Personal computing discussed

Moderators: renee, David, mac_h8r1, Nelliesboo

BurntFingers
Gerbil First Class

Re: Digital camera

Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:29 am

DSC-150 7.2 mp the 7+ mega pixel CCD would probably capture more detail than the 5mp cams, but that doesn't mean the image quality will be higher than that of a 5mp cam... image quality also depends on image processing algorithms as well as sensor quality. That said, the Sony CCD used in this cam is the same one used by Canon in the Powershot S70.

Power Shot A-95 offers the best selection of manual modes of the 3 camreas if control is what you're after.

Nikon Coolpix 5200 made to be a good point and shoot type camera, and from what I have read, does it very well.

Personally I love Canon and Nikon cameras, they just seem get things right.
that doesn't look too hard... oh dear!!!

jobodaho
Graphmaster Gerbil
Topic Author

Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:27 am

blue_bludger wrote:
I guess it all comes down to how valuable size is - if you want a small camera then there has to be compromises. Whatever you choose I would get hold of one in a shop first, see how it fits in the hand, is the balance ok are the controls fiddly etc.?

I've actually visited the shop that I'm buying it from twice now, and both times this camera has really surprised me. It feels really well built, and it has a not to big but not to small feel about it. Mainly I need an every day camera that has as many features I need as possible (including wide angle). I would love to have a really nice SLR camera but it really isn't practicle for me to have one.