Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

any good app for window phone ?

Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:06 am

it have being sometime i come back to the forum, i still recall using Iphone 4 3 year ago .

i change to Xiaomi 3g Note and it is suck with less memory and storage till everytime i need to clearn my app and uninstall application. Since i'm using window pc for all the while.

i decide to move to Window phone for a tried. I do found it convenience on using it for 1 months. Email and contact integrate seamless into window system 8.1

the only problem is -
1-less application if i want to install to customize the home screen .
2-i found out that my contact which i save into google is not sync into my People system ,it was sync after days....although system show up-to-date , is there any workaround ?

NoOne ButMe
Gerbil Elite

Re: any good app for window phone ?

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:41 pm

home screen is locked. Only options are:
1. turn all apps off the "home screen" which defaults to list view only./
2. Given the phone allows it, enable see more apps.
3. given the phone allows it, disable see more apps.

As for gmail, well, i'm going to try a few things right now. Get back to this soon.

Okay, there are a few way sto sync the contact. First, go to email+accounts, than to the gmail account. There are a few ways to keep contacts and calendars (and email). As in normal (in my experience) the email sync is offered every so often. Contact and calander sync is defaulted to manually.

Given your email is set to push/every X time than contacts won't sync with it (well, they might, but, your experience (and mine) suggests that is not the case.

So, either you can change the time that contact/calendars sync than go back. The account will sync.

Two, keep it at manual, than go into the inbox and sync it manually at the bottom.

I just used both these methods to import 2 test contacts I just made.
currently running: Clevo W230SD, i7-4710MQ, 1TB SSD, 960m, win10 Pro + 1 HP Pavilion 22XI monitor and sometimes a 1080p 32" Vizio TV.

mghong
Gerbil XP
Topic Author

Re: any good app for window phone ?

Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:24 am

NoOne ButMe wrote:
home screen is locked. Only options are:
1. turn all apps off the "home screen" which defaults to list view only./
2. Given the phone allows it, enable see more apps.
3. given the phone allows it, disable see more apps.

As for gmail, well, i'm going to try a few things right now. Get back to this soon.

Okay, there are a few way sto sync the contact. First, go to email+accounts, than to the gmail account. There are a few ways to keep contacts and calendars (and email). As in normal (in my experience) the email sync is offered every so often. Contact and calander sync is defaulted to manually.

So, either you can change the time that contact/calendars sync than go back. The account will sync.

Two, keep it at manual, than go into the inbox and sync it manually at the bottom.
I just used both these methods to import 2 test contacts I just made.

Thank , at least now i know why not many people use window phone hahahah ...

i try again your method of sync contact and it seen like it is working now...!! :D :D :D :D

Btw is it same way that it will sync google calendar into the main calendar ?