unwavering will
[Illusionist] - instant cool-down of teleport, mirror image, and slow time when I take more than 15%

Skills:
[Magic Weapon] - +20% weapon damage from Arcane weapon, force weapon rune
[Familiar]- +10% damage from familiar, spark-flint rune
[Energy Barrier] - +35 armor increase, +25% resistance to everything, prismatic armor rune
[Teleport] - 252% weapon damage + 1.5 second stun, Calamity rune

[Primary: Spectral Blade] - +2 arcane power for cast of siphoning blade, builds stacks for Arcane Dynamo
[Secondary: Arcane Torrent] - +15% arcane damage from the disruption rune

So with that, I also have +15% arcane torrent damage on a few pieces of gear for added face-melting. I REALLY want the Moonward neckpiece, adds 20-25% flat arcane damage increase plus a nice bit of of crit and a unique defensive passive chance.

My basic tactic is to charge my dynamo stacks to 4, Teleport in for AoE stun, 1 more stack via Siphoning Blade, then just channel arcane torrent on myself until everything is dead. Not much has deterred this strategy yet. I have a decent amount of life-on-hit as well which is proc'd by each missile so it keeps me healed enough between pots and my templar when soloing. When fully charged, each missile of torrent is doing about 1.2-1.7 million, and I can throw 10's of 100's of them out in a single channel. I hope they don't nerf this any time soon, seems like an intentional chance :)

EDIT: Of course as soon as I write this up, a level 70 cindercoat drops for me. Well, time to look at fire builds to at least try it :D

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:21 pm

Philldoe wrote:
Perhaps they are clearing the entire rift?

Right after finishing just one bounty round? Why?

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Meadows wrote:
That's beyond ridiculous. I play on Torment I to farm rift keys and I complete a full run in about 10-15 minutes. (20 minutes tops.) What the hell are you people doing that it takes hours? You are not prepared.

The whole map, as in all 5 Act bounties, you do that in 15 minutes in T1.....solo? (No I don't full clear bounties, just run to the target (if I can find it) Kill/clear it and move on.)

As for rifts, I never understood racing through them from one elite to the next, there is still a chance of a legendary dropping from a chest, weapon rack or even a lowbie mob. Because of this I a forgone grouping in Rifts and do total clears before moving to the next level.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:54 pm

tanker27 wrote:
The whole map, as in all 5 Act bounties, you do that in 15 minutes in T1.....solo? (No I don't full clear bounties, just run to the target (if I can find it) Kill/clear it and move on.)

Yes, of course.

I do bounty runs over and over again, and when I have 80-100 rift keys, I turn my attention to rift farming. When I run out of keys, I repeat. I don't play too often, though, I'm only paragon level 152, behind the curve and everything.

DancinJack
Maximum Gerbil

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:04 pm

PetMiceRnice wrote:
I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore Diablo player...

Hardcore or bust!

I don't think I have started a "regular" Diablo character since the very early days of D2. (I know that's not what you were saying, but hardcore diablo is the only real diablo, imo)
i7 6700K - Z170 - 16GiB DDR4 - GTX 1080 - 512GB SSD - 256GB SSD - 500GB SSD - 3TB HDD- 27" IPS G-sync - Win10 Pro x64 - Ubuntu/Mint x64 :: 2015 13" rMBP Sierra :: Canon EOS 80D/Sony RX100

Ardrid
Gerbil

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:08 pm

steelcity_ballin wrote:
So with the patch, they buffed the mechanics of how the wizard's Arcane Dynamo works. Before it proc'd the stacks you built on 5 charges on the first tick or cast of any spell. Now, it gives a flat 60% damage buff to any spell including the full duration of any channel. I tried it today, sure enough, the entirety of my Arcane Torrent as well as Disintegrate and Freezing Ray all stay buffed (individual that is) until I stop casting from interruption or insufficient arcane power.

