World of Warcraft

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

World of Warcraft

Postposted on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:30 am

My friend told me to play World of Warcraft but unfortunately I cant understand the way he teaches me to play the game. Can somebody gives me tips or guidelines that can help me to fully understand how to play it?

Thanks in advance!
joseph25
Gerbil In Training

Re: World of Warcraft

Postposted on Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:31 am

"fully understand how to play it?"
Not... readily. MMO's tend to be pretty easy to get into, but get complex awfully fast. There are a lot of terms that are cryptic and confusing to a newbie; perhaps this is making it harder for your friend to communicate ideas to you. Perhaps he's adopting the 'firehose' method of instruction. Without more information as to what your problem is, it's impossible to say much that can help you.

I would suggest googling for resources for newbies. I'd suggest asking specific questions (rather than vague and open-ended like 'Can you help me fully understand how to play it?') on WoW forums.

I guess a couple of obvious questions... have you started playing the game on a new account, fresh installation, with all tutorials and help active? Have you started a character at level 1, i.e., brand new? If you're trying to come in cold to play a high level character on an established account, it'd be tough for you.(I seem to recall Blizzard is now giving out 'free' level 50 characters, but perhaps I misread that news item.)

Make sure your friend enables all help on the machine you're playing on, and start a level 1 character is my advice. Google 'Wow help for newbies' or something like that, and if you have a specific problem, ask on the official WOW boards in the newbie forums.

Good luck!
HolmesIV
Gerbil In Training

Re: World of Warcraft

Postposted on Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:37 pm

You possibly want Noxxic.com
battle.net/wow, which has its own forums
And The existing World of Warcraft thread in these forums.

And Holmes, Blizzard is giving away the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and free level 80 characters, but only through the Recruit a Friend program.

As for general, get into the game advice...play, really. If you don't understand something, ask a friend. I am sure that you can find someone to ask in the game (but probably not Trade). Most of learning the game comes from experiencing stuff, and once you have a working understanding of the general mechanics, using a resource like Noxxic is quite powerful in learning how to play effectively.

And if you're really having trouble, play a super easy class like a hunter or mage.
Damage wrote:Don't try to game the requirements by posting everywhere, guys, or I'll nuke you from space.

-Probably the best Damage quote ever.
superjawes
Graphmaster Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Return to Gaming