STALKER:COP Massive 30+ man multi-year mod

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

STALKER:COP Massive 30+ man multi-year mod

Postposted on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:10 am

This is going to be epic. It's called Misery 2, and is releasing in twenty six hours.

Redone graphics, gameplay, new items, classes, hunting, AI, models, armour attachments, economy, sounds, faction system, everything.

Website
http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-misery

trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA6VjqnJLGE

Anyone who likes stalker needs to check it out. I am going to live in my computer room for the next three weeks playing it.
odizzido
Gerbil

Re: STALKER:COP Massive 30+ man multi-year mod

Postposted on Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:51 pm

This is the first time I ever remember a trailer boring me into skipping sections.
Looks like some of the mods might be cool if I had any desire to go play the game again. But I do not and the trailer did the opposite of what a trailer should do. It took all my good old memories of playing stalker and made me think maybe it wasn't quite as fun as I remembered.
You don't have to feel safe to feel unafraid.
danny e.
Maximum Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:51 pm

I have played over 600 hours of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. CoP with various mods - Complete, SGM2.2, Ferrum. According to Misery page on Modddb.com it is very buggy. I quit playing previous release of Misery 1.2 because it was crashing a lot and due to some balance issues, plus odd zoom in effect.

If you want to experience a truly long and adventurous play through I strongly recommend SGM2.2, it has additional side quests, maps from Clear Skies - Cardon, Swamps, Dark Valley, Red Forrest, Agroprom. SGM2.2 is probably most sophisticated mod out there and remarkably very stable.
Core i7 960 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1.5TB HD | Asus GTX Titan | Dell WFP 3008 30" 2560x1600 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
michael_d
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:40 pm

I dunno Misery kind of is. It's hard I'll give it that but I find it less fun than many other CoP mods.

If you truly want to experience the best Stalker has to offer I would recommend the Soup. There is now a managed version that works very well, but for the balls to the wall crowd the Russian NARODNAYA SOLYANKA is the bomb. It is probably too hard for you ...... mWhahahaha. Where once Dogs roamed Chimeras play now.

NARODNAYA SOLYANKA:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1824863

TecnoBacon's Stalker Soup:

http://tecnobacon.com/

TecnoBacon's will be quite a bit easier to get installed. It is a bit easier in gameplay too, not quite so brutally murderous.
Fuji X-E1 Leica Elmar 135 4 XF60mm 2.4 Macro | Zeiss FE 35mm 2.8
http://carnagepro.com
"Everything ... they eat everything, and fear is their bacon bits."
PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Never played the stalker game's....what's it all about ? Is it just a FPS ? What's special about it ?
2600k HT on@4705mhz 8gb Cas9 1600 mem 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI @1320 mhz core and 2003 mhz mem,mounted in CM HAF922 with a TX-850 PSU 2xHTPC's 2xi3 2120 3.3ghz dual core,1xasus LP HD6570 1xHIS hd7750@1150core1325mem,55"PanyVT30
vargis14
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:57 pm

vargis14 wrote:Never played the stalker game's....what's it all about ? Is it just a FPS ? What's special about it ?

Simply the best combat video game ever made.
PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:11 am

vargis14 wrote:Never played the stalker game's....what's it all about ? Is it just a FPS ? What's special about it ?

-There are 3 installments: original S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow of Chernobyl, prequel S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky, S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat is a loose sequel to original with different protagonist.
- Lots of mods at www.moddb.com/mods
-Open world fps/adventure/rpg.
-The only game I know which attempts to mimic real bullet ballistics.
- Large arsenal of pistols, shotguns, assault rifles, sniper rifles. Different ammo types.
- Weapon and suit upgrades.
-Inspired by the Soviet Stalker film which is based on science fiction novel Roadside Picnic. Unlike the film and novel the game's setting is Chernobyl exclusion zone.
- Some weaknesses: absence of cover system, bugs, cannot prone, right/left leaning and crouch animation is jerky.
- AI varies from excellent to very poor. Enemies tend work as team and can really pin you down and outflank you. Shooting an enemy a long distance does not always trigger enemy's squad mates to be alert and take defensive action instead they approach corpse and loot his possessions. Likewise shooting an enemy at long distance does not always trigger an alert to danger.
Core i7 960 3.2GHz | 12GB RAM | 1.5TB HD | Asus GTX Titan | Dell WFP 3008 30" 2560x1600 | Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
michael_d
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:36 am

There are two crouch position with the second being basically prone. Your steadiness increases with low crouch being more accurate than crouch which is quite a bit more accurate than standing.

