More info about Dragon Age Inquisition

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

More info about Dragon Age Inquisition

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:24 pm

Here is more info and two videos of Dragon Age Inquisition.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/415089/interviews/interview-bioware-on-dragon-age-inquisition/
http://www.centurylink.net/news/read/category/Technology/article/cvg-dragon_age_inquisition_trailer_outlines-ncrd

This game keeps looking better and better. Even after the let down that was Dragon Age 2 I am looking forward to the third installment in the series. I'm getting the impression its going to be a open world like the TES series, but they have not confirmed that clearly. Now if we could remove having to deal with EA out of the process...
Khali
Gerbil XP

Re: More info about Dragon Age Inquisition

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:42 pm

I wasn't too impressed with the first dragon age, but this actually sounds interesting
I like Windows 8.
Seriously.
chµck
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:55 pm

chµck wrote:I wasn't too impressed with the first dragon age, but this actually sounds interesting

What! It was the coolest. And the story.....OMG.

Now..... I also like the second, even though a lot of people didnt.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(''')(''')
Wounded Warrior Project
Watch out for evil Terra-Tron; He Does not like you!
tanker27
Darth Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:06 pm

tanker27 wrote:
chµck wrote:I wasn't too impressed with the first dragon age, but this actually sounds interesting

What! It was the coolest. And the story.....OMG.

Now..... I also like the second, even though a lot of people didnt.

I didn't like the gameplay, and maybe I expected too much. It didn't wow me as much as the mass effect series.
I like Windows 8.
Seriously.
chµck
Gerbil First Class

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Khali wrote:Here is more info and two videos of Dragon Age Inquisition.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/415089/interviews/interview-bioware-on-dragon-age-inquisition/
http://www.centurylink.net/news/read/category/Technology/article/cvg-dragon_age_inquisition_trailer_outlines-ncrd

This game keeps looking better and better. Even after the let down that was Dragon Age 2 I am looking forward to the third installment in the series. I'm getting the impression its going to be a open world like the TES series, but they have not confirmed that clearly. Now if we could remove having to deal with EA out of the process...

They may say whatever they want to - I have very little faith in EA games after seeing what they've done to all of their latest major releases. Hopefully EA's new "refund" policy will also apply to this game when it will be released...

Oh, and that quote from that article - "These are characters that now feel alive. Our goals is to get right past the uncanny valley and right to characters who you love and interact with. Morrigan for example has moved radically forward in terms of that kind of stuff"
Yes, yes, Morrigan moved very "radically" in latest trailer - now she looks (her face) like a barely passable transsexual :roll:
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:43 pm

JohnC wrote:"...Characters who you love and interact with. Morrigan for example..."
Did you watch Farscape?
i7-4770K, H70, Gryphon Z87, 16 GiB, R9-290, SSD, 2 HD, Blu-ray, SB ZX, TJ08-E, SS-660XP², 3007WFP+2001FP, RK-9000BR, MX518
JustAnEngineer
Gerbil God
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Yes. Why do you ask?
My subscription allows you people to exist on this site and makes me a better human being than you'll ever be
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 pm

Morigan is voiced by Claudia Black, she also played Aeryn Sun in Farscape.

(sorry JustAnEngineer, I couldn't hold it in and let you have the punch line) :evil:

Oh, and that quote from that article - "These are characters that now feel alive. Our goals is to get right past the uncanny valley and right to characters who you love and interact with. Morrigan for example has moved radically forward in terms of that kind of stuff"
Yes, yes, Morrigan moved very "radically" in latest trailer - now she looks (her face) like a barely passable transsexual :roll:

I have to agree, for whatever reason they took her to the ugly side. I do not like it at all though.
Khali
Gerbil XP

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:15 pm

Khali wrote:Morigan is voiced by Claudia Black, she also played Aeryn Sun in Farscape.

I am aware of this fact. Has absolutely no relevance on in-game character's looks, though. Morrigan's character in original DA:O was based on a different person (Victorria Johnson) and it looks significantly different than new "Morrigan" in latest trailer for DA:I.

Khali wrote:I have to agree, for whatever reason they took her to the ugly side. I do not like it at all though.

I am glad that I'm not the only one here who still has functional eyesight and sense of aesthetics :wink:
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:31 pm

You people had me hoping that she was actually ugly/weird looking. Instead she looks like a photoshopped model with too much makeup on.
peartart
Gerbil

Postposted on Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:54 pm

B.t.w, the comments at first link are hilarious!

"First of all, you guys "chose" Frostbite because you're basically EA's buttplug now. Don't try to tell us otherwise.

Secondly, I see you guys are again trying to have your cake and eat it too. The best thing you could have done is ignore DA2 like it didn't exist and get back to your roots and what made DAO a great game. Instead you're still trying to find this stupid, non-existent bid-ground between the nerd who wants a deep, epic and complex RPG and the Call of Duty frat-boys. This is the same type of mentality that ruined Dragon Age 2 and ended up ruining the Mass Effect series as well.

Finally, it's pretty damn clear you're too focused on the console versions and what new consoles can do. This should have been a PC title first and foremost. That was one of the three key pillars of the inception of the series (the other two being a return to BioWare's roots and a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate), but it like the others was tossed aside to milk it for the mainstream with the sequel.

BioWare just doesn't have a clue these days. Stop harping on about building "RPGs" when all you're doing is making cinematic action games now, and it's clearly all you want to make. I'll stick to Obsidian and CDProjekt for my RPG fixes now methinks. BioWare have not only lost their way, but they've burned the map and eaten the breadcrumbs."

:lol:
JohnC
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:04 pm

TL;DR version: "Waaaaaah! Why don't you meanies make RPGs with crappy combat systems any more?"
If there is one thing a remote-controlled, silent and unseeable surveillance/killing machine needs, it’s more whimsy. -- Marcus
Darkmage
Darth Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Return to Gaming