Total this gives me:

Passives:
[Arcane Dynamo] - +60% flat boost to my next spell
[Elemental Exposure - +20% damage for everyone from elemental exposure
[Unwavering Will] - +20% armor, +20% resistances, 10% damage, unwavering will
[Illusionist] - instant cool-down of teleport, mirror image, and slow time when I take more than 15%

Skills:
[Magic Weapon] - +20% weapon damage from Arcane weapon, force weapon rune
[Familiar]- +10% damage from familiar, spark-flint rune
[Energy Barrier] - +35 armor increase, +25% resistance to everything, prismatic armor rune
[Teleport] - 252% weapon damage + 1.5 second stun, Calamity rune

[Primary: Spectral Blade] - +2 arcane power for cast of siphoning blade, builds stacks for Arcane Dynamo
[Secondary: Arcane Torrent] - +15% arcane damage from the disruption rune

Unless you're forgetting to mention something, Elemental Exposure isn't granting you 20% damage to all enemies. Your build is only rolling 2 elemental types, which only allows EE to output 10% damage (each elemental type adds an additional 5%). At most you're doing 15% if your weapon includes either cold or lightning elemental damage. You need a build with all elements to get the full 20%. I was personally running:

Electrocute [Lightning Blast] - Lightning
Arcane Orb [Frozen Orb] - Cold
Black Hole [Spellsteal] - Arcane
Blizzard [Unrelenting Storm]
Storm Armor [Thunder Storm]
Magic Weapon [Ignite] - Fire

That got me the full 20% (30% total with Magic Weapon). I decided to switch to Magic Weapon [Force Weapon] for the simple reason that 35% (20% +15%) > 30%. I've also replaced Blizzard with Wave of Force [Static Pulse] for the synergy with my lightning skills (which is absolutely nasty when my Thunderfury procs).

Philldoe
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:47 pm

StaticFX wrote:
already in a clan... how about a community?

Done. I now have a TR Clan up for those who don't have a clan, and a Community up for those who do have a clan. Both groups are invite only so please add me in game (Philldoe#1216) and I'll get you added to whichever group you choose.( or both)

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:39 am

I swear this game loves giving me weapons, this weekends haul included two Maximus' that both rolled extremely well almost max STR of 1000 and 1100 and a socket on each. (To think if the AH was still open I would make top dollar/gold for these, But then again since its loot 2.0 I am sure there are others out there that get the same drops) I also got my first set piece for the Crusader....I got the gloves.

My guildmates are in awe of my loot hauls and they want to know what I am doing that's different from them. I tell them "slow down and do total clears in rift levels, open every box, destroy every breakable item just don't rush from elite to elite." Sure it takes me longer than the average joe but I bet I produce more. This weekend I upped my Bounties and Rifts to TII, TI was just too easy now that I have my spec down pat.

I've been playing around with thorns a bit, I have 2 pieces of the Invoker set (shoulders and gloves) which give me 4k thorns. Which is very interesting to say the least.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

PetMiceRnice
Gerbil XP

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:42 am

Funny thing, I moved the difficulty from Hard to Expert with my witch doctor (now level 69 as I type this) and I'm finding that Act 5 is giving me a pretty good challenge whereas I was able to blow through Act 4. I'd say Expert difficulty for my character right now in Act 5 is just right. Anyone have any similar observations? For what it's worth, this is the first time I'm seeing Act 5 and I'm really enjoying it.

jihadjoe
Gerbil Elite

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:52 am

+1 on that. Act V feels really good. I know it's the same engine, but the quality of everything is just so much better it feels like a totally different game.
Mood is properly dark, textures look detailed and even the gameplay is a lot less frustrating than those silly "find x dungeon" stuff they made you play early on.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:11 am

Yeah Act V feels significantly harder than III and IV.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:23 am

I had a good day yesterday, that's for sure. I got a few interesting legendary quality items on my 70 Wizard. Got my Barbarian power leveled from 4-68 in about 2 hours by a friend's 70 DH. He took us through a significant portion of Act I on Torment 6, so much exp heh.

So back to my Wizard, I've been having a hard time finding a spec I really want to lock in build/gear wise. I really like Arcane but then I got a really nice offhand source that lets freezing ray pierce. So I messed with cold spells for a bit, but I just didn't like it. I hear frozen orb is still good despite nerfs but I just don't see it. It's expensive, not super impressive damage, and you need to have the end of the spell near the pack so positioning can be hairy when kiting packs on higher difficulty.

I got that cindercoat drop, which is nice and I have been wearing to mix in some fire damage. I then got an interesting wand that allows the use of 2 hydras at once instead of the normal 1. 2 Mammoth hydras actually does legit damage. I have a damage rating of 516K on my sheet right now, and that damage on each ticks for 1-2 mil per sec, per hydra. Not bad at all considering they can't be destroyed. Helpful too if you can circle-kite tougher packs through the AoE.