The NPC s come in various flavors with an "expert" stalker, with an appropriate weapon, having a 50% chance of a headshot the first time and 100% the second. Yup some of em' are very deadly. Many are not that deadly but it's generally unwise to get into firefights you don't need to get into. The dogs will kill an unwary stalker. ;)
PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:53 am

Sounds like something I should definitely check out, thanks for the information.

What game should I purchase, I would be looking for the best graphics/game play options? I guess the best Mods also.
2600k HT on@4705mhz 8gb Cas9 1600 mem 2x EVGA GTX770 4gb Classified cards in SLI @1320 mhz core and 2003 mhz mem,mounted in CM HAF922 with a TX-850 PSU 2xHTPC's 2xi3 2120 3.3ghz dual core,1xasus LP HD6570 1xHIS hd7750@1150core1325mem,55"PanyVT30
vargis14
Graphmaster Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:28 pm

vargis14 wrote:Sounds like something I should definitely check out, thanks for the information.

What game should I purchase, I would be looking for the best graphics/game play options? I guess the best Mods also.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl:
* My favorite story.
* DX 9.
* Mods - Complete (Graphical enhancements, bug fixes), Priboi Story (completely different story unrelated to vanilla), I tried a few other but did not like them and quit playing.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky:
* Least favorite.
* DX 10.
* I only tried Complete mod.
* Many locations are from Shadow of Chernobyl.
* Faction based.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat:
* I spent most hours playing it.
* DX 11.
* Most stable.
* Completely new locations
* Mods - Complete, Ferrumm, SGM 2.2. These mods are very demanding on hardware. SGM 2.2 has lots more custom quests and locations from Clear Sky, very long, very stable.
michael_d
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Hmm. Maybe I'll reinstall CoP and give it a try again.
Think for yourself, schmuck!
i5-2500K@4.3|Asus P8P67-LE|8GB DDR3-1600|Powercolor R7850 2G|1.5TB 7200.11|1988 Model M|Saitek X-45 & P880|Logitech MX 518|Dell 2209WA|Sennheiser PC151|Asus Xonar DX
bthylafh
Grand Gerbil Poohbah

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Not sure why would anyone bother with creating these mods... I've played STALKER games (finished them up quickly with cheats), thought that they were extremely boring with generic gameplay, generic and annoyingly repetitive soundtracks, horrible accents in in-game English dialogues and bugs galore... Oh, and "Get out of here, stalker!" line repeated bazillion of times was even worse than whatever any guard said in any of Elder Scrolls games :lol: Not surprising that the GSC Game World has dissolved about a year ago...
But oh well, whatever floats other people's boats :wink:
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:57 pm

JohnC wrote:Not sure why would anyone bother with creating these mods... I've played STALKER games (finished them up quickly with cheats), thought that they were extremely boring with generic gameplay, generic and annoyingly repetitive soundtracks, horrible accents in in-game English dialogues and bugs galore... Oh, and "Get out of here, stalker!" line repeated bazillion of times was even worse than whatever any guard said in any of Elder Scrolls games :lol: Not surprising that the GSC Game World has dissolved about a year ago...
But oh well, whatever floats other people's boats :wink:

You cheated at Stalker? My lord that's low. I know it's too hard for you but have a little respect. You have the ultimate weapon, quick save, and you still could not 'play the game'.

