Sniper Elite 3 anyone

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Tue May 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Hello everyone,

Have you seen the latest gameplay video? The night missions look pretty good.

This is another game I'm keeping on my radar and will probably get as soon as it's released. But I'm not too sure how the MP mode will play out, I worry it may become too monotonous after a few matches...
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative
Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Tue May 20, 2014 7:50 pm

i'm keeping my eye on this aswell, and thx for the reminder, still haven't finished Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army 2
AMD Phenom2 X2 555 - 3.2GHz | unlocked X4 B55 3.6GHz | ASUS M4N75TD | 2x4GB Patriot DDR3-1600 | EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB | Dell ST24 | Seagate 1.5TB | 600W PSU | MX518 | Win 7 Home SP1 | Sennheiser HD 280 PRO |
SoM
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Thu May 22, 2014 4:05 pm

That video was awesome, thank you! This game is definitely on my "must have" list. I remember playing the original Sniper Elite back around six years ago on the PC and was impressed with it and the bullet camera if you took a good shot. I played it again recently, and while it has not stood the test of time as well as I would have liked, I still mostly enjoyed replaying it. I also have Sniper Elite 2 for the Xbox 360 and liked it a lot. I will have to replay it again now. I sort of want to see if a "Silver Star" edition or something similar comes out for Sniper Elite 3 at some point, but yeah, I want to play it for sure.
PetMiceRnice
Gerbil XP
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:33 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:38 pm

PetMiceRnice wrote:That video was awesome, thank you! This game is definitely on my "must have" list. I remember playing the original Sniper Elite back around six years ago on the PC and was impressed with it and the bullet camera if you took a good shot. I played it again recently, and while it has not stood the test of time as well as I would have liked, I still mostly enjoyed replaying it. I also have Sniper Elite 2 for the Xbox 360 and liked it a lot. I will have to replay it again now. I sort of want to see if a "Silver Star" edition or something similar comes out for Sniper Elite 3 at some point, but yeah, I want to play it for sure.


Sorry, I've been meaning to reply to your comment this entire week...

You are probably referring to the "Kill Cam" in Sniper Elite. Which is exactly what caught my eye originally and got me to play the game. In fact, the "Kill Cam" is the only feature I remember the most :wink: The new installment of the game has an improved, 3D version of this feature, take a look if you have a second: http://www.sniperelite3.com/en (just click on Features).

I've been playing as sniper in Battlefield 4 for the past few weeks, and I guess I can call it "practicing" till Sniper Elite 3 comes out this month LOL
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative
Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:07 am

I just got Sniper Elite 2 free, if I ever finish it I'll grab 3 just because they were so nice. :) But I'm kinda busy with other games.
Meow.
Savyg
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:18 am
Location: Between desert and tundra

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:14 pm

I just played the first mission, put in about 20 mins, so far so good, I like the game; although it will take me sometime to get used to the 3rd person pov. Sniping is fun, weapons feel right and the stealth element will definitely play a big role in this game :)

Anyone else played it yet? (First impressions?)

Similar to other shooters, I'll probably play and finish the campaign mode (SP) first, then jump into MP/Co-op.
Sam
Community Manager, Enthusiast and Component Channel Communications
Official AMD Representative
Warsam71
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Warsam71 wrote:I just played the first mission, put in about 20 mins, so far so good, I like the game; although it will take me sometime to get used to the 3rd person pov. Sniping is fun, weapons feel right and the stealth element will definitely play a big role in this game :)

Anyone else played it yet? (First impressions?)

Similar to other shooters, I'll probably play and finish the campaign mode (SP) first, then jump into MP/Co-op.


I should have it later tonight or tomorrow. As long as it's as fun as the second, I'll be a happy camper. :)
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:52 pm

just got it, also about 20 mins into first mission, playing it on ultra and it looks awesome, and the movement is much better then V2 imo.
AMD Phenom2 X2 555 - 3.2GHz | unlocked X4 B55 3.6GHz | ASUS M4N75TD | 2x4GB Patriot DDR3-1600 | EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB | Dell ST24 | Seagate 1.5TB | 600W PSU | MX518 | Win 7 Home SP1 | Sennheiser HD 280 PRO |
SoM
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:57 pm

SoM wrote:just got it, also about 20 mins into first mission, playing it on ultra and it looks awesome, and the movement is much better then V2 imo.



Are the "killcam" shots still canned, or are they dynamically animated now?


I've been avoiding all the media surrounding the game, after seeing that brief video about how they modeled muscle group and blood vessels. Want to go into it with no preconceptions.
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:17 pm

Hz so good wrote:
SoM wrote:just got it, also about 20 mins into first mission, playing it on ultra and it looks awesome, and the movement is much better then V2 imo.



Are the "killcam" shots still canned, or are they dynamically animated now?


I've been avoiding all the media surrounding the game, after seeing that brief video about how they modeled muscle group and blood vessels. Want to go into it with no preconceptions.


still canned but have much greater detail
AMD Phenom2 X2 555 - 3.2GHz | unlocked X4 B55 3.6GHz | ASUS M4N75TD | 2x4GB Patriot DDR3-1600 | EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB | Dell ST24 | Seagate 1.5TB | 600W PSU | MX518 | Win 7 Home SP1 | Sennheiser HD 280 PRO |
SoM
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

SoM wrote:
Hz so good wrote:
SoM wrote:just got it, also about 20 mins into first mission, playing it on ultra and it looks awesome, and the movement is much better then V2 imo.



Are the "killcam" shots still canned, or are they dynamically animated now?


I've been avoiding all the media surrounding the game, after seeing that brief video about how they modeled muscle group and blood vessels. Want to go into it with no preconceptions.


still canned but have much greater detail


Darn. I hoping for dynamic animation, like Lucasarts tried with Force Unleashed.
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:08 pm

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:16 pm

was gonna post a video but fraps gave me a 220mb 6sec clip lol

here some pics that don't really do justice.

Image

Image

Image

and a nut shot

Image
AMD Phenom2 X2 555 - 3.2GHz | unlocked X4 B55 3.6GHz | ASUS M4N75TD | 2x4GB Patriot DDR3-1600 | EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB | Dell ST24 | Seagate 1.5TB | 600W PSU | MX518 | Win 7 Home SP1 | Sennheiser HD 280 PRO |
SoM
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:06 pm

I finally lifted my embargo on Steam and was able to get Sniper Elite v2 at no charge a few weeks ago when they were offering it for free for a 24-hour period. It is also fun to play on the PC. For me the killcam never gets old! I also picked up Nazi Zombie Army 1 and 2 during the Steam Summer Sale and am working my way through the first game. Just hoards of zombies and they sometimes resurrect too! Looking forward to Sniper Elite 3 definitely.
PetMiceRnice
Gerbil XP
Silver subscriber
 
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:33 am
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

Re: Sniper Elite 3 anyone

Postposted on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:01 pm

WOW myth busted?

i had to take out a sniper in Siwa Oasis, took a shot and it went through the scope and eye

damn, wish it was recorded :(

damn game is fun, much better then V2 for sure

Image
Image

managed to grab a shot of it :)
AMD Phenom2 X2 555 - 3.2GHz | unlocked X4 B55 3.6GHz | ASUS M4N75TD | 2x4GB Patriot DDR3-1600 | EVGA GTX 750Ti 2GB | Dell ST24 | Seagate 1.5TB | 600W PSU | MX518 | Win 7 Home SP1 | Sennheiser HD 280 PRO |
SoM
Gerbil First Class
 
Posts: 174
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 am
Location: Toronto


Return to Gaming

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests