Searching for a Sony Clie' CD

Laptops, PDAs, Cell Phones, and all other tech that you carry with you.

Moderators: mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo, David

Searching for a Sony Clie' CD

Postposted on Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:52 pm

So here is the deal. I'm the proud new owner of a 615C Sony Clie'. I'm extremely happy with it, but for one problem. Sony's support site is complete and utter crap. Apparently the 615C is being end of lifed and is rather hard to find in stock. The short of it is, I ended up getting a display model. No biggie, it's in excelent shape and I got a really good deal on it. Problem is, no software CD. I figured it would be no problem to head over to Sony's support site and download the software package. Boy was I wrong. If anyone happens to know where I can get a hold of the software CD for this thing (either individual packages or as an image), I'd greatly appreciate it.

--SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:03 pm

Well, I can't help you with an image, but I'm curious about the 615 since Sony's latest PDA stuff has really impressed me. How's the battery life?
Dissonance
TR Staff
Gold subscriber

Postposted on Wed Jul 03, 2002 11:07 pm

I've only had it a couple of days, so I don't know what the normal usage life is going to be yet, but it looks to be fairly decent. I spent a couple hours at the pub using it to score darts and it spent most of the time on with the backlight running. Battery went from full to about 80% during that time. Sony says about 10-12 days on of normal usage on a charge. From what I can tell, that looks to be accurate.

One thing to note: my normal usage includes running the backlight. The screen in not really readable without it unless you are in bright light. It looks like it is an EL backlight though, so it should be pretty efficient. Time will tell.
SecretSquirrel
Gerbil Jedi
Gold subscriber

Return to Mobile Tech