Stalker is not like other games. You have things to do and equipment to upgrade. The game starts you off with crappy weapons, poor armor and most of the locals will kick your ass. If you survive this without quitting you can embark on the path to much better weapons, good armor and various useful bits, like night vision. Then you can start your progression to real badass.

I have thousands of hours in the game. I am a real badass but when I started NARODNAYA SOLYANKA it was as if I had never played the game. It's so hard I became a frightened little girl, comparatively speaking, and had to do all my various starting missions as a totally weak, dog bait, fool. I could not have made it if I did not know the game so well.

Unbelievably wonderful game. There is nothing even close.
PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:59 pm

What is the idea behind SGM? I looked at it a bit and saw that it has new(old) maps which is sweet, but I don't know what the feeling is like. Do you have top end gear in 5mins or will you never have enough money? Do you effectively have unlimited ammo? Is it more survival or a run and gun?
odizzido
Gerbil

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:25 pm

PenGun wrote: You cheated at Stalker? My lord that's low. I know it's too hard for you

:lol:
It's not about "too hard". When the game (any game) gets too boring and annoying at some part - I just use cheats to bypass that part as fast as possible and see if it gets better (I don't just "give up" on games completely)... With STALKER - it never did :wink:

PenGun wrote: Stalker is not like other games. You have things to do and equipment to upgrade. The game starts you off with crappy weapons, poor armor and most of the locals will kick your ass.

Oh yea, you are completely right - it is very unique! In other games like Fallout 3 or Witcher 2 you are instantly given all of the maximum upgraded equipment from the very beginning, including armor and perks/skills! :lol:

I am honestly glad that you've enjoyed the STALKER series. I, however, did not. That's all I meant to say :wink:
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

odizzido wrote:What is the idea behind SGM? I looked at it a bit and saw that it has new(old) maps which is sweet, but I don't know what the feeling is like. Do you have top end gear in 5mins or will you never have enough money? Do you effectively have unlimited ammo? Is it more survival or a run and gun?

A lot of side quests that are not related to the main story. You have to earn money and buy/upgrade top gear. The only limitation is weight you can carry. I would say it is more of a shooter rather than survival.
michael_d
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:15 pm

JohnC wrote:
PenGun wrote: You cheated at Stalker? My lord that's low. I know it's too hard for you

:lol:
It's not about "too hard". When the game (any game) gets too boring and annoying at some part - I just use cheats to bypass that part as fast as possible and see if it gets better (I don't just "give up" on games completely)... With STALKER - it never did :wink:

PenGun wrote: Stalker is not like other games. You have things to do and equipment to upgrade. The game starts you off with crappy weapons, poor armor and most of the locals will kick your ass.

Oh yea, you are completely right - it is very unique! In other games like Fallout 3 or Witcher 2 you are instantly given all of the maximum upgraded equipment from the very beginning, including armor and perks/skills! :lol:

I am honestly glad that you've enjoyed the STALKER series. I, however, did not. That's all I meant to say :wink:

Actually the reason most people don't finish it is that it's really too hard. It's not well known but playing on Master is easier than playing at a lower level because Stalker just makes everyone more vulnerable on Master. So although you die easier, so does everyone else.

It's an acquired taste. I quit 3 times in SOC and only after I played COP did I become addicted. Now, since I got over Skyrim, it's the only game I play much. I have Dishonored, Bio Infinite, Borderlands 2 and several others partially played and left out of boredom mostly.

Different strokes for different folks. It's true.
PenGun
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:16 pm

I think the difference is that while you may start out with "bad" gear in something like witcher 2, you are right away able to plow through enemies. Your gear gets better as the enemies get harder. And in some games they just go all out and make the mobs the same level you are.

In stalker, especially in misery 2, you start off really weak relative to the enemies and as you progress through you become relatively strong. It's up to the player to decide if they want to fight a chimera with a corroded AK 74u or try to run away. Or if they want to try taking on that camp of mercenaries with nothing but 40 pistol rounds and a steel helmet or wait until you get some good armour and a good long range weapon.
odizzido
Gerbil

Return to Gaming