Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Postposted on Fri May 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Image[/url]

This game is pretty doggone fun, and humorous to boot. However, as it's been mentioned, the tutorial part was pretty annoying when going back to play the game over. Thank God that they added an option to actually skip cutscenes (Enter AND THEN Escape). The game runs alright, but, definitely needs some optimizations via driver updates. I had to run all of my settings at low to get decent framerate. The game looks pretty much the same going from Ultra to Low. Just add some AA if you must, and SSAO pretty much makes up for low lighting/shadow settings.
TheSurroundGamer
Gerbil In Training

Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Postposted on Mon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm

The humor is extensively groan worthy. And non stop.

I also kinda hate the missions at times.

It was worth $15 easy, but I definately don't love it.
Meow.
Savyg
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Mon May 06, 2013 5:14 pm

I find the gameplay to be enigmatically boring. For me, it is hard to tell what the exact mission is. It also has difficulty saving my progress, despite it telling me that I reached checkpoints. I have reached checkpoints and despite that, I get thrown out when I replay the game later and I have to do the whole game over again with the comic tutorials and all. Targets are very difficult to hit, the main character dies fairly easily and the ammo runs out fairly quickly considering it's supposed to be based off of the 80's where the hero is untouchable and the enemies roll over and die just for fun. Holding E to collect items takes a grueling amount of repetition and patience and is not worth it. At least I knew what I was getting into, but the game play is among the worst I've ever seen for any game.
Star Brood
Gerbil First Class
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Mon May 06, 2013 6:12 pm

The only thing I don't get is the number of times I see that I got Terror 4000 ammo only to have it still be at 0. I assume it needs a patch, but...where's the patch o.o
Meow.
Savyg
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Return to Gaming