MGS V Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to PC

How we justify all that high-dollar hardware.

Moderator: Hoser

MGS V Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to PC

Postposted on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:05 pm

So? What do you think of this? I wouldn't have called it. This historically exclusive, almost archetypically exclusive title is making its way to the PC platform. If something like this can be announced for PC then who knows what might be. Seems that the consoles being essentially PCs and the implied reduction in development time and cost of a port is really going to result in more ports.

Any thoughts? Excitement? Is it because the consoles are PCs or is it just because Konami is after as many sales as it can do? I imagine they'll be good ports right? Do you expect native Steam controller support? I was surprised to hear this.
fhohj
Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Re: MGS V Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to PC

Postposted on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Considering Metal Gear Rising was just released on PC not too long ago, I'd guess it's how that sold as well as their having experience with the platform now.
I can't leave without my buddy Superfly!
Savyg
Gerbil Elite
Silver subscriber

Postposted on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:02 pm

fhohj wrote:So? What do you think of this? I wouldn't have called it. This historically exclusive, almost archetypically exclusive title is making its way to the PC platform. If something like this can be announced for PC then who knows what might be. Seems that the consoles being essentially PCs and the implied reduction in development time and cost of a port is really going to result in more ports.

Any thoughts? Excitement? Is it because the consoles are PCs or is it just because Konami is after as many sales as it can do? I imagine they'll be good ports right? Do you expect native Steam controller support? I was surprised to hear this.

Actually, it's not exactly 100% exclusive. MGS 1 was ported to the PC, the Gamecube got the awesome Twin Snakes, and we got Metal Gear Raiden on the PC again. So... just sayin'

But yeah, I told wasn't expecting the newest one to come out on PC at all, but given how much dev costs for AAA games have gone up, it's almost suicidal these days to be non multi-platform.
Hz so good
Gerbil Elite

Postposted on Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Hz so good wrote:
fhohj wrote:So? What do you think of this? I wouldn't have called it. This historically exclusive, almost archetypically exclusive title is making its way to the PC platform. If something like this can be announced for PC then who knows what might be. Seems that the consoles being essentially PCs and the implied reduction in development time and cost of a port is really going to result in more ports.

Actually, it's not exactly 100% exclusive. MGS 1 was ported to the PC, the Gamecube got the awesome Twin Snakes, and we got Metal Gear Raiden on the PC again. So... just sayin'

But yeah, I told wasn't expecting the newest one to come out on PC at all, but given how much dev costs for AAA games have gone up, it's almost suicidal these days to be non multi-platform.

Fair point. Yeah, the classics do actually have ports, apparently. Though, the original was done a full two years later, and the second is apparently mostly forgotten due to being horrible. I don't really qualify the second one thanks to it apparently sucking but the first does qualify even if it took some time.

I hope this game avoids the politics so that it can shine when it really does come out, and doesn't leave one group or the other choking on graphical glitches and other issues.
fhohj
Gerbil
Silver subscriber

Return to Gaming