Then I got a drop for Azurewrath, with a socket, with a perfect 20% bonus cold damage. It didn't have any main stat on it (Int) so I will be re-rolling that from time to time to try and get it. I got a second Azurewrath drop later that day with a sockey, with 18% cold but with slightly lower base damage but with a ton of INT on it, so it's overall damage was much higher. I re-rolled the cold damage since I don't really like cold spec, and got some more crit IIRC. I'm using this currently, it looks fantastic. I slapped a 120% crit damage gem in that bad-boy.

So as if my day couldn't get any better, I had a lot of blood shards to spend on Kadala. She gave me 2 sets of decent gloves (was trying for magefist) - one set is awesome for tanking, saving for my barb - and the other has really high crit and crit damage, and a fun passive that grants bonus goal for massacre sprees.

Anyhow, I had like 60 some shards left, I figured, screw it, I'll buy 3 amulets. Then, BOOOOM! MOOOOOONWARD I couldn't believe it, I figured it'd be a while before I got this. I didn't get a great roll on the bonus arcane damage, just the minimum 20% (can't be rerolled) but it has perfect crit bonus and 69% bonus crit damage as well (which I will reroll as the max is 100).

So I'm sitting at 55% crit chance. And I can play my Arcane build and nuke things. I'm mostly fine in torment II and III solo. I die, but I can eventually clear without too much of a problem. My Arcane Torrent is doing ~2.5-3.8 mil per missile, and I use black hole to group them, then drop a hydra on them for that Conflag fun for another +6% crit against the pack. It just melts stuff. I can channel that spell for a long time. Not much outside Rift bosses and the really tanky elites can withstand it. I'm going to give Chaos Nexus with Disintegrate a chance later tonight.

I still have a few slots with unremarkable legendary/rare items in them, so I'm slowly looking to replace those too. I have a good group of guys I'm farming II and III on, It's been fun. Looking forward to gearing my barbarian as well.

Just realized I can link my profile, heh. Bonenasty

Meadows
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:45 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
Yeah Act V feels significantly harder than III and IV.

It doesn't. What you feel is the difficulty ramping up from level 61 to 70, which is an order of magnitude steeper than classic ramping. This is to prevent classic D3 demigods from getting a free pass to all new content.

For example, if your character could play Torment on level 60, then he/she will most likely need at least two full gear replacements before being able to do Torment on level 70. However, gear upgrades come slower than that, so when leveling up I recommend not using the top two difficulty tiers.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:54 pm

ok maybe that's it. I played through it with a 60 Wizard (at the start, he hit 68 by the end), it just felt tougher.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.

PetMiceRnice
Gerbil XP

Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:29 am

Great game, I finally finished Act 5 earlier this week with my Witch Doctor and immediately dove into Adventure Mode. It's a blast! Now I am up to Paragon 21 and have gotten a few upgrades to my armor via the Horadric Caches. For what it's worth, I thought Act 5 was decent and wonder what might be in store for the next expansion set. I heard there will be a total of 2 expansion packs for Diablo 3.

Today I created a brand-new Barbarian and immediately went into Adventure Mode with him. I really liked that rather than be forced into playing through the campaign again. I also immediately noticed that the Paragon levels from my Witch Doctor were available to my new character. I assigned the points right away to my liking but I must admit that I would personally prefer it if my characters could individually and independently earn such levels. Anyway, the Barbarian isn't too bad so far, I have him up to level 13 and like it. I think overall that I prefer ranged characters (just my play style) but we'll see how far I take this new character.

However, tonight, I experienced my first-ever server disconnect. I had completed all five bounties and went into the Nephalem Rift with my Barbarian. Everything was fine at first but I soon noticed some odd behavior such as not being able to break things or pick up gold. Also a few momentary "pauses" if I tried to open my inventory and such. I had my progress meter up to about 55% and was in the third level of the Rift when I got the message that my connection to the server had been lost. It was totally on their end, my connection was fine. It kicked me back to the main menu. They could have at least returned my rift keystones back to me but I guess it wasn't all bad since my level and gear was still all intact when I went back into the game.

