Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, Hoser

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Anyone watching LoL World Championships?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 pm

Wow, that intro (despite the crowd) was better than ANY superbowl halftime show I've watched. Really well done, the staples center looked amazing. I'll be up until the wee hours of the morning. I can't decide who I like more, SK Telecom T1 or Royal Club. They are both likable and dangerous in their own ways. Wish the crowd had been more into it though! Maybe the crowd was just muted against the incredible combined performance. Chills and jaw dropped.

I think Uzi is going to carry hard and be the difference, but the midlane wh1tes vs faker could be a determining factor too. Anywho, if you have no idea what i'm talking about, I'd encourage you to get lost in the game and the atmosphere!

http://Na.lolesports.com - watching 1080 on azubu, so nice.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Re: Anyone watching LoL World Championships?

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:57 pm

I am watching it (even though I don't play it) and yes, the intro was pretty impressive.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:58 pm

JohnC wrote:
I am watching it (even though I don't play it) and yes, the intro was pretty impressive.

Start playing! I'll probably stroll through some ARAMs while I watch the stream. It's fun if you can suspend the want to strangle bitchy little kids and just enjoy the game at your own pace. :)

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Nah, this is one of those games that is more fun to watch for me than actually play.
B.t.w, there are now more than 600,000 viewers on Twitch.tv alone! Very impressive what Riot managed to achieve even though they were not the first in the MOBA genre.
Gifter of Nvidia Titans and countless Twitch donation extraordinaire, nothing makes me more happy in life than randomly helping random people

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:40 pm

JohnC wrote:
Nah, this is one of those games that is more fun to watch for me than actually play.
B.t.w, there are now more than 600,000 viewers on Twitch.tv alone! Very impressive what Riot managed to achieve even though they were not the first in the MOBA genre.

I do believe they are the biggest game, in the world, bar none now. I don't even think it's close now. I really play a lot more than I should! Twitch was my preferred stream but the jerkoffs at verizon force me onto their chached servers ala content nazi network and twitch and youtube just plain do not work for me any longer. I hoe the FCC slaps the **** out of them. Corporations are not people, they don't get to charge me a monthly fee and then censor my content. Common carriers please! /rant

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 pm

Isn't there a way to block certain IP ranges in your firewall which supposedly helps with routing for FiOS users?

Edit: Man, SK Telecom are totally on the ball...

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:42 am

There is, however it's unreliable and I've tried everything from every google result to no avail.

steelcity_ballin
Gerbilus Supremus
Topic Author

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:41 am

SKT1 3-0, daaaaaaayum.

JohnC
Gerbil Jedi

Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:50 am

Yeap, they totally owned Royal Club from the very beginning.