Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Cyberpunk

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:27 pm

http://www.cyberpunk.net/

I am soo excited for this game. I want it now. The Witcher series (with its many bugs) was phenomenal so I am anticipating Cyberpunk will be too!

(It seems to me that CD Projekt Red is pushing the envelope and picked up where Bioware left off.)
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Arclight
Gerbil Elite

Re: Cyberpunk

Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:38 pm

Looks interesting, but it's a trailer. I got no sense of what the game might be about in single player (well, other than guessing it's set in a future where pleasure robots go insane and massacre people and there is this special team prepped on the clock to solve such incidents) but idk what/if the single player will give you control over a character or the other, idk if it will have a meaningfull multiplayer and lastly you mentioned Bioware......they could make it great or they could pull a ME 3, who knows.

Edit
I posted this after only watching the trailer from the linked posted, i did no research what so ever, maybe some of the questions are already answered. Frankly until i see ingame footage i try not to get too worked up by a game.
nVidia video drivers FAIL, click for more info
Disclaimer: All answers and suggestions are provided by an enthusiastic amateur and are therefore without warranty either explicit or implicit. Basically you use my suggestions at your own risk.

yogibbear
Gerbil Elite

Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 pm

It's likely a 2014 and beyond game so... you'll have to wait a while for in-game footage.

I am SO glad they didn't put dubstep against this trailer and tried something different (even if that something different isn't amazing).

Basically this game is going to be awesome, but I expect the Witcher 3 to come out before it does.
Core i7 4770K | eVGA GTX1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | 16GB DDR3 2133mhz | Asus Z87-PLUS | Corsair HX650 | Fractal Define R4 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Windows 10 x64

tanker27
Gerbil Khan
Topic Author

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm

Appearently there is also a hidden message in the trailer which indicates that The Witcher 3 may be officially announced on February 5th.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!

Dizik
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a huge fan of the genre, so count me in.
Heavy is good, heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it.

Bensam123
Gerbil Elite

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Awww someone beat me to it... Definitely a pretty awesome trailer up on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

Says nothing about the game, but that doesn't mean people can't enjoy a very well done trailer. ;)

NovusBogus
Graphmaster Gerbil

Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:53 pm

This thing is based on an oldschool tabletop RPG and CD Projekt RED is known for top quality so I've got high hopes; they're not in anybody's camp so they don't have to cut corners to satisfy a room full of MBAs. Plus they hate DRM as much as I do which is a nice bonus. I find it highly amusing that playing Deus Ex 3 legally requires logging into Area 51 Steam.