Black Mesa Releasing Sept. 14th

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

Re: Black Mesa Releasing Sept. 14th

Postposted on Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:04 pm

drfish wrote:Loving it so far - except for the motion-sickness... :( I don't understand why some games get me and others don't. I've never had trouble with Source a engine game before... :-?

Different FOV, waving during the walk, IIRC these were mentioned as reason in some research papers.

So what do you need to get BM running? HL1? HL1:Source? HL2? Texture packs for HL1?
Core 2 Duo E6300, MSI P45 NEO-F, Club 3D GTX 260, 4Gb DDR2-800Mhz, Audigy X-Fi Fatal1ty Champ1on ed., 0.5Tb+1Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.12, 630W AXP, Samsung SyncMaster BX2450, ViewSonic VP171b
Madman
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Postposted on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Madman wrote:
drfish wrote:Loving it so far - except for the motion-sickness... :( I don't understand why some games get me and others don't. I've never had trouble with Source a engine game before... :-?

Different FOV, waving during the walk, IIRC these were mentioned as reason in some research papers.

So what do you need to get BM running? HL1? HL1:Source? HL2? Texture packs for HL1?

You need a 2007 Source SDK, which will be downloaded and installed (if you don't already have it) automatically if you have Steam. That's the only "extra" thing the installer asked me to install.
Last edited by JohnC on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Make sure you turn off vertical/horizontal bobbing (there are 2 options for it, in game settings, one is a "checkbox" option and the other one is a slider you have to slide to 0) for your character. B.t.w, for some reason the game doesn't seem to "memorize" the setting for horizontal bobbing (at least for me)...
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:49 am

Yeah, Sheldomaus mentioned that too so I'll try that.

I don't think its my screen but who knows.
TR BBQ ~XI~ has come and gone but you can relive it by checking out this gallery!
drfish
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:54 pm

B.t.w, for those who are playing it - be careful and do not rely on the game's "auto save" and instead manually "save" your progress often! Today for some reason the game crashed right when it was in the process of "auto-saving", so I couldn't load the "auto-save" anymore and since I haven't used regular "save" function for several hours - I've lost all that progress...
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Intel Core i7-875K, Asus P7P55D-E Pro, Win 7 Home Premium
MSI GTX 560 Ti OC, Mushkin 2x2GB DDR3-1333, Corsair TX650
Cooler Master Hyper 212+, Logitech Z-2300, ASUS Xonar DX
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, Dell Ultrasharp U2410, Antec P183
DeadOfKnight
Gerbil Elite
Gold subscriber