Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

superjawes
Minister of Gerbil Affairs

Re: SC 2 HOTS story discussions

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm

That's kind of my point :wink:

Even if the successor follows in QoB 2.0's footsteps and isn't a homicidal maniac, that doesn't mean that the entire brood will follow her command. And that's not accounting for the primal zerg, either. There are plenty of faction options once Kerrigan is gone.
On second thought, let's not go to TechReport. It's infested by crypto bull****.

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:06 am

I just re-watched the final scene and I noticed that Minsk said to Kerrigan, "Cleary, you are my greatest failure". That gets me wondering. Yes, he purposely left Kerrigan behind on that planet and I always thought it was just because he was a jerk, but now I'm thinking maybe he had intended for the Zerg to infest her after all. He was experimenting with Zerg/Protoss and as we see with Stuckov, Zerg/Terran. So I'm thinking Minsk had the Queen of Blades planned out along.
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

Krogoth
Emperor Gerbilius I

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:16 pm

I always thought that Arcturus wanted Kerrigan to die on Tarsonis, since she was the assassin that killed off his father and mother during the first Korhal uprising (she was conditioned at the time). He figured that the Zerg will do the job, never expect the whole infestation to take place.

I think the the "his greatest failure" part comes from the fact that Arcturus had several earlier opportunities to take down Kerrigan, but never took it. At that point, it is checkmate one way or another. The swarm was already devastating Korhal and Kerrigan was the only thing that is preventing the swam from pulling an Aiur, post-overmind death.
Gigabyte X670 AORUS-ELITE AX, Raphael 7950X, 2x16GiB of G.Skill TRIDENT DDR5-5600, Sapphire RX 6900XT, Seasonic GX-850 and Fractal Define 7 (W)
Ivy Bridge 3570K, 2x4GiB of G.Skill RIPSAW DDR3-1600, Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H, Corsair CX-750M V2, and PC-7B

Sargent Duck
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:06 pm

Krogoth wrote:
I always thought that Arcturus wanted Kerrigan to die on Tarsonis, since she was the assassin that killed off his father and mother during the first Korhal uprising (she was conditioned at the time). He figured that the Zerg will do the job, never expect the whole infestation to take place.

Interesting. This must have come from some of the StarCraft books out there? It would explain much.
No matter how bad the new homepage sucks or how bungled the new management is...

To all the original writers/contributors and volunteers, please know that I have nothing but the deepest love for you and the work you've done.

derFunkenstein
Gerbil God

Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:09 am

Yeah, StarCraft Uprising, which is a part of StarCraft Archive. It's a pretty easy read, and Blizzard considers it canonical.

The biggest thing it explained for me is the supposedly love story background between Raynor and Kerrigan. If you just play the SC1 Terran campaign you don't really pick up on it. Or at least, I don't, even knowing it's there. But it goes a long way to explain his change of heart in Wings of Liberty - once he finds out that he can save her, he'll do anything to do it.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.
Twittering away the day at @TVsBen