But other than that, I am having a lot of fun with Reaper of Souls and have no regrets buying it.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:36 pm

I also enjoy levelling through the adventure mode. I did Act 5 with my main, then didn't want to level alts 60-70 that way. Adventure mode is much more varied. My crusader flew through 40-55 with adventure mode and some level req. reduced gear.

For my main though, it's the same issue as vanilla version in the end. It becomes hard to get gear upgrades. It just takes a lot longer to get to that point than before. Not sure how much I want to grind my main if it takes too many runs to get upgrades.

Overall, I'm very impressed with the expansion and hope they do make at least one more.

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Hey Blizzard, thanks that Battlenet is down and there's no offline version!

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:50 pm

I'm currently...in a queue to log in? WTF?

Captain Ned
Global Moderator

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:55 pm

derFunkenstein wrote:
WTF?

Up here just short of Queeb-land, it's qu'est-ce que F, or QQF.
What we have today is way too much pluribus and not enough unum.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:28 pm

QQF indeed.

BTW I got in and the B.net app says they're aware of authentication being slow. But like Hawkwing said, thanks for the no way to play offline version of my mostly single player game

Just as well, no temptation to mod my save file this way. :lol:

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 am

I have a short window between when the kids go to sleep and when I have to go to sleep. Blizzard makes the best games but the control of everything server side is a disturbing future trend.

</first world problems>

Hawkwing74
His Holy Gerbilness

Fri May 09, 2014 8:42 am

My friend is up to Torment II in which he can barely finish bounties. He's not seeing any better drops so far and it takes way longer to do them. So it seems like these upper scales of difficulty really have little added value.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Fri May 09, 2014 9:06 am

I'm playing on Master because I wasn't seeing better drops on Expert, and while I'm not having trouble, it's taking longer and I'm still not getting better drops. I'm sure I'm just one awesome drop away from a huge increase in damage and survivability but I'm not there yet.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Fri May 09, 2014 12:37 pm

I do bounties on Normal, solo. Just to blow through them quickly.

Most of the times I Rift for drops (as you should) I solotII-tIII depending how much time I have and group for TIV+. I also use the Rift it Forward channel. Rift it forward is used predominately by Crusaders because of their poor Single target DPS. The gist is that you solo 90% of the Rift then when it comes times to kill the guardian/boss you ask for help. Then when everyone has left the rift you open a new one for the people that helped you. Sometimes you stay sometimes you dont. Hence Rift it Forward.

Really the only time I ever see it "make it rain" with Legendaries is when I am in a full group, and only if you stay together for multiple Rifts. When I solo regardless of level I average about 1.5 legendaries an hour. Sometimes its more (I have gotten 5 one time) and sometimes less which is none.

Since I am a WoW player too Ive become a RNG conspirator. I tend to think drop rates are also tied to a timer.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus

Fri May 09, 2014 12:56 pm

tanker27 wrote:
I do bounties on Normal, solo. Just to blow through them quickly.

Join the community "Bounty Runz" and self-invite. Hundreds of people doing act 1 solo normals. I get about 6-8 caches in 30-45 minutes.

tfp
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sat May 10, 2014 1:02 am

Philldoe wrote:
StaticFX wrote:
already in a clan... how about a community?

Done. I now have a TR Clan up for those who don't have a clan, and a Community up for those who do have a clan. Both groups are invite only so please add me in game (Philldoe#1216) and I'll get you added to whichever group you choose.( or both)

Just added your id is tfp#1298
Last edited by tfp on Mon May 12, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tanker27
Gerbil Khan

Mon May 12, 2014 6:33 am

So this weekend after 200+ hours on the Crusader I finally got the Gryfalcon's Foote to complete my Ma'shieldgun spec. (which is really the only viable TIV+ spec for the crusader, well one of two)

So how did I make it drop? Well I had a clanmate that has had 2 drop for him already, he doesnt use it but uses the Fate of the Fell build with heavy CDR. His beam has a cooldown of something like 10 sec, which is insane. So I invited him to rift with me and one other who is a Barbarian. I asked that we do total clears even after the rift boss and that I would pay for the rifts. They agreed. We had a lot of fun and then it dropped, not for me but the guy who has already had two of them drop. That lucky SOB has had three of them drop so far! It rolled fairly decent: poison damage, 8% damage, 666 strength, and a socket. Not the best rolls but good enough.

I have to go craft some more Aughilds and Cains pieces to move some stats around. But overall I am happy (to say the least)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')