New indie simulated strategy game coming out

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

New indie simulated strategy game coming out

Postposted on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:28 am

This is a FYI only. This is not an ad or anything.

A game called Banished is coming out. Just that I have been following this one man band develop a Sims like game all on his own. Pretty amazing actually. It goes thru the whole history of him developing this game. If are you a history puff or a programmer, you might be interested in following this. It really in-depth and personal. We need more developers like this.

Anyway, it will be selling on steam soon. You can check it out here http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/
A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective.
Edward Teller
SomeOtherGeek
Gerbil First Class
Gold subscriber

Re: New indie simulated strategy game coming out

Postposted on Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:53 am

My friend showed me this not long ago. I have been waiting for a solid noob-friendly DF clone/spinoff and the fact that it's in 3d (pretty 3D) combined with this developer's insightful dev posts (as you mentioned) make it an instabuy for me. I don't think I'll even wait for reviews assuming it's a reasonable price.
Duct Tape Dude
Gerbil
Gold subscriber

Re: New indie simulated strategy game coming out

Postposted on Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 am

Yep, same here. I'm buying it the minute it comes out just to support the developer for keeping his fans informed!

I also like the fact is it not so violent. None of that first person shooting stuff that is everywhere.
A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective.
Edward Teller
SomeOtherGeek
Gerbil First Class
Gold subscriber

Return to Gaming